PDA

View Full Version : Safe Parking at VA 603-Fox Creek?

JonR
12-21-2009, 16:04
A friend and I plan on going from Elk Garden to Fox Creek and taking our time to do it in two nights next week.

I have heard that while Elk Garden is not too bad of late, Fox Creek can be a dangerous place to park. Since we plan on ending up there, we are looking for ideas. Thoughts on whether it is safe enough or alternatives?

THANKS!

Ewker
12-21-2009, 16:09
I know folks who have had their car stolen or broken into at the parking lot at VA603.

The Solemates
12-21-2009, 16:10
A friend and I plan on going from Elk Garden to Fox Creek and taking our time to do it in two nights next week.

I have heard that while Elk Garden is not too bad of late, Fox Creek can be a dangerous place to park. Since we plan on ending up there, we are looking for ideas. Thoughts on whether it is safe enough or alternatives?

THANKS!

alternative is to get MRO or lone wolf to shuttle you

Rain Man
12-21-2009, 18:08
Jerry's Kitchen (formerly Troutdale Trading Post) is right down VA 603 from the Fox Creek crossing, in Troutdale. We camped a couple weeks ago at Fox Creek at Thanksgiving on our section hike. Ate dinner the next night at Jerry's. He's a great guy and offers free shuttles to-and-from his place.

If this link works, it'll be his photo--
Rain Man and Jerry (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=38295&catid=searchresults&searchid=28967)
Phone is 276-677-3010.

If he's not available, it's possible WBer SawnieRobertson will shuttle you. She's nearby (Sugar Grove) and graciously shuttled us.

Rain:sunMan