PDA

View Full Version : What can I do about a new member that is Harrassing me?

JoshStover
12-23-2009, 08:11
What can I do about a new member that is Harrassing me? This member has sent me 13 PMs in the last couple hours harrassing me. I have told them everytime that they need to just leave me alone but they dont listen. Any Mod that might read this please contact me so we can figure something out. Thanks for your time and have a Happy Holiday everyone! Hope Santa brings you all the new gear you can stand!!!
:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:bana na:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D

Egads
12-23-2009, 08:13
Go to your user control panel and put them on ignore mode

JoshStover
12-23-2009, 08:15
Whoa, sweet. I didnt know I could do that. Thanks. Will there posts still be visible by me? I dont even want to see there posts if I can keep from it.

Egads
12-23-2009, 08:17
You will see their name w/o content. It takes an extra click to read their posts should you be inclined to

JoshStover
12-23-2009, 08:18
This member is know BLOCKED!!! Thank you Egads. WB will be ALOT smoother for me now. I just hope that this person doesnt cause any trouble with any other members here on Whiteblaze. I hate to see a person get on here and ruin it for people...

Gumbi
12-23-2009, 08:34
Either that, or you could start posting their PM's for all to see! :) They would get the hint really quick for sure!

Cookerhiker
12-23-2009, 09:02
Whoa, sweet. I didnt know I could do that. Thanks. Will there posts still be visible by me? I dont even want to see there posts if I can keep from it.

You will see their name w/o content. It takes an extra click to read their posts should you be inclined to

If you lurk on a WB forum without signing in, you'll see the member's posts. The "ignore" blockage only works when you're signed in.

Toolshed
12-23-2009, 10:16
Post the PMs here along with their user name.

saimyoji
12-23-2009, 10:21
or at least send them to an admin....

kanga
12-23-2009, 10:30
we even have a thread for that!:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53575&highlight=private

warraghiyagey
12-23-2009, 10:33
we even have a thread for that!:

Stop harassing me. . .

kanga
12-23-2009, 10:41
Stop harassing me. . .
then quit being a douce...

warraghiyagey
12-23-2009, 10:42
I can't. . . .

kanga
12-23-2009, 10:45
oh...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Rockhound
12-23-2009, 11:10
Stop harassing me. . .
you don't even exist. how can you be getting harassed?

Dogwood
12-23-2009, 11:50
Stop touching me. He's touching me! Stop touching me! WB he's touching me! Tell him to stop touching me! Kind of reminds me of those silly sibling rivalries in the back seat of the car!

Happy to hear he/she is not touching you anymore Josh! Got to love that Ignore Mode.

sheepdog
12-23-2009, 11:53
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:E6PNEuVNWfljBM::www.hauntedamericatou rs.com/ghosts/The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg&t=1&h=196&w=141&usg=__sFPw-hJ5Ydu58EIU4zq_Ie8IKBE= (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/ghosts/The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/ghosthunting/GhostHuntersMovies.php&h=597&w=430&sz=52&tbnid=E6PNEuVNWfljBM:&tbnh=265&tbnw=191&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhere%2527s%2Bjohnny%2Bthe%2Bshining&hl=en&usg=__CXBYMGfBOxKmq5qjItkvtFMZw5Q=&ei=4jwyS7O0FIXeMdG9qfQI&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&ved=0CAkQ9QEwAA) I said I'm not touching you

vonfrick
12-23-2009, 12:08
you kids knock it off back there or i'm gonna turn this car aound and we'll never get to disneyworld!

ShelterLeopard
12-23-2009, 12:19
Either that, or you could start posting their PM's for all to see! :) They would get the hint really quick for sure!

Usually, I'd never say that. But 13 pms in a couple hours? Post 'em. Post 'em now. And I'm curious...

You can also let a mod know- PM gator and see if he can do anything about it. (I think blocking is fine, but if this person is really harassing you, they'll probably do it to others and just continue to be a right pain up the royal arse. So, might as well report 'em.)

bfitz
12-23-2009, 14:43
Best way would be an extremely clever (not nasty) retort or comeback that puts em in their place so they're too embarrased to continue. Second best way would be the ignore button.

atraildreamer
12-23-2009, 21:36
What can I do about a new member that is Harrassing me? This member has sent me 13 PMs in the last couple hours harrassing me. I have told them everytime that they need to just leave me alone but they dont listen. Any Mod that might read this please contact me so we can figure something out. Thanks for your time and have a Happy Holiday everyone! Hope Santa brings you all the new gear you can stand!!!
:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:bana na:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D:banana:D

Phone rings: "Sir, this is the police. We have traced the source of the harassing posts and determined that they are coming from your home address. :eek:We recommend that you vacate the premises until we can conduct a search for the perpetrator. Sir...sir...are you still there?":confused:(Line disconnects to dial tone):banana

ed bell
12-23-2009, 21:52
Well, this looks like it has been resolved. Remember to contact an Administrator if you have any issues with harassment. It's better to go that route than to create a thread about it.

russb
12-23-2009, 22:34
Best way would be an extremely clever (not nasty) retort or comeback that puts em in their place so they're too embarrased to continue. Second best way would be the ignore button.

Go with "jerk store".

sasquatch2014
12-24-2009, 08:32
Damn it now I will have to go and create a whole new profile before I can continue. Don't worry I'll send you a PM with my new name and then like a few dozen others as well.

Alligator
12-24-2009, 09:37
Well, this looks like it has been resolved. Remember to contact an Administrator if you have any issues with harassment. It's better to go that route than to create a thread about it.Right. Use the ignore button, contact an admin, and don't keep carrying on about it in the forums.