PDA

View Full Version : Springer Mtn New Years Eve.

Longbow
12-23-2009, 17:44
I here there is a celebration there. Anyone going to be there?

Lone Wolf
12-23-2009, 17:46
I here there is a celebration there. Anyone going to be there?

yeah there is. about 40 folks

Egads
12-23-2009, 18:12
Does anyone know when this tradition started?

HikerRanky
12-23-2009, 18:43
Does anyone know when this tradition started?

In 1814 we took a little trip... :sun:sun:sun

I'm going to try and make it this year.... Would be a good time to try out the toys I'm hoping to be getting....

Randy

Marta
12-23-2009, 18:44
I'll be there with my husband and a few friends from Charlotte.

karo
12-23-2009, 23:48
In 1814 we took a little trip... :sun:sun:sun

I'm going to try and make it this year.... Would be a good time to try out the toys I'm hoping to be getting....

Randy
If I can make it Hiker Randy, do you wanna car pool with me? Right now I don't have any plans for New years.

Egads
12-28-2009, 07:48
Any chance of snow is dashed whenever the metro Atlanta weather forecasters call for it. http://www.ajc.com/news/rain-forecast-for-new-259285.html

Bulldawg
12-28-2009, 08:11
Any chance of snow is dashed whenever the metro Atlanta weather forecasters call for it. http://www.ajc.com/news/rain-forecast-for-new-259285.html

You going to Springer Egads?

HikerRanky
12-28-2009, 13:14
If I can make it Hiker Randy, do you wanna car pool with me? Right now I don't have any plans for New years.

Would have loved to, but just found out that I'm heading north to Indiana over the New Year's holiday.... Maybe next time!

mac attack
12-28-2009, 17:37
Hey, two SOBOs here, planning to finish on the afternoon of the 31st, however got into neels gap today and discovered it was a dry county and we are unable to get the champagne that we were hoping for upon completion of our hike.

If anyone would be able to bring up two extra bottles of cheap champagne, (andre's is ususally the cheapest) it would be super appreciated! we would probably even be able to meet you at any of the road crossings before the summit if need be! And of course we would pay ya back!

I'll try and get back on the computer in the morning to update, so if there is anyone out there that can help, you'd be a hero!

I mean, who doesnt want to celebrate 2100 miles!

Annie

Marta
12-28-2009, 19:14
Hey, two SOBOs here, planning to finish on the afternoon of the 31st, however got into neels gap today and discovered it was a dry county and we are unable to get the champagne that we were hoping for upon completion of our hike.

If anyone would be able to bring up two extra bottles of cheap champagne, (andre's is ususally the cheapest) it would be super appreciated! we would probably even be able to meet you at any of the road crossings before the summit if need be! And of course we would pay ya back!

I'll try and get back on the computer in the morning to update, so if there is anyone out there that can help, you'd be a hero!

Annie

I'm not sure about champagne, but there will be plenty of other celebratory liquids available on New Years Eve. See you there!

Bulldawg
12-28-2009, 19:15
Who all is going?

karo
12-28-2009, 20:16
Would have loved to, but just found out that I'm heading north to Indiana over the New Year's holiday.... Maybe next time!
That's ok I can't go now either.

Jim Adams
12-28-2009, 20:45

Annie

Annie,
I'm passing on your problem to Boudin and BisquetKnees, 1990 thruhukers who live in Blairsville, 12 miles away! I'm sure that one way or the other they will handle your problem for you. I don't want to post their phone # on here w/o asking first so ask Winton for their phone #...he knows them well. Herb and Kim Rabb.
Good luck and have a GREAT New Years...BTW, do you know how to snort Jack Danials yet?:D

geek

Jim Adams
12-28-2009, 20:52
Annie,
I'm passing on your problem to Boudin and BisquetKnees, 1990 thruhukers who live in Blairsville, 12 miles away! I'm sure that one way or the other they will handle your problem for you. I don't want to post their phone # on here w/o asking first so ask Winton for their phone #...he knows them well. Herb and Kim Rabb.
Good luck and have a GREAT New Years...BTW, do you know how to snort Jack Danials yet?:D

geek

Ask Winton for their cell #'s...Kim says it's OK.

geek

Del Q
12-28-2009, 21:50
Wonder who migth be starting their NOBO on 1-1-10?

warraghiyagey
12-28-2009, 21:56
Wonder who migth be starting their NOBO on 1-1-10?
Bulldawg is starting his NOBO just after midnight on New Years. . . .

Bulldawg
12-28-2009, 21:59
Bulldawg is starting his NOBO just after midnight on New Years. . . .

I'm starting my NOBO after I wake up Friday morning man. I am hoping to make it to the parking lot before any of the others NOBOs.:eek::-?

warraghiyagey
12-28-2009, 22:03
I'm starting my NOBO after I wake up Friday morning man. I am hoping to make it to the parking lot before any of the others NOBOs.:eek::-?
:p:p:D . . . .

Slo-go'en
12-28-2009, 23:31
Since hiker midnight is 9 PM, you guys get to start the new year a little earlier than those of us who at stay home...

Spogatz
12-29-2009, 09:20
Forecast for Springer on New Years Eve is :

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

mweinstone
12-29-2009, 09:37
has anyone ever robbed a bank to thruhike?
do folks kill themselves sometimes when they fail to get to maine?
can lwolfs drunken carcass be sold to forien body parts salesmen in the night to support me thruhiking?
do i have any body parts anyone would pay for to allow me to thruhike?
are any of my fluids worth anything that could support thruhiking?
witch of my friends wouldnt be noticed if they went missing and were sold into slavery to support my thruhiking needs?tow?yes tow.
are their rich old ladys that keep stables of young thruhikers where i could rise up among them and become champion and allowed to thruhike?
can a thruhiker eat solely from trashcans?
who needs me to do any dirtywork for a thruhike? wolf?
are their grants studying poorness and hiking

for a thruhike, i would sell my son.
hell, hes gotta be worth alot.

Lone Wolf
12-29-2009, 09:40
has anyone ever robbed a bank to thruhike?
do folks kill themselves sometimes when they fail to get to maine?
can lwolfs drunken carcass be sold to forien body parts salesmen in the night to support me thruhiking?
do i have any body parts anyone would pay for to allow me to thruhike?
are any of my fluids worth anything that could support thruhiking?
witch of my friends wouldnt be noticed if they went missing and were sold into slavery to support my thruhiking needs?tow?yes tow.
are their rich old ladys that keep stables of young thruhikers where i could rise up among them and become champion and allowed to thruhike?
can a thruhiker eat solely from trashcans?
who needs me to do any dirtywork for a thruhike? wolf?
are their grants studying poorness and hiking

for a thruhike, i would sell my son.
hell, hes gotta be worth alot.

your thru-hiking attempt days are over. accept it

max patch
12-29-2009, 09:43
Since hiker midnight is 9 PM, you guys get to start the new year a little earlier than those of us who at stay home...

Calling Jester...

mweinstone
12-29-2009, 09:47
not if i write a book all about the lone wolf of the appalachian trail and his mysyeke. sorry. that word, mistique? then ill hike each year staying at your house each time for like two annoying weeks in witch time i will break some of your things while drunk at night. and youll forgive me and tuck me into my drunken slumber and send me each year down the trail with like, an nfl ass smack.

mweinstone
12-29-2009, 09:50
no one has more attempts than me! no one! ill out fail you all!ha!hhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahh!7000 miles and never been to maine in my maine virgin life. ill hump those hills too!

Lone Wolf
12-29-2009, 09:54
no one has more attempts than me! no one! ill out fail you all!ha!hhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahh!7000 miles and never been to maine in my maine virgin life. ill hump those hills too!

i've started at springer 14 times

mweinstone
12-29-2009, 09:58
startin aint ship. quittins harder.

The Solemates
12-29-2009, 21:44
we'll be a few miles up the trail in the Smokies...ya'll have fun:)

sidebackside
12-30-2009, 00:00
i've started at springer 14 times

You've started at springer 14 times? Dare I ask what happened to you?

jesse
12-30-2009, 02:15
Suppose to be a full moon NY Eve.

Maddog
12-30-2009, 04:10
i'll be hiking the approach trail on new years eve and spending the night on springer! brrrrrrr! :)

World-Wide
12-30-2009, 04:21
i'll be hiking the approach trail on new years eve and spending the night on springer! brrrrrrr! :)

Lucky Dog!! (MADDOG that is......:D) W-W

Maddog
12-30-2009, 04:24
Lucky Dog!! (MADDOG that is......:D) W-W

lol! stay safe in iraq! happy new year! :)

World-Wide
12-30-2009, 04:45
lol! stay safe in iraq! happy new year! :)

....and a Happy New Year's back at ya! Keep me posted on your upcoming thru-hike!! W-W

Maddog
12-30-2009, 05:06
....and a Happy New Year's back at ya! Keep me posted on your upcoming thru-hike!! W-W

i will and hopefully by august or september youll be able to pick the brain of an experienced thru-hiker!! ;)

World-Wide
12-30-2009, 05:15
i will and hopefully by august or september youll be able to pick the brain of an experienced thru-hiker!! ;)

Holding you to that!!! ;) W-W

karo
12-30-2009, 14:01
Suppose to be a full moon NY Eve.
Make that a Blue Moon, very rare indeed for New Year's Eve.