PDA

View Full Version : aluminum stay for circuit

jbrecon2
12-25-2009, 02:00
can anyone tell me the benefits of ordering the circuit with this stay?

juma
12-25-2009, 08:10
you'll be able to carry more weight comfortably. I would need it as if I get to much weight on my shoulders, I can feel my neck pinching. some folks though seem to be able to carry frameless packs with almost any weight. you could try it without stays and order them later if ya want.

skinewmexico
12-25-2009, 11:23
Great if you need to carry a bunch of water.

Miner
12-25-2009, 20:32
I bought my ULA Circuit with the stay for the PCT this year. I did so inorder to more comfortably carry the heavy water loads and a 10day carry with a bearcan in the Sierra as it helps transfer the weight to your hipbelt more efficiently. The pack can still carry the same weight without it, but your shoulders will feel it more.

As to whether or not you need it depends on what sort of weight you plan on carrying with your new Circuit. However, the good news is that you can remove it by simply pull apart some velcro if you want to save a few ounces.

juma
12-26-2009, 17:24
I'll say one thing - that belt on the circuit is really the best. It's so stiff it takes the load with hardly any encouragement. I've probably only carried about 26 pounds or less but don't really notice it in the shoulders. I would probably only need the stays if I was heading north of 30 pounds...

jbrecon2
12-26-2009, 17:29
thanks guys, just to be on the safe side and for 10 bucks i think im gonna go for it

Franco
12-26-2009, 22:42
Good idea. At the very worst you have wasted $10, but more likely saved a few dollars in postage and increased the versatility of the pack.
I have the older version and like it a lot for weights below 25lbs. The new one looks nicer again. I particularly like the new roll top closure.
Franco