PDA

View Full Version : ula rain wrap

jbrecon2
12-26-2009, 17:34
has anyone used this thing? was thinking about using it as opposed to rain pants for my thru hike this year. i like the versatility and weight for sure, and can't see myself using pants all that much.

take-a-knee
12-26-2009, 17:48
I ran into a guy on the BMT last april wearing one and he loved his. I plan to get a ULA rain wrap. I see it's niche when it isn't warm enough yet to just use a poncho, but it is warm enough that I won't need my full-zip Precip pants for warmth/windblock.

Chance09
12-26-2009, 17:51
I carried one on my thru once it got warmer. I used it a few times. Turns out most of the time when it was raining I just got wet. Much preferred to sweating in rain gear and getting wet anyways.

take-a-knee
12-26-2009, 22:29
I carried one on my thru once it got warmer. I used it a few times. Turns out most of the time when it was raining I just got wet. Much preferred to sweating in rain gear and getting wet anyways.

I got caught on a military mission one time with only a Goretex jacket (no pants) in sub forty degree rain. When it is that cold, keeping those thigh muscles warm and shiver free is NOT a luxury.