PDA

View Full Version : Costco's 6 gallons of THRIVE dehydrated Fruits

mumbles mcgee
12-27-2009, 20:30
Just wasting away some time and found this:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11480753&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|3605&N=4040913&Mo=22&No=5&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=75277&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

6 gallons of dried fruit; 1 ea of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and apples.

Has anybody had any experience with these? I know just a small (4 oz?) package of dried raspberries can be close to $5. I'm heading out for my first thru this year and know I'll be craving some sweet fruit but don't want to carry the weight. Didn't consider dehydrating my own when it was in season. These look like they would be a great addition to some GORP and/or granola mixes, or good for reconstituting and making some fruit leather for cheap.

They website also has a pack of tropical fruits, vegetables and proteins. Interested in any feedback from anyone.

skylark
12-27-2009, 22:53
I have not tried them, but it looks like a great way to add vitamins to your diet.

Raisins and dates are a lot cheaper, but blueberries, strawberries and raspberries have a lot of good stuff in em.

mumbles mcgee
12-28-2009, 01:00
Just found the manufacturers website. Shelfreliance.com - if you search for "fruit" or "veggies" (not vegetable) it will give you their fruit & veggie package. From there you can find the individual items. FWIW, they claim some of their food to be "GMO free".

Need to revise my first post too.. the big raspberry container they sell by itself is 8.5 oz for $31. The small packages for $5 I was talking about must be closer to 1/2 oz. oops.

sarbar
12-28-2009, 01:16
Thrive is a good brand - they are a coming up brand for those doing self reliance :)

kitticat53
02-04-2010, 17:45
A source I have tried (fruit, not veggies) is Honeyville Grain and they are slightly cheaper than Costco. $114 (flat rate shipping) for the same package.