PDA

View Full Version : ula circuit sleeping pad

jbrecon2
12-28-2009, 01:07
i was thinking of using the z lite 3/4 pad for my thru this ear. i was wondering if this will fit nicely INSIDE the pack?

skinewmexico
12-28-2009, 03:15
It might work. I took some pics with my z-rest on the outside once, I'll try to find them. There was a thread about this on BPL a while back, I don't remember how it ended.

What fits nicely is a POE Ether Thermo 6, partially inflated. And you sleep better too.

burger
12-28-2009, 09:08
I have a Circuit and a Z-rest. I don't think you could easily fit the pad inside your pack without a lot of hassle. But why bother? You can easily attach it outside, on top of the pack or using the elastic cord on the back.

skinewmexico
12-28-2009, 13:18
Fits physically, just not sure how much of the pack is taken up by the thickness. I think Family guy on here was trying this, maybe he'll chime in, if he's done laying on the beach.......

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/891136/Conduit%20-%20Za.jpg

jbrecon2
12-28-2009, 14:09
well i finally ordered the circuit!!! so i guess i'll be finding out soon enough. ULA is amazing. i ordered that sucker on saturday night, and by the time i woke up today (monday) I had an e mail that it had shipped!!

skinewmexico
12-28-2009, 17:45
I haven't dealt with the new owners at ULA, but I know Brian and Casey were amazing. I think Casey is staying on. Great company to deal with, like most of the cottage industries.

Miner
12-28-2009, 21:11
I carried my Gossemer Gear Torso Pad inside of my ULA Circuit without issue, but the 3/4 Zrest is larger. Most people that I've seen carrying both a ULA pack and the Zrest carried the Zrest on the outside. There is no real reason to carry the pad inside since the Circuit already has a frame. I only did so with my torso pad because my gear struggled to fill the Circuit's volume.

skinewmexico
12-28-2009, 21:15
Oops, my bad. I was thinking, and sent pics of, my Conduit. SHould fit easily in a Circuit, depending on your other gear. Or the side pocket.

Chance09
01-03-2010, 17:01
I carried the zrest inside my circuit a bit on my thru last summer when i didn't have enough stuff in my pack to fill it nicely. This happened a lot. Really changed the stiffness and fit of my pack. See what you like best but it does take up a bit of room, the width is perfect tho.

take-a-knee
01-03-2010, 23:24
i was thinking of using the z lite 3/4 pad for my thru this ear. i was wondering if this will fit nicely INSIDE the pack?

This is a pointless idea, it's a closed-cell foam pad, there is no reason to carry it inside the pack. The single center top strap on ULA packs will hold it in place just fine, readily accessible for a chow break.

The_Saint
01-04-2010, 13:09
Put the pad in the buggies on the outside, that's where I keep mine.

FamilyGuy
01-12-2010, 14:31
Thought my ears were burning...

The Z-lite will fit in the Conduit pad holder. It should fit in the Circuit.