PDA

View Full Version : EMS Boreal 20

nox
01-01-2010, 00:25
A few months ago I purchased the Boreal to be my 3 season bag. I do a lot of rafting and canoeing and have dunked a few bags, so I chose synthetic over down. I used it several times in temperate weather, lows of 40- 50 and found it to be very comfortable. This week I took it out on what was supposed to be a 20' night. At 11pm the temp was 10' and the wind was gusting around 40 mph. Inside a REI Quarterdome, fly pitched to the ground and on top of a walmart blue pad and a prolight 3 I stayed very comfy. I'm 5'8" 170 lbs and the regular size gives me about 5"-6" of extra length to stash my water and fuel to stop freezing. It is cut fairly tight compared to some other bags but I still have room to move and layer up if needed. If anyone is looking for a 3 pound synthetic sleeping bag, I highly recommend this one. :sun

nox
01-01-2010, 00:33
I forgot to mention, I was wearing columbia mid weight baselayers, mid weight wool socks and a beanie.

Blue Jay
01-02-2010, 12:37
I agree, although I'm cold at 10F and have to use a liner. I've had this bag for 10 years and it still keeps me warm at 20F.