PDA

View Full Version : Springer to Harpers Ferry

Chicken Feathers
01-02-2010, 18:56
I am planning a trip from Springer to H F I need some advise from thru hikers. The question is I am not planning on doing food re-supply by mail I want to hike at my pace and my schedule not the P O schedule, will I have any trouble getting food at grocery stores? I will start with 5 days and not re-supplying until I get to Hiawassee. Also can anyone give me supplier that I can order alcohol Fuel Bottle.:-?

Lone Wolf
01-02-2010, 18:58
plenty of grocery resupply. no maildrops needed

white_russian
01-02-2010, 19:06
You don't even need to carry provisions to last until Hiawassee. The trail goes right through Mountain Crossings and you can resupply there.

You will not go hungry at any point using grocery stores. There may not be much of a selection at some places, but there will be food of some sort.

For an alcohol bottle, just use a small juice/soda bottle or something like that. You don't need a specialized bottle.

Chicken Feathers
01-02-2010, 19:20
You don't even need to carry provisions to last until Hiawassee. The trail goes right through Mountain Crossings and you can resupply there.

You will not go hungry at any point using grocery stores. There may not be much of a selection at some places, but there will be food of some sort.

For an alcohol bottle, just use a small juice/soda bottle or something like that. You don't need a specialized bottle. Thanks for the quick reply