PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping clothes, hiking clothes

skylark
01-03-2010, 13:34
Lets assume a cool night, with temps dropping to 40F. Daytime temps are expected to be up to 65F.

What clothes do you wear to sleep in?

When you get up, what do you change into to hike in?

sasquatch2014
01-03-2010, 13:38
At those temps I will most likely strip down before getting into my bag at night. I hate sleeping in clothes I get all twisted up and I am twisted enough.

Cabin Fever
01-03-2010, 13:43
Most people will recommend a light baselayer such as Patagonia's capilene products. That can be used for sleeping. You won't need a baselayer on your legs to hike so take those off before leaving camp. You can take the shirt off later in the day when it warms up.

WinterWarlock
01-03-2010, 13:56
At those temps I'd probably be hiking in shorts and a poly t-shirt...would sleep in probably boxers only, maybe a t-shirt.

LIhikers
01-03-2010, 14:39
I'd sleep in a synthetic tee shirt and very thin synthetic long underwear.
Having seperate clothes to sleep in helps keep me comfortable and my sleeping bag a little cleaner.

bigcranky
01-03-2010, 15:35
Low of 40? Boxers, nothing else. Using a 30-F bag.

Low of 30, same bag, light wool long johns, top and bottom, and wool socks, and a light fleece hat.

Low of 20, same bag, Powerstretch tights, microfleece zip tee, warm hat, down jacket, heavy wool socks.

Below 20, 5-F sleeping bag, light wool long johns. Below 5-F, add all the heavy clothing. Below 0-F and I stay home.

BrianLe
01-03-2010, 15:41
Daytime clothes in those temps: long sleeved light button-up hiking type shirt. Long pants. Underwear, liner socks, trail runners. Wind shirt and light gloves perhaps at the start of the day.

Nighttime: I sleep in the clothes I wear during the day. Keeps it pretty simple! The only times this is an issue is if I'm pretty wet, in which case body temp drys out some bits and I take off other bits and just put 'em on wet in the morning. The other issue that sometimes gets me is when my pant legs are really dirty/muddy, so again --- just take off the offending bits to sleep.

Bags4266
01-03-2010, 16:22
I'd sleep in a synthetic tee shirt and very thin synthetic long underwear.
Having seperate clothes to sleep in helps keep me comfortable and my sleeping bag a little cleaner.

X2, Terramar silk bottoms that if I need I could use, and a syn. t- shirt. This to me is more effeceint(sp) than a liner. Double duty.

garlic08
01-03-2010, 16:33
In those moderate temps and given the right bag for the conditions, I'd sleep in my shorts and wear suitable hiking clothes during the day.

mweinstone
01-03-2010, 17:48
ladies?....i sleep nude. at all temps. i get in with every single thing on and my boots if i want but strip nude quick enough.down to below 0. allways. at fourty, i open my bag and sleep under it as a quilt. so,......if i turn over in the night and my bag falls below my sexy,.....and you happen to see,.........thats your fault!oxoxoxoxoxooxmatthewski

Bags4266
01-03-2010, 18:18
ladies?....i sleep nude. at all temps. i get in with every single thing on and my boots if i want but strip nude quick enough.down to below 0. allways. at fourty, i open my bag and sleep under it as a quilt. so,......if i turn over in the night and my bag falls below my sexy,.....and you happen to see,.........thats your fault!oxoxoxoxoxooxmatthewski

Yea the Volkswagon with two flat tires will be exposed! :eek: