PDA

View Full Version : Pack or pack

deity
01-04-2010, 02:54
Hi I am wondering if anyone out there has the Granite Gear Vapor Ki and how they feel about it? I have read that it is super comfortable for a thru-hike, even if you have to carry a little extra in your load.

To opinion-- is it better than the Gregory Jade? And do the lack of pockets get on anyone's nerves, or is it something you grow to live with?

Thanks in advance!

drifters quest
01-04-2010, 13:24
I got the Vapor Ki, I haven't had the opportunity to use it much, only tried it around REI with 30lbs. From that it seemed like a stable and comfortable pack. I know it is very popular for thru hikes and is also lightweight. Goodluck!

tenlots
01-12-2010, 15:38
I have had my granite gear vapor ki for several years. I section hike around 100-150 miles per year. I fit my sleeping bag in a sea-summit bag on the outside in the back, making it double waterproof and have had no trouble with water inside. I will buy another when this one wears out. Last year it rained the last 7 days of our hike.

gumball
01-13-2010, 06:24
I have also had my vapor ki for several years now after switching out of many different packs--this is the one that has proven to be comfortable and up to the wear and tear. I am a section hiker and we put on a couple hundred miles in a years time, up to 7 days at a time as well. I have no complaints. It carries what I need it to and seems to fit my needs perfectly. I have not entertained switching since I started with it.