PDA

View Full Version : yes or no

mweinstone
01-04-2010, 17:41
do you want sociaty to collapse so we can go hiking?

sasquatch2014
01-04-2010, 17:43
I thought it was? I guess I'll need to work a bit harder on my destablizing of things. FTS

DAJA
01-04-2010, 17:49
Yes, we need a good hard reboot of humanity... Hiking would be a nice bonus... But more importantly we need a redistribution of everything...

johnnybgood
01-04-2010, 17:53
This is Whiteblaze. there are no simple "yes" or "no" answers found here .

Hooch
01-04-2010, 17:54
Yes, we need a good hard reboot of humanity... Hiking would be a nice bonus... But more importantly we need a redistribution of everything...
http://www.redwinebuzz.com/winesooth/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/the-soap-box1.jpg

skinewmexico
01-04-2010, 17:56
Not until I hoard more ammo.

mweinstone
01-04-2010, 17:56
after the reboot will their still be cookies?

YoungMoose
01-04-2010, 18:07
NO becuase if society collapses no one is mantaing the trails

DAJA
01-04-2010, 18:12
Hell turn on any business news and listen to these talking calculators spew their silly nonsense about commodities, products and consumers... Utter wasted resources just feeding these pricks...

If these people don't give you the creeps, then you've drank the coolaid... I fear these financial wizards more than anything else on earth.. Nothing but self serving scheme's...

DrRichardCranium
01-04-2010, 18:20
This all reminds me of the Y2K hype ten years ago. So many people desperately WANTED civilization to collapse, that they kept talking it up.

I guess they figured if civilization collapsed, they could tote guns & crossbows and ride around on motorcycles wearing black leather body armor like in the Mad Max films.

But when 2000 came to pass without much incident, they had to give up that fantasy and go back to their boring, crappy jobs on Monday morning.

moytoy
01-04-2010, 18:21
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfree
01-04-2010, 18:22
I already go hiking. What would there be to escape from if we did not have society?

DAJA
01-04-2010, 18:24
go back to their boring, crappy jobs on Monday morning.

That is absolutely true and so very unfortunate... Money and the accumulation of it has replaced life and real living...

Opting out is difficult but doable... I'm almost there!:banana

DAJA
01-04-2010, 18:27
I already go hiking. What would there be to escape from if we did not have society?

There it is again, you feel you'er "escaping" something to go hiking... Truely sad... What kind of world have we created? Why do we feel the need to escape? Wouldn't a world we fully enjoyed belonging too be a better approach?

Jester2000
01-04-2010, 18:36
I guess they figured if civilization collapsed, they could tote guns & crossbows and ride around on motorcycles wearing black leather body armor like in the Mad Max films. . .

As per the Mad Max movies, when society collapses the only businesses that will survive are sporting goods stores and S&M clothing boutiques.

So if you're shopping for post-collapse hiking gear, make sure to get a pack that will fit over football pads, and pick up some extra body glide, 'cause those leather chaps are gonna chafe when you're not wearing pants.

flemdawg1
01-04-2010, 18:39
No, because we'd all have to go to subsistence farming.

Spokes
01-04-2010, 19:05
As per the Mad Max movies, when society collapses the only businesses that will survive are sporting goods stores and S&M clothing boutiques.....

Bust the deal, face the wheel!

Johnny Thunder
01-04-2010, 19:11

Or robbing subsistence farmers.

leaftye
01-04-2010, 19:15
I welcome chaos.

Spokes
01-04-2010, 19:16

Or robbing subsistence farmers.

Either way- FREE SQUASH!!!!!!!

johnnybgood
01-04-2010, 19:21
I welcome chaos.
....as long as the chaos stays clear of my hiking trails.

sbhikes
01-04-2010, 19:58
Hmm, subsistence farming or sitting in a cubicle all day? I'm not so sure subsistence farming sounds all that bad to tell the truth.

beakerman
01-04-2010, 20:00

Why would we do that in a few years the same group of folks would have all again anyway...either you are gooda t making money or you are not.

Toolshed
01-04-2010, 20:10
Not until I can get my new guns, ahem, "weapons" (old military habits die hard). I was just in looking at a new Beretta Cheetah.

Blissful
01-04-2010, 20:12
If it does collapse, what happens to the trail towns where we stop for food?

Bearpaw
01-04-2010, 20:19
Ya see, most of you have made the fatal flaw of first, comprehending Matthewski, and second, actually responding to it! :banana

ths wans fr u matty ;)

DAJA
01-04-2010, 20:24
Why would we do that in a few years the same group of folks would have all again anyway...either you are gooda t making money or you are not.

You're assuming we need money....

mweinstone
01-04-2010, 20:32
lol bp.

as a child my brother would embarass me by bringing his friends into our room and lifting my bed and showing them how his silly younger brother stole food from the kitchen cabs and stashed it under his bed cause he was sure the world was ending. we got seperated and aint seen each other but once in about 33 years. so last week we re united! its wonderful to have family. my son is named after mad max. his mom and i independently wanted to name a child that. maximilion in fact. his mother was thinking max from the mad max movies. i was thinking maximilion schneil, a hollywood producer whos name flashed aft movies. now my bro came and slept in my survivalistic off the grid minimalistic weaponized fully loaded with gear apt and realized i was seriouse as a frickin artery in lwolf a year ago. ive studyed crap i cant talk about for survival.i know how to make you into food clothing and shelter.kidding.

TD55
01-04-2010, 20:40
lol bp.

ive studyed crap i cant talk about for survival.i know how to make you into food clothing and shelter.kidding.

My eyes are watering and my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard.

bloodmountainman
01-04-2010, 21:23
Writing is a form of communication, that may well come in handy, when the breakdown occurs. A little less study of survival "crap" and more study of spelling is in order here.

Don H
01-04-2010, 21:24
No, because with my job if society collapsed I would be too busy to hike!

Tinker
01-04-2010, 21:27
I don't need any excuses to go hiking - just money:(.
(Besides - look around - society collapsed a long time ago!) :)

Lone Wolf
01-04-2010, 21:36

no. hikin' ain't all that. golf is. tiger come back

mweinstone
01-04-2010, 21:36
and i respectfuly insist it is you all who gots to unspell a spell. your all under some weird spell. and you smell. like colapse. colapse aint carein bout no dang spellin and writtin words.

cindellasaurus
01-04-2010, 21:43
NO! As much as I would like for many things to change (people hating each other, killing each other over things like religion...war..so on) if society collapsed, most of us would probably be killed before we could get to the trail or wouldnt be able to get food once we got on it. Imagine all the crazies hoarding food + supplies and looting, and all the crime not being combated..all the people with guns, fighting over who gets to stay wherever is deemed "safe"... the mass histeria would be awful. I can hike now, with less complications..

Jester2000
01-04-2010, 21:48
. . . A little less study of survival "crap" and more study of spelling is in order here.

Some people thought ee cummings didn't know how to capitalize. Others thought Picasso drew the way he did because he couldn't draw things "the way they really look." All of those people were wrong.

Assuming that people don't do things the standard way because they can't or haven't studied how is a common mistake. Some people know the rules, and choose to break them.

Is that what Matty's doing? I wouldn't tell you if I knew . . .

Jester2000
01-04-2010, 21:48
Oh, and if things are going to be redistributed, I want more of the cheese.

kolokolo
01-04-2010, 21:50

That depends. Can I still keep my monkey?

mweinstone
01-04-2010, 21:50
i like what youve decribed. sounds fun.im up fer killin crazys.whos in for a zombie shoot? i know johnney is! tell us thunder, how is a zombiee killed correctly?

Johnny Thunder
01-04-2010, 22:00
You've got to kill the brain. Here's a list of things that you can do to a zombie that wouldn't kill them:

Stab
Shoot
Cut
Chop
Defenestrate
Decapitate
Set Ablaze
Freeze
Thaw
Microwave
Drown
Turn into a sandwich
Botch an appendectomy
Hang them
Make them watch power rangers
Drag them behind your horse
Shoot with flaming arrows
Soak in alcohol

Plodderman
01-04-2010, 22:13
Anything that promotes more hiking, I'm for.

TOW
01-04-2010, 22:16
do you want sociaty to collapse so we can go hiking?it collapsed years ago.....

Jester2000
01-04-2010, 22:31
You've got to kill the brain. Here's a list of things that you can do to a zombie that wouldn't kill them:

Stab
Shoot
Cut
Chop
Defenestrate
Decapitate
Set Ablaze
Freeze
Thaw
Microwave
Drown
Turn into a sandwich
Botch an appendectomy
Hang them
Soak in alcohol

What happens if I make a zombie watch Glenn Beck? Will that kill it?

Graywolf
01-04-2010, 22:39
NO becuase if society collapses no one is mantaing the trails

Collapse would be good, some good trails were born out of the last Great depression, such as the Appalachian Trail..Remember, the CCC built Walasiyi Center back in the early thirties when they were building the trail..The CCC was born out if the GD... So, yeah, it would be good, then we could go back to old times...

And another note, since Y2K failed, you know the government and banks are going to use 2012 to scare people and, of course, be the reason for risng the taxes and prices...Yeah, 2012 is going to be a bad year folks, all because of a 3000+ year old tablet...We will have to face the GOV and Banks!!!!

johnnybgood
01-04-2010, 22:53
:-?............................:eek:......Yep !!!

Johnny Thunder
01-04-2010, 23:01

No. It would just be bored. See, the first rule of getting a zombie's attention is you have to have brains.

atraildreamer
01-05-2010, 10:24
If it hits the fan, we will all have a new trail name...REFUGEE!:mad:

Well equipped hikers will will have another trail name...TARGET OF OPPORTUNITY!:(

bloodmountainman
01-05-2010, 17:45
No. It would just be bored. See, the first rule of getting a zombie's attention is you have to have brains.

If you are not a zombie and do have brains, please give an honest answer to the bold questions Beck has been asking.

DrRichardCranium
01-05-2010, 17:47
Sorry, but I'm afraid FOX News was destroyed in the apocalypse.

Jester2000
01-05-2010, 17:49
If you are not a zombie and do have brains, please give an honest answer to the bold questions Beck has been asking.

The honest answer is "no."

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 18:02
[QUOTE=bloodmountainman;945075]If you are not a zombie and do have brains.../QUOTE]

Are you a zombie? Easy way to spot a zombie is they want non-zombie brains.

Speer Carrier
01-05-2010, 18:03

I agree. The rich are rich, for the most part, because they make the decisions in life that make them rich. The poor are poor because they make the decisions in life that make them poor. Those in between the same thing. The decisions you've made in life from first grade on have got you where you are. It has been estimated that if all the world's wealth were evenly divided, it wouldn't take long for the current rich to be rich again, and the current poor to be poor again. Just human nature.

DrRichardCranium
01-05-2010, 18:05
I agree. The rich are rich, for the most part, because they make the decisions in life that make them rich. The poor are poor because they make the decisions in life that make them poor. Those in between the same thing. The decisions you've made in life from first grade on have got you where you are. It has been estimated that if all the world's wealth were evenly divided, it wouldn't take long for the current rich to be rich again, and the current poor to be poor again. Just human nature.

Hmm, then Paris Hilton must be a FINANCIAL GENIUS!:-?

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 18:06
Ok, enough about zombies (yeah, I know...you can never have enough Zombies). I want to know this:

We have documented geological evidence of the earth flipping polarity at least twice since it's inception. What I want to know is this:

Imagine that it's December 21st 2012...for some reason South just became North (and vice versa). ***?

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 18:07

No but her grandfather, Conrad, was.

warraghiyagey
01-05-2010, 18:08

The term 'new money' and all that fall in to that category wreck your hypothesis - as do 'the rich who have fallen to ruin' . . . . it's as fluid as weather paterns. . . .

Jester2000
01-05-2010, 18:20

That's a bit of a myth propagated by the rich so as to make it seem as if wealth means you're better, or smarter, or more money savvy, so that many of them can convince themselves that they deserve what they have (which is very much human nature).

And sometimes that's true. On the other hand, for every Bill Gates, there are (literally) four WalMart heirs who have done nothing, decision-making wise, to end up where they are.

Wealthy people who bootstrapped themselves are rare enough that those are the wealthy people who are known and get attention (Oprah!)

Don't get me wrong, I believe that the choices you make in life are important, and I think we're responsible for the decisions we make in life. But if you start me 20 yards from the finish line, I can beat the fastest man in the world in a hundred yard dash if he starts at the beginning.

The whole thing is nicely encapsulated in the phrase "he was born on third base and thought he hit a triple."

pfann
01-05-2010, 18:32
I dont want a collapse.

I just want a job that pays me to not show up for work so I can go hiking. If you have any leads, I've got resumes!

Speer Carrier
01-05-2010, 18:42

You notice I said for the most part. Folks like Hilton, the Kennedy clan, etc, certainly just inherited wealth. However, the vast majority of very successful people achieved their success through working very hard to develop their skills.

flemdawg1
01-05-2010, 22:25
That's a bit of a myth propagated by the rich so as to make it seem as if wealth means you're better, or smarter, or more money savvy, so that many of them can convince themselves that they deserve what they have (which is very much human nature).

And sometimes that's true. On the other hand, for every Bill Gates, there are (literally) four WalMart heirs who have done nothing, decision-making wise, to end up where they are.

Wealthy people who bootstrapped themselves are rare enough that those are the wealthy people who are known and get attention (Oprah!)

Don't get me wrong, I believe that the choices you make in life are important, and I think we're responsible for the decisions we make in life. But if you start me 20 yards from the finish line, I can beat the fastest man in the world in a hundred yard dash if he starts at the beginning.

The whole thing is nicely encapsulated in the phrase "he was born on third base and thought he hit a triple."

80% of millionaires are 1st generation affluent. Meaning they started w/ nothing then WORKED for what they have.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/millionairenextdoor.htm

DAJA
01-05-2010, 22:51
However, the vast majority of very successful people achieved their success through working very hard to develop their skills.

Thats some funny stuff right there!

Bushleague'd

DrRichardCranium
01-05-2010, 22:53
But does that mean that the vast majority of very wealthy people will be any better at killing zombies?

Graywolf
01-05-2010, 22:57
Well, lets put it this way, we COULD, if we are smart enough, (remember now, we're human), we could take a hint from Roddenberry,, In the 23rd century there is no money, we all are equal..But hey, thats 200 years away, anything can happen in that time span...

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 23:01
But does that mean that the vast majority of very wealthy people will be any better at killing zombies?

An interesting question. Assuming that the working wealthy live mostly in urban and suburban areas I find that they have a distinct disadvantage in the initial end-game of Zombie Apocalypse. It's just facts, man. When your entire sub development becomes a writhing zombie horde that row of shrubs aint protecting crap.

sasquatch2014
01-05-2010, 23:12
80% of millionaires are 1st generation affluent. Meaning they started w/ nothing then WORKED for what they have.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/millionairenextdoor.htm

And What % of that 80% are involved in the financial sector? Living in NY and close enough to the city to have a bunch of folks around me that were part of that world and mind set it was just the newest generation of the robber barons. Million dollar bonuses? Does AIG mean anything to you? I had a nice nest egg of Stock options once and worked my butt off for a company to only find out that they were cooking the books the company filed for bankruptcy and I now almost 10 years into the company am starting from scratch why? Because one of that 80% was working it so hard. Yep let him turn into a zombie and I'll be doing some zombie killing big time!

FTS!!!!!!

JJJ
01-05-2010, 23:13
After the collapse, it won't be called hiking. It'll be called hunting.
Somebody start passing out the flint tipped spears.

Jester2000
01-05-2010, 23:23

Um, that's not an article in The Washington Post. It's an excerpt in The Washington Post of The Millionaire Next Door, whose authors have a vested interest in having everyone think that everyone else has done it on their own.

How we define "1st Generation," as well as how we define "affluent" can skew things. More importantly, do you know where the authors of The Millionaire next door get their information? From surveys filled out by millionaires, many of whom really, really like the idea of being self-made men. Do you have to guess whether or not the authors fact-check the responses?

Furthermore, I know how to job statistics. Take this gem from that excerpt:

Fewer than 20 percent inherited 10 percent or more of their wealth.

Do you know how you get to that conclusion? By not including investment returns from inheritance money as part of the calculation. So let's say you inherit $2 million. You do nothing more clever or difficult than hire a broker, time passes, and now you're worth $21 million. Hey! Guess what? You're now in the 80% who inherited less than 10% of your wealth! Congratulations!

You're a self-made man, sort of.

The Millionaire Next Door is a book almost completely filled with anecdotal evidence, and not really worth anyone's time.

DAJA
01-05-2010, 23:38
Jester, easy on the logic, eh... You'll offend those who have "earned" their station.... Hell keep it up, and someone's gonna bust out their own rags to riches story and we'll all have to apprechiate their effort and thank them for the trickle down of their efforts...

flemdawg1
01-06-2010, 00:45
And What % of that 80% are involved in the financial sector? Living in NY and close enough to the city to have a bunch of folks around me that were part of that world and mind set it was just the newest generation of the robber barons. Million dollar bonuses? Does AIG mean anything to you? I had a nice nest egg of Stock options once and worked my butt off for a company to only find out that they were cooking the books the company filed for bankruptcy and I now almost 10 years into the company am starting from scratch why? Because one of that 80% was working it so hard. Yep let him turn into a zombie and I'll be doing some zombie killing big time!

FTS!!!!!!

Read the article. 2/3 are entrepreneurs. IE. not working in a corporation.

J2000: If the statistics are so shaky why hasn't any other credible study been done to contradict it? Sorry, your stereotype doesn't survive facts. The bourgeois yacht riding heiress is the exception not the rule.

Sly
01-06-2010, 02:07
This all reminds me of the Y2K hype ten years ago. So many people desperately WANTED civilization to collapse, that they kept talking it up.

I guess they figured if civilization collapsed, they could tote guns & crossbows and ride around on motorcycles wearing black leather body armor like in the Mad Max films.

But when 2000 came to pass without much incident, they had to give up that fantasy and go back to their boring, crappy jobs on Monday morning.

FYI, 2000 had the most attempted thru-hikes on record. :banana

Jester2000
01-06-2010, 03:21

J2000: If the statistics are so shaky why hasn't any other credible study been done to contradict it? Sorry, your stereotype doesn't survive facts. The bourgeois yacht riding heiress is the exception not the rule.

First of all, once again, it's not an article. It's an excerpt from a book. It's a book where the methodology involved surveying millionaires. 2/3 claim to be entrepreneurs. None were asked to offer any proof that it was so.

As to your question asked of me, you can't ask why "any other credible study" has been done, because the study done by the authors of The Millionaire Next Door isn't credible, although it is cited quite often without question, mainly because those who cite it really like the conclusions.

As to why a credible study hasn't been done, I believe that the answer is twofold. First, the only people interested in commissioning studies on how people became millionaires are millionaires and people who want to sell you books and magazines that tell you how to become a millionaire. And those people are going to job the data.

Second, no credible organization is going to be interested in doing a study, because there's no methodology that will produce actual proveable results. Mainly because they know that they would never be able to get a large enough sample of millionaires to completely open up their financial history for review.

So you end up with unproveable survey studies, which are bunk.

I'll wrap this post up with a quote from Bill Gates Jr.'s father, who, by the way, was not poor when Bill Jr. was growing up:

"The unspoken secret is that great wealth is never entirely the result of individual achievement."

Jester2000
01-06-2010, 03:26
Sorry, your stereotype doesn't survive facts. The bourgeois yacht riding heiress is the exception not the rule.

And by the way, I've mentioned nothing in my posts about stereotypes or yachts, and no facts have been presented that counter my argument. And the bourgeois is the middle class, not wealthy people.

DAJA
01-06-2010, 09:56
Quick question. If money will ultimately always end up in the hands of the wealthy, why then have they spent the last 50 yrs developing rules, laws, and regulations to protect their wealth? Why protect something that will ultimately boomarang back to them? Why not share these insane bonuses if after all it will ultamately be recycled back to them?

warraghiyagey
01-06-2010, 10:09
I dont want a collapse.

I just want a job that pays me to not show up for work so I can go hiking. If you have any leads, I've got resumes!
South Carolina might need a governor soon. . . ;)

Old Hiker
01-06-2010, 10:41
[QUOTE=DAJA;944191]Hell turn on any business news and listen to these talking calculators spew their silly nonsense about commodities, products and consumers... Utter wasted resources just feeding these pricks...
QUOTE]

These "pricks" are EATING PEOPLE!?!? mmmmMMMMMMmmmm!!! Long pig good!

Old Hiker

mweinstone
01-06-2010, 11:23
your focus determines your reality. not your starting point. a dieing man in great pain can be joy filled unto death. and some folks can have all but joy. and that is their focus working against them. to dispare, is to turn ones back on god.

14 eggs
6 tolkens
shaveing with soap

xoxooxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxomatthewski

sasquatch2014
01-06-2010, 22:46

once you have been screwed it doesn't really matter much so FTA. Kill'em all and let God sort them out! There is a reason that I failed the postal worker test. Can you tell?:D

Jester2000
01-06-2010, 23:24
once you have been screwed it doesn't really matter much so FTA. Kill'em all and let God sort them out! There is a reason that I failed the postal worker test. Can you tell?:D

Hahahahahaha! I'm guessing you scored too high on "sorting" and "speed," but that your "surly and disgruntled" responses were tinged with too much humor. Am I right?

Full disclosure: I actually really like the postal employees with whom I've had dealings. In reality very competent and friendly. Now if only I could speak to a human at 1-800-ASK-USPS . . .

Johnny Thunder
01-06-2010, 23:26
Hahahahahaha! I'm guessing you scored too high on "sorting" and "speed," but that your "surly and disgruntled" responses were tinged with too much humor. Am I right?

Full disclosure: I actually really like the postal employees with whom I've had dealings. In reality very competent and friendly. Now if only I could speak to a human at 1-800-ASK-USPS . . .

http://gethuman.com/

it says to just press zero at every prompt.

Jester2000
01-06-2010, 23:49
http://gethuman.com/

it says to just press zero at every prompt.

The problem is, I'm seriously attracted to the voice of the woman who recorded the prompts for USPS. When I hear her say "track a package," I get so wound up and confused I just start pressing buttons.

beakerman
01-07-2010, 00:52
You're assuming we need money....

so you are proposing everyone be 100% completely self sufficient in everything?

Ok so you apparently need absolutely no goods or services from anyone...good for you!

What about the rest of us mere mortals? Bartering will only get you so far. Since the beginning of humanity there has always been a "currency of the realm" no matter if it is shiny rocks, sea shells or goats. The has always been an agreed upon currency.

I mentioned money because it's a concept most folks understand...it's tangible to modern life but the same theory applies to goats, rocks, women or whatever...either you are good at collecting the local currency or you are not...there does that make you happy?

Jester2000
01-07-2010, 01:28
What about the rest of us mere mortals? Bartering will only get you so far. Since the beginning of humanity there has always been a "currency of the realm" no matter if it is shiny rocks, sea shells or goats. The has always been an agreed upon currency.

I mentioned money because it's a concept most folks understand...it's tangible to modern life but the same theory applies to goats, rocks, women or whatever...either you are good at collecting the local currency or you are not...there does that make you happy?

While there's never really been a society that managed to rely entirely on barter in human history, it's untrue that there has always been a "currency of the realm" since the beginning of humanity, at least not in all societies. And since your statement takes you into pre-history, you may intuit that it's so, but it's unprovable.

On the other hand, what is provable is that gift economies have existed, and continue to exist. As you might imagine, they tended to exist in places that are remote (so that outside trade was unlikely), and in smallish societies. So it's not surprising that the place you still find them is on South Seas Islands.

Some would cite the Moka Exchange on Papua New Guinea as such a system, but the word "exchange" is pretty much a dead giveaway that the pigs are essentially the same thing as money.

More representative would be the Aropa of Anuta, which is a small island in the Solomons. Another would be the gift economy of Tokelau, called inati. And while Tokelau now does have a cash (or market) economy as well -- mainly because of tourism -- inati does still exist, and it would at the very least be difficult to say it never existed. So there are some cultures that didn't develop anything that could even be considered an "agreed upon currency," because there was no trade of any kind. It turns out that greed is not necessarily a guaranteed part of the human mind. In some cultures, people don't try to accumulate anything at all.

Personally, I like the idea of fiat money. In our society, it works.

Jester2000
01-07-2010, 01:28
And if you're wondering, I did, in fact, have an excellent anthropology teacher in college.

camojack
01-07-2010, 09:05

Stab
Shoot
Cut
Chop
Defenestrate
Decapitate
Set Ablaze
Freeze
Thaw
Microwave
Drown
Turn into a sandwich
Botch an appendectomy
Hang them
Soak in alcohol
I disagree with the part about microwaving not harming a zombie... :eek:

superman
01-07-2010, 09:31
I disagree with the part about microwaving not harming a zombie... :eek:

Cutting the bugger up to fit in the microwave can't do the zombie much good. Just sayin.:)

DavidNH
01-07-2010, 09:45
that may not be so good. Yeah everyone could go hiking, but the outfitter stores would go out of business and where would we find a restaurant to eat at--since society has collapsed?

mweinstone
01-07-2010, 09:48
soup is comprised mostly of soup

DAJA
01-07-2010, 10:09
so you are proposing everyone be 100% completely self sufficient in everything?

Ok so you apparently need absolutely no goods or services from anyone...good for you

just suggesting that we put far to much importance on money and the accumulation of it. It's an obsession for many people, leads to nearly all social problems, and all kinds of justifications for the way things are. Business as usual. I'm included in this, my whole life until recently was spent stressing my days away to make money. It wasn't until I tried to reduce my relianc on money did I realize how much easier, enjoyable and rewarding life can be. Today I make roughly 10% of what I made 2 years ago but yet I'm now stress free, happy, and free to live my life as i choose rather than be dictated to by an employer.
Just recognizing that the accumulation of wealth is not necassary is extremely liberating.

mweinstone
01-07-2010, 10:22
whoever has less, wins. go.i win.

sasquatch2014
01-07-2010, 10:53
soup is comprised mostly of soup

No Soup for You!