PDA

View Full Version : April Hiker Fool Bash in Franklin,NC

Ron Haven
01-05-2010, 19:57
Friends while making you 2010 northbound hiking plans please keep in mind the sixth annual April Hiker Fool Bash.This will be held on April 2nd & 3rd at The Sapphire Inn (http://thesapphireinn.com/) As in the past we will be having some of the same stuff and some new. Same as last year the town has some sort of entertainment planned for hikers,venders,music,food and fun for everyone.

If you would like to make reservations early we will have 30 rooms available at The Sapphire Inn 828-524-4406 if you want lodging at the bash.If you prefer lodging a little quiter our Budget Inn (http://havensbudgetinn.com/) Motel is only 1,000 feet from Sapphire Inn.Last year both motels filled long before the bash and many hikers stayed at The Franklin Inn (http://thefranklinmotel.com/main.asp) only 3 blocks away.

We will have transportation back and forth to Budget Inn & Franklin Inn.Also I am now the new owner of the Franklin Inn also which I purchased in September 2009.If you prefer other lodging they are other lodging in Franklin but you need to stay clear of Days Inn which has just changed to Knights Inn.

As many know and in your guide books list we make 2 or 3 runs each morning frome these three motels only free to Winding Stair,Rock,and Wallace Gaps trail crossings.At 4pm we run free an in town guest shuttle to the Post Office,Outfitter,Grocery Stores and Shopping Centers.We will be running even during the bash.

This scheduled shuttle runs in March & April only.If you call Budget Inn at 828-524-4403 we will shuttle you year around.Also we can arrange shuttles from Amicalola to Fontana too.

We look forward to seeing you here in Franklin.If you have questions feel free to call us,PM me or post a question here.Thanks to all who has helped in the past to make this event possible.

:welcome

Chaco Taco
01-05-2010, 20:19
Awwwwww yea

Hooch
01-05-2010, 22:03
http://thederosh.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/flavor-flav-cc08.jpg

Yeah, boyee! Bulldawg, Dancer and I are planning on hiking in from NOC to Winding Stair Gap and getting there on Friday. See y'all when we get there. As always, thanks for the hospitality, Ron. You're the best, Short Bus!

Bulldawg
01-05-2010, 22:46
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/2007/06/13/flava_flav.jpg

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 22:52
And my bowl has booze in it!!!

http://www.doghatesme.com/.a/6a01156fe52312970c0120a6046550970c-pi

Johnny Thunder
01-05-2010, 22:52
I feel stupid. Sorry guys.

Chaco Taco
01-05-2010, 23:37

Yeah, boyee! Bulldawg, Dancer and I are planning on hiking in from NOC to Winding Stair Gap and getting there on Friday. See y'all when we get there. As always, thanks for the hospitality, Ron. You're the best, Short Bus!

Thanks alot Hooch, thanks alot:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ChinMusic
01-05-2010, 23:40
Hey Ron - What's that catchy "official name" for April Hiker Fool Bash again?

warraghiyagey
01-05-2010, 23:41
Where's Franklin?? . . .

Ron Haven
01-06-2010, 09:31
Hey Ron - What's that catchy "official name" for April Hiker Fool Bash again?The hiking club wanted to change the name to the 100 mile event.Said it sounded nicer for the town and it may.
I put this bash on for the thru hikers.APRIL HIKER FOOL BASH was the name for five years and was started by thru hikers.

I think that if the name is changed it should be the hikers decision. .All of the hikers I have spoken to say they like the name of the bash just the way it is.

hikingshoes
01-06-2010, 10:43
LOL<cant come if there looking like this!!!!

digger51
01-06-2010, 11:52
Ron...the wife is letting me hike this year so I hope to be there. Know any place I can park a pickup with a slide on camper on top for a couple of months while I walk around the hills?

Ron Haven
01-06-2010, 14:31
Ron...the wife is letting me hike this year so I hope to be there. Know any place I can park a pickup with a slide on camper on top for a couple of months while I walk around the hills?Sure Digger,I'll find you a place.

oldmanhiker
01-06-2010, 14:32
Ron, Sounds like a blast but not really sure what it entails. Maybe you could shed some light on what takes place, ie, events, vendors, etc.? I did see it mentioned at the Trail Journal website but no explanations. Those of us starting the trail in mid March should be able to make that time frame and still make it to trail days in Damascus?

warraghiyagey
01-06-2010, 15:38
I sure wish Franklin was in the northeast. . . they have all the best gatherings. . . . :sun

Lugnut
01-06-2010, 16:48
You could always move once your parole is up. :p

Chaco Taco
01-06-2010, 17:18
Ron, Sounds like a blast but not really sure what it entails. Maybe you could shed some light on what takes place, ie, events, vendors, etc.? I did see it mentioned at the Trail Journal website but no explanations. Those of us starting the trail in mid March should be able to make that time frame and still make it to trail days in Damascus?

If you hike to Franklin and make the bash you will pass Traildays by about a week.
Its just a fun time with trail friends and good food. Thats all you need to know. All of this need to know what is going to happen on a thruhike is kind of...well......lame. Go out with no expectations and enjoy yourself. Do you really want predictability on your hike??? Just know that the Bash will be alot of fun! Thats all you need to know really!!! Especially if Im there, will be no shortage on fun!!!!

bigmac_in
01-06-2010, 18:43

FAME -

Franklin

AT

100 Mile

Event

Which everyone thought was LAME.

But that isn't Ron's bash. :D

warraghiyagey
01-06-2010, 18:45
That is lame. . . but I'm not surprised you came up with it. . .

http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/fame.jpg

Hooch
01-06-2010, 21:59
Thanks alot Hooch, thanks alot:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ok, ok. Chaco and Wak are coming, too. There. Happy now? :rolleyes::D

ChinMusic
01-06-2010, 22:25
FAME -

Franklin

AT

100 Mile

Event

THAT was it.

April Hiker Fool Bash has a better ring to it.

Hooch
01-06-2010, 22:32
FAME -

Franklin

AT

100 Mile

Event

Gayest.......name.......ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. April Fools Bash will not only suffice quite nicely, but totally fits the bill. :D

Chaco Taco
01-06-2010, 22:53
Gayest.......name.......ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. April Fools Bash will not only suffice quite nicely, but totally fits the bill. :D

Yea why change it? Its a tradition!

Lugnut
01-06-2010, 23:45
Yeah. It's like changing the name of the ATN to something like, oh, I don't know, maybe AT Journeys or some other dumb name. :-?

Ron Haven
01-06-2010, 23:51
Ron, Sounds like a blast but not really sure what it entails. Maybe you could shed some light on what takes place, ie, events, vendors, etc.? I did see it mentioned at the Trail Journal website but no explanations. Those of us starting the trail in mid March should be able to make that time frame and still make it to trail days in Damascus?Music,entertainment,We cheer the north bounders on thru to Hot Springs where they cheer them on to Damascus,Yes vendors,Trail Legends,Blue Blazin Hiker Trash,Trail Angels,just a little bit of partying, book authors,We sometimes have magicians,clowns and who knows what.

Doing a thru hike is a dream to enjoy for life.While bandits could steal everything you own,memories cannot ever be taken away.We try to add a memory to your library of knowledge and fun that is found on the Appalachian Trail.I have had some tell me in the end,I came on the trail for solitude but curiosity brought me to the bash.

Then tell me"I never knew the trail had so many fond memories".Hope to see you there.I will even post a reservation list (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/curiosity).If you aren't familar to the trail,friends you meet is something to behold.Of all the thousands I have met I have truly been blessed with something money can't buy.

Hooch
01-07-2010, 09:21
.......We sometimes have.......clowns........Definitely clowns there this year. Chaco said he's hiking in with us. :banana

chiefduffy
01-07-2010, 09:32
Music,entertainment,We cheer the north bounders on thru to Hot Springs where they cheer them on to Damascus,Yes vendors,Trail Legends,Blue Blazin Hiker Trash,Trail Angels,just a little bit of partying, book authors,We sometimes have magicians,clowns and who knows what.

Doing a thru hike is a dream to enjoy for life.While bandits could steal everything you own,memories cannot ever be taken away.We try to add a memory to your library of knowledge and fun that is found on the Appalachian Trail.I have had some tell me in the end,I came on the trail for solitude but curiosity brought me to the bash.

Then tell me"I never knew the trail had so many fond memories".Hope to see you there.I will even post a reservation list (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/curiosity).If you aren't familar to the trail,friends you meet is something to behold.Of all the thousands I have met I have truly been blessed with something money can't buy.

Well said Ron! God bless you for all you do for us!!

- Duffy

Bearpaw
01-07-2010, 09:44
Yeah. It's like changing the name of the ATN to something like, oh, I don't know, maybe AT Journeys or some other dumb name. :-?

There's a difference. ATway News was interesting and decent to read. AT Journeys is... not.

It's good to they changed their name so you know it's really NOT the same publication at all.

Lugnut
01-07-2010, 09:51
You got that right!

bigmac_in
01-07-2010, 17:13
:)
That is lame. . . but I'm not surprised you came up with it. . .

http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/fame.jpg

You dumb@$$ - I didn't come up with it - that's what the town of Franklin wants to call it. :(:D:o:cool:

Chaco Taco
01-07-2010, 19:30
:)

You dumb@$$ - I didn't come up with it - that's what the town of Franklin wants to call it. :(:D:o:cool:

Psycho...............;)

Ron Haven
01-07-2010, 19:31
Well said Ron! God bless you for all you do for us!!

- DuffyAll of you are sure welcome.I look forward to it. :sun

Gray Blazer
01-07-2010, 19:43
Good event. Top notch.

D'Artagnan
01-07-2010, 23:42
Will there be pork chops this year?

Bulldawg
01-07-2010, 23:46

You know it!!!

Hooch
01-08-2010, 00:07

You know it!!!Not again. :rolleyes: Maybe Ron should hire some goons from Xe to make sure none of them disappear or get "recycled". :rolleyes::D

Ron Haven
01-08-2010, 00:37
Not again. :rolleyes: Maybe Ron should hire some goons from Xe to make sure none of them disappear or get "recycled". :rolleyes::DI'm unhooking the guard dog chain off Maricela.:D

Will there be pork chops this year?Maybe but I have got some big and different ideas.

solace
01-08-2010, 00:48
The "APRIL FOOLS HIKER BASH" is THE name, and frankly, I love it... If every hiker wanted to change the name, thats one thing.. if it's alot of town folk, at the local "chamber of commerece" that think the "100 MILE EVENT" sounds better... well then, thats another.. This "Bash" was started by a few hikers who, like many.. volunteer thier time & efforts to give back.. to help those who are out for a section-hike... or, those seeking Katahdin... (town folk... hiker folk... who cares, lets all gather, and have a grand time!) I just cant see changing the name, because it "may" sound better, ect.
I can't wait for it! The APRIL FOOLS BASH has become well-known.. along with the music, reunions, & FOOD!!! I should know, after all.. Ron Haven & I started it, nearly 6 yrs ago... SURE HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL THERE!!! CHEERS... Solace ~

Ron Haven
01-08-2010, 11:20
The "APRIL FOOLS HIKER BASH" is THE name, and frankly, I love it... If every hiker wanted to change the name, thats one thing.. if it's alot of town folk, at the local "chamber of commerece" that think the "100 MILE EVENT" sounds better... well then, thats another.. This "Bash" was started by a few hikers who, like many.. volunteer thier time & efforts to give back.. to help those who are out for a section-hike... or, those seeking Katahdin... (town folk... hiker folk... who cares, lets all gather, and have a grand time!) I just cant see changing the name, because it "may" sound better, ect.
I can't wait for it! The APRIL FOOLS BASH has become well-known.. along with the music, reunions, & FOOD!!! I should know, after all.. Ron Haven & I started it, nearly 6 yrs ago... SURE HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL THERE!!! CHEERS... Solace ~Thanks Solace,you and KTR have been an appriciated very important role in all the April Hiker Fool Bash and we all hope both of you can attend this year.:sun
It is a mile stone event that the hiking club here don't really understand.:o

Ron Haven
01-09-2010, 15:26
You can click on this link for a Reservation list. (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1429#post1429) :welcome

Ron Haven
01-10-2010, 11:33
As always, thanks for the hospitality, Ron. You're the best, Short Bus!All of you know that you are sure welcome.

Jeff
01-10-2010, 12:10
Ron,

Are you operating the hostel this year?

StarLyte
01-10-2010, 12:18
Ron you are awesome, and loved.

Ron Haven
01-10-2010, 21:57
Ron you are awesome, and loved.thanks but so are you.I am hoping to see you at the ruck and at the April Hiker Fool Bash too if all possible.

Big Oz
01-12-2010, 00:34

S ending
H ikers
A round
M essy
E nviroments

They probably have something planned with no class. :o

Gray Blazer
01-12-2010, 09:54
The town of Franklin should call their festival Ron Haven Days.

Ron Haven
01-12-2010, 22:47
Ron,

Are you operating the hostel this year?I guess not,I just purchased the Franklin Motel this past September and It is going to be a full load thru hiker season to keep them all in order.

Ron Haven
01-13-2010, 04:41
The town of Franklin should call their festival Ron Haven Days.that may scare everyone away.

Jack Tarlin
01-13-2010, 18:55
You bought the Franklin?

I didn't know that. Congratulations on the empire expansion.

So when are they re-naming the town "Haven"? :D

tintin
01-13-2010, 19:24
I'd hope to be in Fontana Village by then, but would still like to go. Still a little unsure of transport etc in the US when hiking. Any ideas for the best way to get to Franklin?

Jack Tarlin
01-13-2010, 19:37
In the past, Ron has done shuttles from such places as Hiawassee, the Nantahala Outdoor Center, and Fontana Dam.

I suspect he'll be doing so again, or will know of people who are.

I'd get in touch with him a few days before the event (so you'll have a better idea of where you're gonna be) and he'll help you arrange a ride.

Likewise, he'll also help AFTER the event so you get back to where you need to be.

tintin
01-13-2010, 19:41
Cheers Jack - thanks for referring me to this website too!

Ron Haven
01-13-2010, 21:02
In the past, Ron has done shuttles from such places as Hiawassee, the Nantahala Outdoor Center, and Fontana Dam.

I'd get in touch with him a few days before the event (so you'll have a better idea of where you're gonna be) and he'll help you arrange a ride.

Likewise, he'll also help AFTER the event so you get back to where you need to be.Yes TinTin I will help get you from Fontana to the bash.Possibly in a Limo.

Thanks Jack for the congradulations on the Franklin Inn.Looking forward to seeing all of you down here in the spring.

Also Tin Tin I run free shuttles from Winding Stair,Rock, & Wallace Gaps trail heads to Franklin each morning in Mar & Apr. at 9am & 11am each morning for our guest.We also would come to pick you up any time in the year if you call us at 828-524-4403

Ron Haven
01-23-2010, 04:55
we have one room available as of now at Sapphire Inn for the bash if anyone wants to reserve it.it is room 14. (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181)

BAG "o" TRICKS
01-26-2010, 11:14
You bought the Franklin?

I hear the locals are calling him Ronald Trump:)

Ron Haven
01-26-2010, 13:49

Likewise, he'll also help AFTER the event so you get back to where you need to be.We will helping arrange shuttles back an forth to ditant areas for the bash.It anyone will be coming and offer rides you may want to offer it on the ride board.

I hear the locals are calling him Ronald Trump:)Some are calling me Ron patel :D

Gray Blazer
01-26-2010, 14:08
We will helping arrange shuttles back an forth to ditant areas for the bash.It anyone will be coming and offer rides you may want to offer it on the ride board.

Some are calling me Ron patel :D

I can smell the curry from here!

solace
01-26-2010, 16:19
Nah... no way! Ronnie is much better looking than Donald Trump! ;)

haha, He's been doin Franklin & Hikers good for many years!

They should just re-name it Ron-Lin, North Carolina :)

Ron Haven
01-26-2010, 17:12
We will helping arrange shuttles back an forth to ditant areas for the bash.It anyone will be coming and offer rides you may want to offer it on the ride board.

Some are calling me Ron patel :DCompetition with them is in the family.In 1962 my great uncle got sent to jail for running moonshine to feed his family because he couldn't find a job.

Two years later he got out on parole.While serving his time he was a trustee and worked part time in a laundromat.So happened when he got out the business owner died and the wife owner finances him the business for $2,000

He sold candy,milk,cigarettes,coffee and bread to make the payments when times were slow with the washers and dryers.He proceeded to do grow more to the convience store side and long story short,Great Uncle Jerry died in 2005.He owned 77 convience stores with a 4th grade education.:sun

Cookerhiker
02-08-2010, 17:13
You bought the Franklin?

That's funny - I often and instinctively refer to him as "Ron Franklin."

Ron Haven
02-08-2010, 22:20
The Sapphire Inn is already booked for the bash but we have plenty of rooms available at Budget Inn & Franklin Motel.

By the way I put a little web page together for the bash: hikerfoolbash.com (http://hikerbash.ronhaven.com/index2.htm)

Ron Haven
02-14-2010, 11:25
The Sapphire Inn is already booked for the bash but we have plenty of rooms available at Budget Inn & Franklin Motel.

By the way I put a little web page together for the bash: hikerfoolbash.com (http://hikerbash.ronhaven.com/index2.htm)We just had a cancelation at Sapphire Inn this week for a non smoking room with a king size bed.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-16-2010, 10:34
We just had a cancelation at Sapphire Inn this week for a non smoking room with a king size bed.

I just called and tried to switch out a NS room with 2 dbl beds and was told
they were all booked up. If it is still available I'll take it Ron and just free up my room.

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-16-2010, 10:37
We just had a cancelation at Sapphire Inn this week for a non smoking room with a king size bed.

I just called and tried to switch out my reservation from a NS room with 2 dbl beds and was told they were all booked up. If it that king single is still available Ron I'll take it and you can just free up my room.

Hooch
02-16-2010, 22:27
Sorry, Tricks, that open room got taken by my buddy Doc. See ya there! :D

gungho
02-17-2010, 01:27
Sorry, Tricks, that open room got taken by my buddy Doc. See ya there! :D

that is not nice mrs hooch................

Ron Haven
02-17-2010, 02:09
I just called and tried to switch out my reservation from a NS room with 2 dbl beds and was told they were all booked up. If it that king single is still available Ron I'll take it and you can just free up my room.Tricks I will sure notify you if we get something else.I also had another call just before you and I booked them at Budget Inn.I have about 9 rooms left there but I have about 50 at the Franklin Inn as of now.As soon as I posted that cancellation Sapphire Inn it was booked right back within just a few minutes. Reservation List (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181)

Ron Haven
02-17-2010, 02:26
Music,entertainment,We cheer the north bounders on thru to Hot Springs where they cheer them on to Damascus,Yes vendors,Trail Legends,Blue Blazin Hiker Trash,Trail Angels,just a little bit of partying, book authors,We sometimes have magicians,clowns and who knows what.

Then tell me"I never knew the trail had so many fond memories".Hope to see you there.I will even post a reservation list (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181).If you aren't familar to the trail,friends you meet is something to behold.Of all the thousands I have met I have truly been blessed with something money can't buy.Updated Reservation List (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181)

Hooch
02-17-2010, 06:45
that is not nice mrs hooch................Shut up Bung Ho. :p I was merely relaying information to let him know that the room was taken, not taunting the man. See you there too. :rolleyes::D

K2
02-17-2010, 12:21
Well, I've called to try to get in on the fun. The gentleman who answered (not Ron) told me to call back this afternoon. I really want to meet you all as I am a novice hiker, and I want to make sure I have all my bases covered, so to speak.

Oh, BTW, the origin of my trail name. I have an initial K, as does my sister and younger brother. My older sister started signing her emails K1, and I fall in line as K2.
Also, the second highest peak is called K2. The AT, while not as challenging or dangerous, is going to be difficult, so I think my working trail name is appropriate. It is subject to change. Cheers ~K2~
~K2~

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-17-2010, 14:12
Shut up Bung Ho. :p I was merely relaying information to let him know that the room was taken, not taunting the man. See you there too. :rolleyes::D

Don't worry taunting is fine, as a matter a fact it is highly recommended amongst the Billville clan.., oh my mistake.., that's 'annoying' not 'taunting' :)

Ron Haven
02-17-2010, 20:45
Well, I've called to try to get in on the fun. The gentleman who answered (not Ron) told me to call back this afternoon. I really want to meet you all as I am a novice hiker, and I want to make sure I have all my bases covered, so to speak.

Oh, BTW, the origin of my trail name. I have an initial K, as does my sister and younger brother. My older sister started signing her emails K1, and I fall in line as K2.
Also, the second highest peak is called K2. The AT, while not as challenging or dangerous, is going to be difficult, so I think my working trail name is appropriate. It is subject to change. Cheers ~K2~
~K2~Rosebud if you need to speak with me it is ok to call me at home during the evenings at 828-369-8086

for a week or so I will not be in my office much.I am in the middle of getting a lot of progects finished before the hikers start north in big numbers.I want to be able to devote all my time to them.

Ron Haven
03-02-2010, 00:32
Hiker Bash starts in one month,April 2nd..................!!!!:banana

sasquatch2014
03-02-2010, 09:01
I am trying to keep an eye on it and may be able to shake loose to make it down. I would love to be able to find the time to hike in but may have to hold off till next year for that with all that is going on. If I can't spend extra time I may do a commando run down if anyone else would be interested in a great weekend an a lot of time in the car. I would be coming down from NY. Road trip!

Hooch
03-02-2010, 09:10
Hiker Bash starts in one month,April 2nd..................!!!!:bananaWe'll see you'uns there, Ronnie! :D

Cookerhiker
03-17-2010, 15:13
There's a difference. ATway News was interesting and decent to read. AT Journeys is... not.

It's good to they changed their name so you know it's really NOT the same publication at all.

I don't know if this will change your opinion Bearpaw, but you are mentioned in the latest issue of AT Journeys which I just received today. It's an article about partipation in Hard Core. You're quoted by name.

Unless there's another Bearpaw around....

Ron Haven
03-18-2010, 21:22
The Hiker Fool Bash is two weeks away and we look forward to seeing all of you.I also had a smoking room cancelation at Sapphire Inn today with 2 double beds.It was room five.Here is a Reservation Link (http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181) , Hiker Bash Link (http://hikerbash.ronhaven.com/index2.htm) and a link to The Sapphire Inn (http://thesapphireinn.com/)

solace
03-19-2010, 14:16
You dont want to miss this years food!!! Delicious!!! :)
6pm, both friday & saturday night @ the sapphire inn!!!
Bring your appetite!!!

Lone Wolf
03-19-2010, 14:25
Bring your appetite!!!

who's cookin'?

solace
03-19-2010, 16:45
Chef Solace is cookin... and LoneWolf.. There won't be breakfast.. or any TUNA MELTS! hahaaha ;)

Cookerhiker
03-19-2010, 17:05
Bring your appetite!!!

Chef Solace is cookin... and LoneWolf.. There won't be breakfast.. or any TUNA MELTS! hahaaha ;)

There's no pot luck aspect - we don't bring anything? Is there a set or suggested fee or is it funded solely by donations? Sorry for the basic questions but this is my first one

Ron Haven
03-19-2010, 21:58
There's no pot luck aspect - we don't bring anything? Is there a set or suggested fee or is it funded solely by donations? Sorry for the basic questions but this is my first oneCooker,We ask for a $10 donation per day per person to cover expenses for band,food but some is donated,security,porta johns,table & canopy rents.I have an agreement made with 2 other motels for hiker rates the same as ours if we run outI will be busing hikers to and from these locations free.
Hope this year is like all in the past "FANTASTIC"....!!:banana

BAG "o" TRICKS
03-22-2010, 13:55
who's cookin'?

Your buddy Jack:eek:

kanga
03-22-2010, 14:15
Your buddy Jack:eek:
we'll see if he can get past maricela's spatula this year..

solace
03-22-2010, 15:10
I usually recruit Jack for some grillin... WATCH THE BEEF!!! ;)

Ron Haven
03-30-2010, 23:39
For those of you who doesn't know Solace yet.He is one of the 3 founders of the April Hiker Fool Bash (http://hikerbash.ronhaven.com/index2.htm) and you will find us all three in the bottom right picture of this link.Me,Solace & his twin brother KTR

solace
03-31-2010, 09:06
6th Annual APRIL FOOLS HIKER BASH MENU!!!
Each year, we try to add a few new things... besides the usual "burgers & dogs" ;)
This Year... we'll have some of the best BBQ in the south, FAT BUDDIES BBQ! Its the kind they serve in heaven ;) Also, We'll be serving Roast Turkey with Apple Nut Stuffing, Southern Pork Chops with an Apple Garlic Demi-Gravy! Cajun Potatoe Salad, Past Salad, Veggies, Desserets.... Whether your a meat lover or Vegetarian.. you'll find plenty of great food... SO MAKE SURE TO STOP ON IN THIS FRIDAY & SATURDAY HERE IN FRANKLIN, NORTH CAROLINA! Ron Haven has once again set things up to make this annual event a MUST ATTEND! See you at the bash!!!!
:) SOALCE :)

Big Oz
03-31-2010, 23:26
6th Annual APRIL FOOLS HIKER BASH MENU!!!
Each year, we try to add a few new things... besides the usual "burgers & dogs" ;)
This Year... we'll have some of the best BBQ in the south, FAT BUDDIES BBQ! Its the kind they serve in heaven ;) Also, We'll be serving Roast Turkey with Apple Nut Stuffing, Southern Pork Chops with an Apple Garlic Demi-Gravy! Cajun Potatoe Salad, Past Salad, Veggies, Desserets.... Whether your a meat lover or Vegetarian.. you'll find plenty of great food... SO MAKE SURE TO STOP ON IN THIS FRIDAY & SATURDAY HERE IN FRANKLIN, NORTH CAROLINA! Ron Haven has once again set things up to make this annual event a MUST ATTEND! See you at the bash!!!!
:) SOALCE :)sounds great.will there be enough for the long gutted hikers?

DrRichardCranium
04-01-2010, 18:34
I didn't originally plan on coming, but now Ihave a ride (I'm thru-hiking) But it's probably too late to get a room. Is there any place to camp?

Cookerhiker
04-04-2010, 08:49
It was a great time! Thanks to Ron and everyone in Franklin who worked for a successful weekend. The weather cooperated nicely. I enjoyed seeing old friends, meeting new people, and talking to some current year thruhikers.:)

Lauriep
04-04-2010, 09:06
Looks like a great time was had by all. I would have given my eye teeth to see Ronnie play his banjo. Survivor Dave--nice photo of Morgan "Capt. Trouble" Sommerville at the ATC booth.

Off to do A.T. corridor boundary work in Duke Hollow (an obscure area between Rod Hollow Shelter and Ashby Gap in northern Virginia that I bet not a single hiker on WhiteBlaze remembers ;-) with my husband on a glorious day. Looking forward to lots of wildflowers.

Speakeasy TN
04-04-2010, 11:02
A super time was had by this "outsider" and his wife! When you can show up without knowing anyone and immediately be part of the family, it just highlights the best of the Trail........ Thanks to all involved, it was a true pleasure.

K2
04-04-2010, 12:44
I wanted to come, but my month"s money ran out by month's end. Oh well.

Hey Ron! Guess I'll finally meet you at the end of April, when I take time to visit the Georgia relatives. See you then! ~K2~

Ron Haven
04-04-2010, 17:12
Looks like a great time was had by all. I would have given my eye teeth to see Ronnie play his banjo. Survivor Dave--nice photo of Morgan "Capt. Trouble" Sommerville at the ATC booth.

Off to do A.T. corridor boundary work in Duke Hollow (an obscure area between Rod Hollow Shelter and Ashby Gap in northern Virginia that I bet not a single hiker on WhiteBlaze remembers ;-) with my husband on a glorious day. Looking forward to lots of wildflowers.I would love for you to have been here.

I wanted to come, but my month"s money ran out by month's end. Oh well.

Hey Ron! Guess I'll finally meet you at the end of April, when I take time to visit the Georgia relatives. See you then! ~K2~Come by and visit us.

RachelJT
08-01-2010, 17:15
Hello,
I'm conducting a research survey and was wondering if maybe you could as a few of the hikers to take it for me? Had I looked for this event sooner I would have attended to get the experience myself. My survey is for my undergraduate research project. Email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

Jeff
08-02-2010, 06:27
Get up to Rutland, VT and talk with lots of thruhikers face to face.

This Saturday August 7th...Long Trail Festival:

http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/