PDA

View Full Version : Is there a hiking convention?

Pickleodeon
01-06-2010, 11:13
Is there a big convention of hiking stuff, gear, etc. besides like Trail Days or the Gathering? I know there are hiker get-togethers, like the Rucks and things, but I mean, a gear show, like the Consumer Economics Show of outdoor gear. Seems like it'd be a good way for gear manufacturers to get new stuff out there.

Cabin Fever
01-06-2010, 11:17
Yes. Summer and Winter Market shows. http://www.outdoorretailer.com/

Elder
01-06-2010, 22:50
:-? The Outdoor Retailer and other regional type trade shows are not for consumers. They are for Industry people only. Dealers/stores, attend. Manufacturers show the shiny new stuff they plan to make :rolleyes:
Camping Expos etc are usually RV based.
There are a few climbing based demos, but the only place I know to see the Cottage based hiking gear providers is Trail Days.

BrianLe
01-06-2010, 23:53
"There are a few climbing based demos, but the only place I know to see the Cottage based hiking gear providers is Trail Days."

I think it depends on where you live. There were several cottage based gear companies at the PCT kickoff (ADZPCTKO) the year that I went, and at regional pcta.org events (the last one held in Seattle at any rate). Perhaps there are other such venues.