PDA

View Full Version : Alpinlite Stratiform III

stranger
01-10-2010, 00:52
Hey just thought I might mention this tarp that I designed with Gen from Alpinlite Gear because it addresses a number of things that I wasn't able to find on other tarps.

I'm very happy with the end result, and no, I won't be receiving any money for this :)

Check it out at www.alpinlitegear.com, Stratiform III

Medic!
01-15-2010, 13:50
I really like the look of that, but coming from my tarp experience (absolutely none), it looks really big, like I'd have a hard time finding a good site for it in the woods....

Otherwise, I'd definitely consider it if anyone has some review.

comments?

leaftye
01-15-2010, 14:20
I kinda like that poncho tarp...although the price may be out of my reach.

stranger
01-15-2010, 19:06
There is a smaller one, Stratiform I, as well

Medic!
01-16-2010, 18:02
There is a smaller one, Stratiform I, as well

Yeah, but I like the vestibule space. Do you have any photos with someone standing next to/around the III set up? Looking at the photos on the site I keep thinking it looks huge, and I think it's just a persepective issue without having a good reference.

Tinker
01-16-2010, 18:26
I kinda like that poncho tarp...although the price may be out of my reach.
Can you say..........wet feet? :)
I think I'd go with the Gatewood cape, even though I agree that the design is interesting.

Tinker
01-16-2010, 18:30
After taking a second look I have to admit that if I was a ground dweller I'd love to try the Stratiform 1 and the bug tent. Mountain Laurel Designs makes similar items - I saw them there first - but they're more expensive. Maybe they're made differently/better? Hard to tell online.

FamilyGuy
01-20-2010, 15:04
I was VERY close to buying one (I have an Alpinlite bug tent and the quality is top notch!) but went for the MLD SoloMid instead. I wanted more coverage in crappy weather.