PDA

View Full Version : All Black TrailRunners/Boots

Wesoloski
01-11-2010, 13:35
Hey guys

I'm looking for a pair of all black, preferably waterproof, trail runners (or light boots) for a through hike coming up in july. Reason behind the all black is that I just got my uniform allowance for the new year, and if I could find something to wear around the station at work that I could also take on the trail..well that would be a lot better than spending money twice. I'm having a bit of trouble finding something that would suit both purposes so any help would be appreciated.

:)

It would probably be ok if it had some 'light black' accents or something. maybe some grey.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Reid
01-11-2010, 13:39
Salomon makes some black trail runners

Blissful
01-11-2010, 13:52
I can tell you if you wear your shoes to work, they get worn down a lot faster and won't last as long for the trail. JFYI

Phreak
01-11-2010, 14:00
My Salomon XA Pro Ultra 3D Ultra GTX trail runners are black with some red trim.

Chaco Taco
01-11-2010, 14:04
Salomon, New Balance also make a black trail runner

Wesoloski
01-11-2010, 14:15
I can tell you if you wear your shoes to work, they get worn down a lot faster and won't last as long for the trail. JFYI

Ya, I'm aware of this. I work at a pretty slow station, we don't run all that much. Probably only get, mmm, maybe 8-10 hours of real use a month.

grayfox
01-11-2010, 15:34
I once had a job that required a lot of walking in black uniform shoes that nearly killed my feet. My solution was to buy the darkest most comfortable sneakers I could find and a black laundry marker. My boss labeled me a trouble maker but I was technically complying with the dress code and within my rights. Eventually I understood that Thoreau was right, that if a job requires clothing that I do not have already, it is probably not the right job for me. But the marker worked well and did not turn my socks black-and my feet were happy.

Spokes
01-11-2010, 16:40
Always good to check out http://www.zappos.com/ for pricing once you decide on a brand. I've had nothing but great service and returns are super easy.