PDA

View Full Version : Six Moon Designs Swift pack

10-K
01-13-2010, 18:35
Anybody have one of these and care to comment on what they like or don't like about it?

It's been discounted to $75 and looks like it'd make a good pack for a warm weather weekend trip.

juma
01-15-2010, 22:01
I have one of the bigger SMD packs and I like features, pockets, etc. This one appears to be very similar to the miniposa which a lot of people like. I have an older mini and use it in the summer for those short trips like you are thinking of. Sometimes its tough to get everything in as its right on the boderline size for me. I suspect this one will carry about like the miniposa. I gotta have some aluminum arrow shafts in my mini but if you can make it without any real frame support, the SMD pack should work and the price is right.

Grampsb
01-21-2010, 11:48
The new Swift 10 looks like a nice pack BDL has a little discusison on it. Here a link the new Swift 10 along with a comparision. (taken from the BPL) form Ron gives a nice description of it (click here: Swift (http://community.sixmoondesigns.com/blogs/ronmoak/archive/2010/01/20/swift-10-white-paper.aspx) ) and even makes a comparison to some of its possible competitors

10-K
01-24-2010, 07:10
I took my swift pack out for a 30 miler this weekend. It is a great pack - fully loaded (including food and water) I was at 14 lbs.

My only complaint is that the shoulder straps are a little too close together which squeezed my shoulders together causing pain in the back of my neck after 5-6 hours.