PDA

View Full Version : Amicalola Falls State Park-Cottages

K_Squared
01-14-2010, 16:11
Has anyone ever stayed in a cottage in Amicalola Falls State Park? Our parents are driving my husband and I up from Florida to start our thru hike and it would be nice if we could all stay together, cook a nice meal and just relax.

Any reviews???

Tinker
01-14-2010, 16:36
No, but the Hotel looked nice when I stopped by to yogi some matches in the lobby.

Lone Wolf
01-14-2010, 16:38
Has anyone ever stayed in a cottage in Amicalola Falls State Park? Our parents are driving my husband and I up from Florida to start our thru hike and it would be nice if we could all stay together, cook a nice meal and just relax.

Any reviews???

yes i've stayed in one several different times. they're very nice

K_Squared
01-14-2010, 16:49
Great that's all I need to know!

Thanks for the input!

Kristen

ChinMusic
01-14-2010, 18:18

Any reviews???
If your folks are in good health and don't mind a little walk, the Len Foote Hike Inn could be a good option.

http://hike-inn.com/default.asp

chiefduffy
01-15-2010, 00:08
My wife and I stayed in a cottage in '07 and loved it. Reasonably priced, too.

Praha4
01-17-2010, 02:43
I was at the lodge in August 09, and the State Park lodge is super nice, and the breakfast buffet is the best in northern GA! I'm parking my car at the long term parking lot at the park visitor center, and staying at the lodge last nite before starting the hike.

Maddog
01-17-2010, 03:17
I was at the lodge in August 09, and the State Park lodge is super nice, and the breakfast buffet is the best in northern GA! I'm parking my car at the long term parking lot at the park visitor center, and staying at the lodge last nite before starting the hike.

i think this my plan as well! :)