PDA

View Full Version : Help ATC win $1 millon to reach 1 million kids – Vote on Facebook

Lauriep
01-15-2010, 18:11
Today (Jan. 15) a weeklong Facebook contest kicks off that will award the winning non-profit organization a million dollars for their “big idea.” You can help the Appalachian Trail Conservancy win $1 million from a Chase foundation to fund our “Inspire a Million Kids” proposal by clicking a few pages on Facebook.

The money would allow us to expand our "Trail to Every Classroom" program and develop interactive on-line resources that inspire kids to care about the A.T. and protecting the environment (among lots of other cool things--see attached PDF for more details). Our goal is to inspire the next generation of volunteers and stewards for the A.T.

We're the only trail or environmental organization in the competition. We won $25,000 in the first round of this contest this way last month, competing against thousands of others.

All you need to do is vote. Go here to learn how: www.appalachiantrail.org/chase.

Laurie P.
ATC

P.S. Thanks to Karen B. of the Susquehanna A.T. Club for sharing this quick-read summary PDF she created for her club.

slugger
01-15-2010, 18:22
I want to support this but I don't have facebook. Is there a way to cast a vote with out facebook?

papa john
01-15-2010, 19:05
I would too, but even with Facebook, you have to jump through so many hoops just to vote....

Hokie
01-15-2010, 20:39
Agree, it did have a few hoops to jump through and I too was not a Facebook member, but it is pretty menu driven and took 5 minutes. Looked like only 5 votes as of this afternoon for ATC (site shows vote total when you get to it) so all help would be appreciated!

YoungMoose
01-15-2010, 20:47
I voted for it but then my computer lagged so i dont know if it got thorugh. I might as well try again tommorow

Lauriep
01-15-2010, 23:39
We have 1149 votes now--so a good number are getting through! Yes, you have to go through Facebook to vote, and yes, you have to become a fan of Chase Community giving, and occasionally you have to try a couple of times. But it could make a big difference!

We actually have some staff members and volunteers we thought would *never* would be on Facebook join just so they can could vote.

papa john
01-16-2010, 09:01
Persistence pays. I finally was able to vote...

Hokie
01-16-2010, 09:26
We have 1149 votes now--so a good number are getting through! Yes, you have to go through Facebook to vote, and yes, you have to become a fan of Chase Community giving, and occasionally you have to try a couple of times. But it could make a big difference!

We actually have some staff members and volunteers we thought would *never* would be on Facebook join just so they can could vote.

Great news on the total starting to rise!

Sleepy the Arab
01-16-2010, 11:21
Vote early, vote often!