Ok Folks here is my base Layer Bedroom for my march 4 2010 thur-hike
1 Mountain Hardwear Lamina 15 deg bag
2 Fleece sleeping bag lining add 12 deg to bag if needed
3 Ther-a-rest pro lite full pad & Tent Eureka Spitfire
4 Base layer Terramar body sensors top & bottom
5 Also have a pair of really light weight midweight if needed
6 Moose nylon zip off pants
7 Marmot driclime windshirt
8 Polartec 200 weight fleece with DWR fold up small to from Campmor for around camp
9 Marmot Precip Jacket & Pants
10 two pair of gloves one for camp one for hiking
11 two hats one for sleeping one for hiking
What do you think

:-?

Tinker
01-16-2010, 00:44
You would be better off with an extra fleece mid layer than a fleece bag liner. You can't wear the bag liner around camp, and they are maddeningly frustrating to get in and out of when you suddenly realize you need to get up immediately to head to the privy (or for any other reason). WEARING your sleeping bag liner makes much more sense, imho.
How about some socks?

jrwiesz
01-16-2010, 04:50
If you shed the fleece bag liner, you might consider a closed cell foam pad to add, for that extra ground warmth.

A goose down vest, or sweater, would add more to the sleep system, and around camp, as compared to the polartec fleece.

Agree with the socks, and perhaps goose down slippers.

Might get cold "in them thar hills" in the beginning of March.

Just sayin'. Good Luck on you endeavor.:sun

Grinder
01-16-2010, 13:41
My first two years hiking , I carried a polypro tee shirt, Army EWS Long johns and my frogs toggs rain suit. It was marginally adequate. Low temperatures were in the mid thirties those years.

last year, I waited til the end of March to start and still got caught by a Norther that pushed temps below 20 two nights and brought near a foot of snow. Luckily, I had added a down vest and an army poncho liner , modified with a neck hole, to my equipment.. These things kept me comfortable in camp and just barely okay overnight with a 25 degree bag.

I would guess that with the Army EWS you'd be safe most of the time, but you never know.

Chaco Taco
01-21-2010, 19:24
Ok Folks here is my base Layer Bedroom for my march 4 2010 thur-hike
1 Mountain Hardwear Lamina 15 deg bag
2 Fleece sleeping bag lining add 12 deg to bag if needed
3 Ther-a-rest pro lite full pad & Tent Eureka Spitfire
4 Base layer Terramar body sensors top & bottom
5 Also have a pair of really light weight midweight if needed
6 Moose nylon zip off pants
7 Marmot driclime windshirt
8 Polartec 200 weight fleece with DWR fold up small to from Campmor for around camp
9 Marmot Precip Jacket & Pants
10 two pair of gloves one for camp one for hiking
11 two hats one for sleeping one for hiking
What do you think

:-?

WAY Way too much. The sleeping bag is fine, dont take the liner. I have the same bag and its warm enough. Decide between the midweights and the terramar and put one in a bounce box, just in case. Mail it out before you leave to Mtn Crossings and bounce it from there. Only need one pair of gloves and one hat. A little much.
I carried the same hat, same gloves, same base layers the whole way. You will be able to do laundry enough. Dont overthink this stuff. You have the right stuff, just too much of it