PDA

View Full Version : Forest Service Road to Springer - shuttle

bruchko
01-18-2010, 16:48
looking for info on how to arrange a shuttle from Amicalola to the Forest Service Road drop off point. We only have time for a one week section and don't want to hike the Approach Trail. Thanks for your assistance...

cowpoke
01-18-2010, 17:17
Try contacting Josh and Leigh at the Hiker Hostel. www.hikerhostel.com

Bulldawg
01-18-2010, 18:46
Call Cool Breeze at MTNXings!!

Blissful
01-18-2010, 19:46
looking for info on how to arrange a shuttle from Amicalola to the Forest Service Road drop off point. We only have time for a one week section and don't want to hike the Approach Trail. Thanks for your assistance...

Doing the Approach you could get to Neel Gap and beyond. Neat part of the AT experience, IMO. :)

BitBucket
01-18-2010, 20:07
2nd the motion to call Josh/Leigh at the Hiker Hostel...They can pick you up in Atlanta at the Marta station, and they can drop you off at the trail and then pick you up when you get to your end point..

I think you can stay there overnight for around $18 which includes a great breakfast..

www.hikerhostel.com

Ox97GaMe
01-18-2010, 20:16
If you are driving from Tulsa, you have a couple of options. It is usually better to have your vehicle close to your final destination. That way, you dont have to worry about the logistics of getting back to the vehicle, or having to be at a certain place at a certain time. In a weeks time, you should be able to get to Unicoi Gap pretty easily, even if you hike the approach trail. (50 AT miles)

you can check with Winton at Neels Gap, or one of the hostels in Hiawassee about getting a shuttle from there back to Springer area.

rockdawg69
01-18-2010, 20:46

Do you have a start date set?

Cool AT Breeze
01-18-2010, 20:48
I do shuttles in N GA and would be glad to help you out. My # is 813-470-9777