PDA

View Full Version : shiny new ULA Circuit

Roughin' It
01-18-2010, 18:44
just got my ULA Circuit in the mail today, and man does it seem like a perfect pack for what I had in mind. It is bigger than I expected, but at the same time lighter in weight than I expected. The size and fit is perfect, and I packed it full of of my main gear for my upcoming thru, and it seems to carries the weight great. I am looking forward to actually getting it out on the trail.

So yeah, I'm a pleased customer so far.

Chaco Taco
01-18-2010, 19:11
just got my ULA Circuit in the mail today, and man does it seem like a perfect pack for what I had in mind. It is bigger than I expected, but at the same time lighter in weight than I expected. The size and fit is perfect, and I packed it full of of my main gear for my upcoming thru, and it seems to carries the weight great. I am looking forward to actually getting it out on the trail.

So yeah, I'm a pleased customer so far.

Rub it in why dont ya:rolleyes::D:D:D......I bought a used one and have to resell it. It really is a big pack but it is light. Great product.

AUhiker90
01-18-2010, 19:42
They do make a execellent product.

Don H
01-18-2010, 20:10
Did you get the aluminum stay in it? I talked with Chris at ULA about how it fit me and he felt the stay would make a big difference. He was right, it made a great difference in how the pack fit me.

Pacific Tortuga
01-18-2010, 20:15
When the box showed up I thought, crap, the pack fell out, the box was way too light I thought. Score !, it was in there and I knew I would be a happy camper,
now, if Jester would only bring his flask. :cool:

Chaco Taco
01-18-2010, 21:26
Did you get the aluminum stay in it? I talked with Chris at ULA about how it fit me and he felt the stay would make a big difference. He was right, it made a great difference in how the pack fit me.

Its just way too small for me

Red Beard
01-19-2010, 01:13
I got my new Circuit today. As a guy who has used Gregory packs religiously for the past 10 years, I have to admit this thing looks EXTREMELY well-made. The stitching is so clean! I'm 5'-10" and 245 lbs. I have the large hip belt + large torso + aluminum stay, and it fits me like a glove. Like others who have posted, this thing was a lot bigger than I was expecting. Overall, I am very pleased.

thelowend
01-19-2010, 01:17
i am looking at the ohm right now for a thru im planning for next year.. they look like amazing packs for the price. anybody on here have the ULA Ohm?

leaftye
01-19-2010, 01:54
Dang, it can only hold 35 lbs? I'd love a lightweight pack like that, but there are a few times when my food and water alone will weigh that much.

skinewmexico
01-19-2010, 02:02
i am looking at the ohm right now for a thru im planning for next year.. they look like amazing packs for the price. anybody on here have the ULA Ohm?

Only ULA pack I don't own. And the Gossamer Gear Gorilla was just too tempting, so I didn't get one.

mak52580
01-19-2010, 02:33
Dang, it can only hold 35 lbs? I'd love a lightweight pack like that, but there are a few times when my food and water alone will weigh that much.

I "can" hold more than 35lb. You just need to pack it properly. It may not be as comfortable as packing 25lb, but it certainly won't be falling apart at the seams or anything. I don't have the aluminum stays, but I would think that if they are installed that the weight limit could go up slightly as well.

I took mine out for the first time this weekend and LOVED it. My weight was around 30lb.

Chaco Taco
01-19-2010, 10:58
You west coasters and your water caches:D:D

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 11:55
[QUOTE=Don H;954006]Did you get the aluminum stay in it?

Where do you see an Aluminum stay?

"The 1.2 oz carbon fiber and delrin suspension hoop now works in conjunction with a dense internal foam frame that increases backpanel support, and maximizes load control, load transfer, and overall pack rigidity without limiting your range of movement. Bottom line? Slight increase in weight, but major increase in performance."

My pack has no Aluminum other than the few Aluminum items I put in it like stove and foil. Correct me if I am wrong but I think you guys mite be off.

Hooch
01-19-2010, 12:46
Aluminum stay:

Standard features:
Removable

Hydration Sleeve (~1.4 oz)
Internal Mesh Pocket (~1.1 oz)
Water Bottle Holsters (~0.8 oz)
Handloops (~0.8 oz)
Single Aluminum Stay (~2.0 oz)

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 13:03
Yes I see that and your paste and copy is off the site just like mine:-?. So that being said there must be a type-o on the site:eek: or am I just missing something here. I just checked my pack once more and there is NO I say NO aluminum stay in mine.

If your pack has it I would like to know just for curiosity now.:D

Berserker
01-19-2010, 13:04
I bought a Circuit last year (2009 model), and l love it. Great lightweight pack, and well built.

Where do you see an Aluminum stay?
Last year before Brian sold ULA the stay could be purchased as an option. It appears to be a standard item now. It goes in a narrow sleeve in the center of the back panel.

Hooch
01-19-2010, 13:07
Yes I see that and your paste and copy is off the site just like mine:-?. So that being said there must be a type-o on the site:eek: or am I just missing something here. I just checked my pack once more and there is NO I say NO aluminum stay in mine.

If your pack has it I would like to know just for curiosity now.:DWhat year is your pack? This is the first year it's standard on the Circuit. If it's pre-2010, then it may not have one. Obviously, yours doesn't.

Raul Perez
01-19-2010, 13:14
pre-2010 has no aluminum stays. You have to purchase them seperately. I just got my circuit last night and played around with it. I ordered the stays seperately and they installed them for me when I got the pack.

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 13:18
What year is your pack? This is the first year it's standard on the Circuit. If it's pre-2010, then it may not have one. Obviously, yours doesn't.

I got my pack on Nov. 9th of 2009. I see were the stay can go... Huh:-?. I just don't have it in my pack. Now it is all making sense to me I need to lay off the Tea.:D

Sorry to make a disturbance in the ULA Circuit community;)

Hooch
01-19-2010, 13:20
I got my pack on Nov. 9th of 2009. I see were the stay can go... Huh:-?. I just don't have it in my pack. Now it is all making sense to me I need to lay off the Tea.:D

Sorry to make a disturbance in the ULA Circuit community;)All's well. :D If you do want the aluminum stays for your Circuit, call the nice folks at ULA. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to set you up with what you need.

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 13:22
All's well. :D If you do want the aluminum stays for your Circuit, call the nice folks at ULA. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to set you up with what you need.

Naw I'm a G-WEE

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 13:30
All in All this is a very well made pack and would not second guess my purchase. The Fine Folks at ULA are the nicest people and most helpful at all times. I called once got now answer and got a return call in less then 15 mins. Now you find me a gear maker that will do that and in person at that. I would HIGHLY recommend this pack maker for anyone looking to Light-n Up.

Chaco Taco
01-19-2010, 13:46
All in All this is a very well made pack and would not second guess my purchase. The Fine Folks at ULA are the nicest people and most helpful at all times. I called once got now answer and got a return call in less then 15 mins. Now you find me a gear maker that will do that and in person at that. I would HIGHLY recommend this pack maker for anyone looking to Light-n Up.

Six Moon Designs is the same way. Lots of small gear companies with top notch customer service!!!!!

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 14:01
These are the companies we should be buying gear from. Name some more.:)

Hooch
01-19-2010, 14:01
Reputation is what gets cottage gear makers like Six Moons, ULA, Jacks r Better, Trail Designs, Warbonnet, Speer, OES, etc noticed by folks looking for gear. All these companies have built solid reputations based on a great product and top notch, second to none cusomer service.

Miner
01-19-2010, 23:58
Dang, it can only hold 35 lbs? I'd love a lightweight pack like that, but there are a few times when my food and water alone will weigh that much. It won't fall apart if you exceed 40lbs as the construction isn't any different then the larger Catalyst. The 35lbs is more of a comfort issue.

I bought my Circuit in Feb. of 2009 for my PCT thru-hike this year and I got what was then the optional Alum. stay. Though I normally kept the weight under 30lbs, there were a few times that I exceeded 40lbs and the pack never felt overloaded nor did my shoulders scream in discomfort. It's a great pack and can easily handle the extra weight when needed.