PDA

View Full Version : Question for WM Highlite users.

rustyb
09-14-2004, 23:28
I very briefly tried on a Highlite last year & though I remember thinking I wouldn't want to be any taller for it (I'm 6', 165 lbs), I figured the 6' model would suffice should I decide to purchase later. Plus, I must admit to not being able to ignore the fact the 6' model saved 2 oz from the next size up.

Well anyhow, later is here & so is my 6' Highlite. Just got it in the mail today. Wonderful looking little bag however, having played with it inside the house for a bit, I'm now questioning my chosen size. While it feels great width wise, there is virtually no extra room length wise....something I'm not used to in a mummy bag.

I know many such things can be personal preference but I'm just curious if there are any other 6 footers out there using the 6' model and if so, how it worked out for you?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I sent the bag back today for an exchange.

Thanks for the input.

rusty

sloetoe
09-15-2004, 10:39
I know many such things can be personal preference but I'm just curious if there are any other 6 footers out there using the 6' model and if so, how it worked out for you?
Thanks.

I'm 6'1", and got back a month ago tomorrow from a 6 week trip using my Highlite for the first time. I can tell you that I appreciated the extra room in my Long perhaps nightly.

chris
09-16-2004, 16:22
I am 6' 4" and use the 6' 6" model. There is very little extra length room, but I would say that the claimed length is fairly accurate.