PDA

View Full Version : Gregory Z 55 Backpack? Anyone have one?

dan213
01-19-2010, 05:19
I'm not buying a pack for a while but came across a pretty good deal on this. I've read a ton of reviews and everything seems crazy about this. Anyone have any reviews on this?

Hikes with a stick
01-19-2010, 09:02
I have one and I like it alot.

DAJA
01-19-2010, 09:50
I have a Z65 I use for winter hiking and camping.. My winter load is roughly 30-40lbs with food and water depending on length of trip.. It carries very well, incredibly durable, and many nice features for accessing gear inside the main pack..

If you get the right size, you'll be pleased with it..

boone1525
01-19-2010, 09:50
I picked one up a bit ago for my thru this spring. Ive only done small hikes with it so far but I love it.

ehasenmyer
01-19-2010, 10:42
Both my husband and I have them. We love them, but they are a little bit heavy. Since we bought ours 2 years ago, we have shaved off quite a bit of extra weight and no longer need the large volume. I wish I would have bought a smaller, lighter bag. However, the Z55 does have a lot of nice features. We will continue to use them for a long time, because we just don't have the cash to buy new ones.

Live the Journey
01-19-2010, 11:07
I've got the Jade 50 (basically the women's version)... I love mine. I did Rutland to Katahdin with it...Great size (capacity wise) and mine fits me really well. And after about 100-150 miles with it, I sent the toplid home.

It's got my vote!

chezrad
01-20-2010, 21:01
I've got one and really like the fit. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't have low side pockets for water bottles. If it had those it would be ideal. I noticed that the Z65 has water bottle pockets but it lost the kangaroo pocket. Oh well...

Cabin Fever
01-20-2010, 21:57
I've got one and really like the fit. The only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't have low side pockets for water bottles. If it had those it would be ideal. I noticed that the Z65 has water bottle pockets but it lost the kangaroo pocket. Oh well...

I totally agree 100% with this. I have one and have the same comments.

Praha4
01-20-2010, 22:35
I've got a Z55 and love it, Gregory really knows how to make a nice backpack. I really like the mesh belt pockets for quick access to small things you want during the day but don't want to drop your pack.

I wish it had side bottle pockets, but I just stick my 1L bottles on the sides of the large bucket pocket, with other stuff in the middle, the bottles stay in place and it's almost like having the side bottle pockets.

I've also got a Deuter ACT Zero 60+10, which is also a great pack with more volume than the Z55, but no belt pockets. I'm debating right now which pack to take on a 2010 thru hike.