PDA

View Full Version : Circuit

GeneralLee10
01-19-2010, 15:41
How many WB members that are attempting to Thru this year will be using the ULA Circuit? Are you starting off with this pack? What is your plan?

I will try to start with mine and finish.

Tuney
01-22-2010, 21:51
I'm trading in my relatively ancient Dana Designs Bridger, for the ULA Circuit. I've been training with it recently, and it carries very well. I had a problem loading it for a hike in December and ended up carrying my tent outside on top. But then I'm an old guy learning how to lighten up from 45 LBS to something between 30 and 35 LBS.

Red Beard
01-23-2010, 01:15
Sorefoot, I just got one of these, and am planning on using it for my thru attempt this year. Maybe we'll see each other on the trail.

skinewmexico
01-23-2010, 02:32
It's not like the Circuit was designed in a vacuum, it was born and bred on the PCT. I bet it can finish. Hey Tuney, I'm an old guy too, I just got a new pack, new tent, and new sleeping bag, and I was way below 30. Keep after it, try to figure out multiple uses for your gear.

stranger
01-23-2010, 04:14
I have a Circuit but to be honest I'm not overly impressed with it compared to my other packs, but it's substantially lighter than my Osprey which gives it an edge. I might take it based on the weight, but we'll see, the stitching on the top compression strap is already coming loose, I tightened it less than 5 times!

Tuney
01-24-2010, 11:02
Let them know. They have a great reputation for standing behind their products.

GeneralLee10
01-24-2010, 11:09
I have a Circuit but to be honest I'm not overly impressed with it compared to my other packs, but it's substantially lighter than my Osprey which gives it an edge. I might take it based on the weight, but we'll see, the stitching on the top compression strap is already coming loose, I tightened it less than 5 times!

I have not noticed anything like that. But as many have stated on this site they are a very helpful company just give them a call.

I put my Depends on the top of my pack just so I can get to them in a hurry if needed.:eek::D

Roughin' It
01-24-2010, 12:52
Just bought a ULA Circuit, definitely going to use it throughout.

Tuney
01-24-2010, 21:27
The weather is Lousy in GA today so I spent the day going through my gear, and repacking my pack. I'm still learning the best way to work with the Circuit.

This is the best try so far. I have all my cool wet weather gear, 48 0z of water in the Camelbak Bladder, and 3 days worth of food inside the pack and including the Tent (Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2). The pack weighs in at 29 LBS. Not bad for an old guy who has never carried any less than 42 - 45 LBS.

I may break it down, and try a couple of other variations. I'm thinking that for the 100 mile wilderness and some other long interval resupplies, I'll need the tent on top of the pack. Which is OK by me. I don't have to open the pack to get set up in the rain.