PDA

View Full Version : April 2nd 2010 - Thru Hike

JohnsonDigital
01-20-2010, 00:13
I'm 21 years old, although I'll be turning 22 on the hike. I plan on leaving Springer Mountain on April 2nd and hiking the whole way through if it kills me. I'm on a journey to find myself from civilization for a while. So here's a little bit out about me.

I'm a geek and I've been into computers all my life, but on the flip side I also love fishing, hunting, and camping. I love being outdoors. I work for a company called CenturyLink and I provide technical support for their DSL customers. I was in the Army for 2 years and the I was discharged due to some unfortunate circumstances. Oh yeah I'm a male also. Anyways, I'm bound and determined to leave this life of mine behind and complete this thru hike. No less than a broken leg would stop me from going, and that would be only temporary. If any of you are interested in a complete thru hike, starting on this date with me, or around this time, please let me know by PM and we can make arrangements to meet up at that time. I also live in the panhandle of Florida, and I'll be taking a bus to Georgia and probably hitching a ride to Springer. Thank you.

ClassicMagger
01-20-2010, 00:20
Welcome, Travis Johnson. You're in good company and even going alone you'll be fine. I just had my 22nd birthday a few days ago and I leave in 11. I can't wait, however I've gotta catch the UPS guy so I can get the last of my gear...(replacement gear tent fire about two weeks ago).

Hope to see you on the trail.

Moxcey
01-20-2010, 22:06
Right now I'm planning to start my first thru on March 31 or April 1, so I may very well see you on the Trail. I'm going solo so I can keep my own pace, but I wouldn't mind hiking sections with others from time to time. Best of luck! (Don't) break a leg.