PDA

View Full Version : Want to live near the AT?

Miss Janet
09-15-2004, 17:01
A friend of mine has over 50 acres for sale right at Sams Gap. This land is about 400 yards from the trail crossing on the North Carolina side. It is very private because it is located in the space between the new I26 and the old 19/23. But it is only a few minutes by private road to the interstate access. It is completely fenced and has several cleared acres, great building sites, a small cabin, electricity, a privy, several springs and 2 nice creeks. Tom had plans to build a hostel community... kind of like Rusty's Hard Time Hollow... His plans have changed but he would love to see someone else do something similar. This will go fast at $150,000. Let me know if you are interested.

SavageLlama
09-15-2004, 17:11
I can see it now... "Lone Wolf's Hiker Hostel and Shooting Range"

...a haven for those who hike with guns. Free motorcycle parking and discount ammo. :D

Lone Wolf
09-15-2004, 17:19
******* good idea! :D

A-Train
09-15-2004, 18:21
Please say Hi to Tom and Michelle. One of my fondest memories is hangin at their place on a cold rainy day drinking Baileys and hot choclate and looking thru Tom's pictures. They are some great people, sorry to hear the hostel won't happen.

Jersey Bob
09-15-2004, 20:09
at least 10 characters

Simrose
09-15-2004, 20:10
If it were a year and a half from now it would be a done deal. Is he in a rush to sell?

Miss Janet
09-16-2004, 14:58
WOW! I guess a lot of you would like to live near the Appalachian Trail! This really is sweet piece of property. Some of you might remember it from one of the cookouts we have had up there in May the last few years.

ga>me>ak
09-17-2004, 13:09
Miss Janet,
Is this stil available? Very interested. Hey Lone Wolf...can I borrow 150 grand :D I remember one of your posts about lots of money

slingblade
09-19-2004, 11:37
I would like to check it out. How can I get directions/more info? Slingblade

steve hiker
09-19-2004, 16:40
[QUOTE=Miss Janet] It is very private because it is located in the space between the new I26 and the old 19/23. QUOTE]

Do you really want to live between an interstate and a state highway? Ah, nature, the roar of traffic to lull you to sleep at night.

Peaks
09-19-2004, 17:29
[QUOTE=Miss Janet] It is very private because it is located in the space between the new I26 and the old 19/23. QUOTE]

Do you really want to live between an interstate and a state highway? Ah, nature, the roar of traffic to lull you to sleep at night.

You will not hear the traffic if there is a hill between you and the Interstate.

Miss Janet
09-19-2004, 17:49
Oh, HWNN, you are so wrong. This little valley is very deep and you can only occaisionally here anything at all. The cabin has a creek running behind it and you are lulled to sleep by it's happy music. We can't all live in Montana!

SGT Rock
09-19-2004, 19:11
It's a good deal. Someone should get all the land and start a hiker sub division with the number of folks that want to live that close to the trail. My house will be 26.6 miles by trial to the AT.

Brushy Sage
09-19-2004, 19:19
First Sgt, what trail will connect you from your new home to the AT?

SGT Rock
09-20-2004, 05:42
Walk out from my house to Butterfly Hollow Road, up Butterfly Hollow ap to Top of the World Estates. Take the road into the Gold Mine Trail and then to Coper Cane Creek Trail where you head SW to Little Bottoms Trail, then Abrams Falls Trail. Get on the Cades Cove Loop for about 1/2 mile, then Forge Creek Road up to Greory Ridge Trail. That intersects with Gregory Bald Trail which leads you east into the AT at Doe Knob. I plan to try the connection out after my gear arrives and I get the new house unpacked.

Brushy Sage
09-21-2004, 13:49
Miss Janet, think I'll drive up that way over the weekend and see if I can find the parcel. Any clues about landmarks, etc?

Thanks much,

Jack Thomas aka Brushy Sage