PDA

View Full Version : Lafuma Backpacks

jnl82381
01-20-2010, 15:35
I'm still researching what backpack to take with me on my thru this summer...I know, I'm pushing it for time, but I want to get the right one for me.

Does anyone have any experience with a Lafuma backpack? I've read a lot of good reviews on here about their sleepingbags, but nothing on the backpacks.

They have a line that is compairable weight to the ULA Catalist which is what I'm thinking about now. Just curious if anyone has one of their packs and can tell me what they think about it.

Thanks.

Blissful
01-20-2010, 19:45
I don't hear of hikers using them. I can tell you their sleeping bags and their ratings are way off.
Most popular brand packs I've seen are ULA, Osprey, Granite Gear, Go Lite (I had my Gregory jade)

FishBone
01-21-2010, 08:59
I've got an older LaFuma Cruiser 45 that I've enjoyed using for weekend outings. About 3,000 cu.in./45L.; 32 oz./28 w/o the stay. It's got a single (removable) aluminum stay with a HDPE/FOAM framesheet; cordura fabric for the bulk of the pack; very well built. I've added a bottle loop on one shoulder strap and a bungie to the top lid. It fits my 18" torso very well and is comfortable to 22-25 lbs.; can carry more; probably tops out at 30 lbs. Plenty of room for a weekend or an ultralight long-distance hike.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/lafuma/cruiser-45/

If you think it'll work for you, let me know. It's in good shape since I don't use it much. I'd take $50 for it just to clear some room in the gear closet.