PDA

View Full Version : Mac McDaniel

Hikerhead
01-20-2010, 22:43
I received an email tonight about Mac. He's in Hospice care with cancer. I first met Mac at my first Trail Days watching his slide show of his CDT hike. Then he led some hikes that I went one at the Multi Meet that they used to have, at Mt Rogers. Hell of a nice guy. He was a Ranger at Mt Rogers for awhile too. He was pretty active with the trail club around Mt Rogers also I believe. I have contact info if anyone wants to PM me.

Blissful
01-20-2010, 23:31
sorry to hear this...

mmw
02-13-2010, 18:46
I wanted to let folks here know that my father, Mac McDaniel, died on 3 Feb. 2010. He was diagnosed with cancer in Feb. 2007 but after surgery and through some chemo remained quite healthy and active until the last 4-6 weeks of his life, hiking in Ireland in 2008 and participating in regular work hikes until early Dec. 2009. He was a hell of a nice guy, and a good dad, the model for me and my sisters of a life lived fully. A memorial will be held at a future date, outside, near the trail, with music, beer and story-telling. If you want to make a memorial gift, Dad suggested either the ATC (of course) or the Nature Conservancy in Virginia (in Charlottesville).

CrumbSnatcher
02-13-2010, 19:24
I'M very sorry for your loss

Lilred
02-13-2010, 19:40
I am so sorry for your loss, for our loss. May God be with you and your family.

gumball
02-13-2010, 21:05
Our deepest sympathies for the loss of your father and one of our hiker family members.