PDA

View Full Version : Would like to help hikers at Watauga...

Workstay
01-20-2010, 22:46
Hey ya'll, some people might recognize my name from my whimsical GA-the Inn at the Long Trail '09 hike. Mostly went by Ryan, but the inevitable happened, and workstay kinda stuck. I was the guy who juggled fire at Trail days.

Anyways, I am now residing in Boone NC and I want the word to get out that I am here to help. I dont want to turn a profit. I know Bob Peoples is in the same neck of the woods, but I would gladly pick up thru-hikers and shuttle you around Boone/Merlfest etc as the season comes. All I ask is to help me out on gas expenses or whatever you feel is right. I could drop food boxes off or something. I wouldnt mind putting up some grubby hikers for a night. My roommate throughhiked in 2006, i doubt he would mind.

Its my turn to be a trail magician. Vitamin PBR is essential to any through hiker, i tend to keep that flowing. And those are on the house :)

Good luck to ya'll this spring and keep me in mind,
Ryan
ughh ok fine - workstay

Blissful
01-20-2010, 23:28
Good to know, many thanks

Tennessee Viking
01-20-2010, 23:46
Hey ya'll, some people might recognize my name from my whimsical GA-the Inn at the Long Trail '09 hike. Mostly went by Ryan, but the inevitable happened, and workstay kinda stuck. I was the guy who juggled fire at Trail days.

Anyways, I am now residing in Boone NC and I want the word to get out that I am here to help. I dont want to turn a profit. I know Bob Peoples is in the same neck of the woods, but I would gladly pick up thru-hikers and shuttle you around Boone/Merlfest etc as the season comes. All I ask is to help me out on gas expenses or whatever you feel is right. I could drop food boxes off or something. I wouldnt mind putting up some grubby hikers for a night. My roommate throughhiked in 2006, i doubt he would mind.

Its my turn to be a trail magician. Vitamin PBR is essential to any through hiker, i tend to keep that flowing. And those are on the house :)

Ryan
ughh ok fine - workstayRyan
Do you want to be add to the Mountains To Sea Trail support list as well. We need shuttlers for that parkway section.

Workstay
01-21-2010, 11:35
Sure that's fine.

I mean, I dont plan to sit around all day waiting for people, but I have a cell phone now and as long as I'm not fishing I should be able to help.

my email is [email protected]

climber2377
01-21-2010, 11:51
what is the best way to get in contact with you when on the trail? is there a nearby shelter you can post your info in?

climber2377
01-21-2010, 11:53
ps. i try to take many "vitamins" to keep up the spirits, ease the pains, and ingest extra calories!

GrubbyJohn
01-21-2010, 12:00
good to see some one take in the grubby.......

Workstay
01-22-2010, 18:18
I think if im "allowed to" I will go leave a tidbit of information in some cryptic form in the watauga shelter and the one south of watauga - trying to remember where that was? apple orchard? its been a little while.

I still have a CA area code on my phone but its:
510-915-5328

email:
[email protected]

PS how do I change my log in name? my friend gave me latch because i said app-a-lay-chin, and hey always had to yell latch to me cuz he feels in app-a-latch-un. anyways, just wanna change my log-in name

Workstay
01-22-2010, 18:29
I think if im "allowed to" I will go leave a tidbit of information in some cryptic form in the watauga shelter and the one south of watauga - trying to remember where that was? apple orchard? its been a little while.

I still have a CA area code on my phone but its:
510-915-5328

email:
[email protected]

PS how do I change my log in name? my friend gave me latch because i said app-a-lay-chin, and hey always had to yell latch to me cuz he feels in app-a-latch-un. anyways, just wanna change my log-in name

Jack Tarlin
01-22-2010, 18:30
latch:

This is very kind of you. I suggest that at some point you leave your contact info at Kincora (where 95% of hikers stay or pass thru) so they know about you ahead of time and how to get in touch with you. You might want to do the same thing at the Mt. Harbour B&B/Hostel on 19E also, as it gets more popular with hikers every year.

climber2377
01-22-2010, 19:03
got this stored in my phone as vitamin pbr at thank you for your kindness! see you in the spring!

Workstay
01-23-2010, 00:11
I like that - why didnt anyone throw that name at me when i was hiking! I woulda taken it!

Chicken Feathers
01-23-2010, 10:11

Its my turn to be a trail magician. is essential to any through hiker, i tend to keep that flowing. And those are on the house :)

Ryan
ughh ok fine - workstayI guess I am to old to know so what is Vitamin PBR (is that Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer)?:-?

Workstay
01-23-2010, 11:33
Brewed in Milwaukee since 1844! Ya cant be that old ;)

Bearpaw
01-23-2010, 11:53
I guess I am to old to know so what is Vitamin PBR (is that Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer)?:-?

Sure. I've hiked many miles on Vitamin I (Ibuprofren), but they're more fun on Vitamin PBR or any Vitamin FB (Free Beer). :D Didn't you know beer is chocked full of nutrients?