PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone!

el.com
01-27-2010, 16:32
Hey folks,

I just want to thank all of you for your great support here on WB since last year. In May 09 I started this thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50043) in the Thru-Hiker Specific / Q&A's section and got much help from a lot of people here on the board. I had many questions, read a lot of articles and posts and got tons of information about the AT. When I started this thread I never thought I'd be able to plan such a great undertaking and stand it! I was afraid of falling back and forget the whole story, but...

...Well, here I am. My visa is approved, my flight is booked (just need an additional flight from Ft. Myers to Atlanta) and my gear is (almost) complete. Some smaller things have to be cleared up but the biggest part is done. In 43 days I'll be on the plane, heading towards an once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Time to walk the talk :)

Thanks to everyone. You guys are awesome! Hope to see you in the forest!

Greetings,
Ben

emerald
01-27-2010, 16:51
I just want to thank all of you for your great support here on WB since last year.

You're :welcome

In 43 days I'll be on the plane, heading towards an once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Time to walk the talk.:)

You've got that right! See you in Pennsylvania where I'm expecting to hear about your A.T. Journey over several beers.

Jack Tarlin
01-27-2010, 17:28
Have a great hike!!

Grampie
01-27-2010, 17:34
Happy trails to you.:sun

Jester2000
01-27-2010, 17:41
Viel Gluck! See you in Harpers Ferry!

LIhikers
01-28-2010, 13:51
I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you.
Happy Hiking!

el.com
03-10-2010, 16:33
Okay, everything is ready. Tomorrow I will fly to Ft. Myers, on Friday I will reach Atlanta.
I'm so excited!
Thanks again for your help. Almost one year of planning, and now the time has come. Let's rock the Appalachian Trail! :sun

Blissful
03-10-2010, 16:35
Have a great time. Adventure of a lifetime.

WILLIAM HAYES
03-10-2010, 21:41
good luck see you down the trail

emerald
03-10-2010, 22:00
Don't be in any hurry and don't worry about your progress at first so long as it's steady. Try to hold on to your cash. It's still a bit early for my taste, but conditions will improve.

Hiking day after day will involve an adjustment. Stick with it! You will be very satisfied, but both glad and sad when your A.T. journey ends at a place which could be no more perfect for the occasion in Maine.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you in Pennsylvania, where you can expect everything I am able to do to make your visit as enjoyable as possible.

Tinker
03-11-2010, 00:48
Glad to help! (I DID post something didn't I)????