PDA

View Full Version : Rusty's

Lone Wolf
09-18-2004, 17:18
Rusty's Hard Time Hollow is closed. Again. More info on Wingfoot's site. He re-found the Lord or the Lord re-found him. He will serve the Lord but no more hikers.

Brushy Sage
09-18-2004, 20:11
A pity. Hikers are a fairly representative cross section of the citizenry -- no more, no less.

magic_game03
09-18-2004, 22:53
lone wolf, picking on rusty again?

If Rusty’s is closed it just means some hiker made an ass of him/her self and rusty is a little itchy to get rid of the crowd. Else, if you play your cards right rusty aint going to refuse you. The dude is older than Abraham and has no other source of income, turning off that trickle but constant flow of cash will break him. He still has to pay land taxes, up-keep his truck at least (lots of snow in the BRP and rides to town), and propane is his primary energy source. Doesn’t take a lot of brains to put 1 + 1 together. If you think otherwise just tell me where he is going to get the money to survive during the winter.

LW, why you always so hard on rusty :bse

...in fact you speak of him often, I wanna hear a story. common, what happened? did you get expelled from the property? what's your story mister ga>me'05. :D

ps. you quoting wingy? you giving props to wingnut? i'm shaking my head at that. the best way to get rid of him is to ignore him. and here you are going after rusty using wingy; what's next, going after mis J. using the words of U.J.? :-?

Lone Wolf
09-18-2004, 23:40
You're drunk. Go to bed and shaddup!.

hustler
09-20-2004, 01:11
I don't believe it. He has taken in so many hikers over the years that I highly doubt that he just up and closed. Rusty was great to us, but we were also the first thru hikers he had this year. Maybe he's just burnt out. I hope this isn't true because his place is part of the overall trail experence.

Jack Lincoln
09-21-2004, 00:20