PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storm coming

Six-Six
01-28-2010, 15:57
I sure would like to hike after a snow, but getting to the trail prevents me from even trying. I am so frustrated and so in need of a hike. Just venting a little I guess. I know it will be beautiful on the trail come Sunday, after the Saturday snowfall. Just humor me.

JustaTouron
01-28-2010, 16:11
Just humor me.

Two men walk in to a bar. The third man ducks.

Why do chicken coops have two doors? If they had four doors they would be chicken sudans.

How many flees does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only two, the tough part is getting them into the lightbulb.

Deadeye
01-28-2010, 16:14
Horse walks into a bar.
Bartender says "Why the long face?"

Old Hiker
01-28-2010, 16:40
So far today, God, I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, haven't lost my temper, haven't been greedy, or grumpy, nasty or self-centered. I am really glad about that. Thank you.

But, in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of my tent and then I am going to need a lot of help.

Old Hiker
01-28-2010, 16:42
A woman had some problems, so she went to her doctor of twenty years. They had the following conversation:

Dr.: Take the red pill after breakfast with one glass of water.
Woman: Ok.

Dr: Take the blue pill after lunch with two glasses of water.
Woman: Ok.

Dr.: Take the yellow pill after dinner with three glasses of water.

After giving these instructions to the woman, she asks, "Can you tell me what's wrong with me Dr.?

Dr.: Yeah. You do not drink enough water.

http://www.coopsjokes.com/gifs/redline.gif

So, it seems that two nuns were traveling through Europe in a rented car. They get to Transylvania and are stopped at a traffic light. Suddenly, a diminutive Dracula jumps onto the hood of the car and scratches at the windshield, hissing his ugliness!

"Quick, quick!!" shouts the first nun driving, "What shall I do?" "Turn the windshield wipers on, that will get rid of the abomination," shouts the passenger.

She switches them on, knocking Dracula about, but he clings on and hisses even more loudly!

"What shall I do now?" shouts the first driver.

"Switch on the windshield washer. I filled it up with Holy Water in the Vatican before we left there earlier!" says the passenger.

Dracula steams as the water burns his skin, but he clings on and hisses again at the nuns.

"Now what?" screams the first driver, exasperated and terrified at this point.

"Show him your cross!" says the second.

So the driver rolls down the window and shouts: "GET OFF MY ****ING HOOD, YOU MONSTER!!"

One day, after a near eternity in the Garden of Eden, Adam calls out to God, "Lord, I have a problem."

"What's the problem, Adam?", God replies.

"Lord, I know you created me and have provided for me and surrounded me with this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, but I'm just not happy"

"Why is that, Adam?", comes the reply from the heavens.

"Lord, I know you created this place for me, with all this lovely food and all of the beautiful animals, but I am lonely."

"Well Adam, in that case I have the perfect solution. I shall create a 'woman' for you."

"What's a 'woman', Lord?"

"This 'woman' will be the most intelligent, sensitive, caring, and beautiful creature I have ever created. She will be so intelligent that she can figure out what you want before you want it. She will be so sensitive and caring that she will know your every mood and how to make you happy. Her beauty will rival that of the heavens and earth. She will unquestioningly care for your every need and desire. She will be the perfect companion for you.", replies the heavenly voice.

"Sounds great."

"She will be, but this is going to cost you, Adam."

"How much will this 'woman' cost me Lord?", Adam replies.

"She'll cost you your right arm, your right leg, an eye, an ear, and your left testicle."

Adam ponders this for some time, with a look of deep thought and concern on his face. Finally Adam says to God, "Ehhh, what can I get for a rib?"

The rest, as they say, is history.

A principal of a small middle school had a problem with a few of the older girls starting to use lipstick. After applying lipstick in the bathroom they would then press their lips to the mirror and leave lip prints [puportedly practicing the perfect pucker].

Before it got out of hand he thought of a way to stop it. He gathered all the girls together who wore lipstick and told them he wanted to meet with them in the ladies room at 2pm. They gathered at 2pm and found the principal and the school custodian waiting for them.

The principal explained that it was becoming a problem for the custodian to clean the mirror every night. He said he felt the ladies did not fully understand just how much of a problem it was to remove the waxey lipstick, and he wanted them to witness just how hard it was to clean. The custodian then demonstrated...

He took a long brush on a handle out of a box. He then dipped the brush in the nearest toilet, moved to the mirror and proceeded to remove the lipstick.

That was the last day the girls pressed their lips on the mirror.

Pokey2006
01-28-2010, 17:10
He he, I guess be careful what you ask for here on Whiteblaze!

Some of us are crazy enough to brave this snowstorm and not only hike in it, but camp in it, too! I don't recommend it for those not officially classified as insane, however.

Raul Perez
01-28-2010, 17:51
Little Johnny was sitting in class doing math problems when his teacher picked him to answer a question. "Johnny, if there were five birds sitting on a fence and you shot one with your gun, how many would be left ?"
"None.",replied Johnny. "'cause the rest would fly away."
"Well, the answer is four," said the teacher. "But I like the way you are thinking."
Little Johnny said, "I have a question for you now. If there were three women eating ice cream cones in a shop, one licking her cone, the second biting her cone, and the third one sucking her cone, which one is married?"
"Well," said the teacher nervously, "I guess the one sucking the cone?"
"No," said Little Johnny, "the one with the wedding ring on her finger. But I like the way you are thinking."

gunner76
01-28-2010, 18:11
REDNECK ODE TO HIS VALENTINE
Kudzu is green, my dog's name is Blue
And I'm so lucky to have a sweet thang like you.
Yore hair is like cornsilk A-flapping in the breeze.
Softer than Blue's And without all them fleas.
You move like the bass, Which excite me in May.
You ain't got no scales But I luv you anyway.
You're as graceful as okry Jist a-dancin' in the pan.
Yo're as fragrant as SunDrop Right out of the can.
You have all yore teeth, For which I am proud;
I hold my head high When we're in a crowd.
On special occasions, When you shave yore armpits,
Well, I'm in hawg heaven, I'm plumb outta my wits.
And speakin' of wits, You've got plenty fer shore.
'Cuz you married me Back in '74.
Still them fellers at work They all want to know,
What I did to deserve Such a purty, young doe.
Like a good roll of duct tape Yo're there fer yore man,
To patch up life's troubles And stick 'em in the can.
Yo're as strong as a four-wheeler Racin' through the mud,
Yet fragile as that sanger Named Naomi Judd.
Yo're as cute as a junebug A-buzzin' overhead.
You ain't mean like no far ant Upon which I oft' tread.
Cut from the best pattern Like a flannel shirt of plaid,
You sparked up my life Like a Rattletrap shad.
When you hold me real tight Like a padded gunrack,
My life is complete; Ain't nuttin' I lack.
Yore complexion, it's perfection, Like the best vinyl sidin'.
Despite all the years, Yore age, it keeps hidin'.
And when you get old Like a '57 Chevy,
Won't put you on blocks And let grass grow up heavy.
Me 'n' you's like a Moon Pie With a RC cold drank,
We go together Like a skunk goes with stank.
Some men, they buy chocolate For Valentine's Day; They git it at Wal-Mart,
It's romantic that way.
Some men git roses On that special day From the cooler at Kroger.
"That's impressive," I say.
Some men buy fine diamonds From a flea market booth.
"Diamonds are forever," They explain, suave and couth.
But for this man, honey, These will not do.
For you are too special, You sweet thang you.
I got you a gift, Without taste nor odor,
Better than diamonds it's a new ridin' mower.

Chaco Taco
01-28-2010, 18:47
I have heard 6-10 and as much as a foot
http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USNC0022?phenomena=WS&significance=W&areaid=NCZ053&office=KGSP&etn=0004

JustaTouron
01-28-2010, 18:54
I have heard 6-10 and as much as a foot
http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USNC0022?phenomena=WS&significance=W&areaid=NCZ053&office=KGSP&etn=0004

A joke my wife got via email from one of her girlfriends....

"Why is a man like a snowstorm?"

"You never know how many inches you are going to get or how long its going to last."

Chaco Taco
01-28-2010, 19:03

"You never know how many inches you are going to get or how long its going to last."

Nice:D:D:D:D

Gramps
01-28-2010, 20:47
John & Mary, having been married for several years, decided to attend a marriage retreat one weekend to help keep their marriage fresh. During one session, the leader told the couples they needed to know all they could about their spouse. "For example, guys, do you know what your wife's favorite flower is?" John smiled, leaned over to Mary, and whispered, "Gold Medal All-Purpose, right?" Thus began John's life of celibacy.

A mother was driving her mini-van with her 2 children, ages 5 & 7, to the store one day when she was passed by a convertible with the top down. As the ragtop passed, a woman in the passenger seat stood up and waved, wearing nothing but a smile. The mini-van mom was mortified when suddenly her 7-year-old son called out, "Mommy, that lady isn't wearing her seatbelt!"

Mom and Dad were getting ready one evening for a formal dinner party. Their 5-year-old daughter watched her father tying his bowtie on his tux when she commented, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit tonight." "Why not, sweetie?" he asked. "Because it always gives you a headache the next morning!" she replied.

In all seriousness, anyone on the trails this weekend please exercise extra caution. Stay safe, stay dry and stay warm.

Tennessee Viking
01-28-2010, 20:53
I sure would like to hike after a snow, but getting to the trail prevents me from even trying. I am so frustrated and so in need of a hike. Just venting a little I guess. I know it will be beautiful on the trail come Sunday, after the Saturday snowfall. Just humor me.
Hey Z

You might want to keep an eye on the weather, WRAL is reporting 12 inches of accumulated snow this weekend in Raleigh. Over a foot to 18 inches in the mountains.

Just over here in Raleigh. Lots of times I am just up the road from you in Trinity.

If you want a good hike. The Uwharrie Trail and Birkhead Wilderness is just down below Asheboro. Then there are lots of trails at Eno, Umstead, and Falls Lake. Hanging Rock and Pilot Mtn are my favs.

Lots of MST opportunities on the Piedmont.

Chaco Taco
01-28-2010, 21:26
Asheville and Greenville and National weather Service are saying 5-8 inches maybe 6-10 in some areas. 18 inches in the higher elevations! My hike could be interesting on Tuesday and Wednesday

Cookerhiker
01-28-2010, 22:04
Looks worse west of the mts across the middle of Tennessee into AR, MO, and OK - ice & freezing rain more likely than snow. More power outages - get out the camp stoves to brew your coffee (white gas only, of course:D).

hikingshoes
01-28-2010, 22:12
:DThats a good one!!!!!I like it.HS

Chaco Taco
01-28-2010, 22:16
Looks worse west of the mts across the middle of Tennessee into AR, MO, and OK - ice & freezing rain more likely than snow. More power outages - get out the camp stoves to brew your coffee (white gas only, of course:D).

Yea supposed to be sleet mixed in here so its going to be a mess.

DAJA
01-28-2010, 22:20
Sounds like a great opportunity to slap on the snowshoes, and a pack and enjoy some time outdoors! I'm jealous... We currently have less than an inch of snow on the ground when we should have 3-6 feet.. It just started snowing here but they expect less than 4 inches.. Saddly not even enough to bother with snowshoes...

Normally this time of year I can count on ditching some weight in the pack by ditching a tent and using a snow cave.. And with temps well below freezing a tarp or hammock just isn't easy..

Ahhh well, carrying the tent keeps me in prime shape for spring!

Enjoy your snow!

Chaco Taco
01-28-2010, 22:31
Yea im plannin on hiking between Hot Springs and Sams Gap on Tuesday Wednesday. Just as long as the roads are ok, Im still planning on going. I am hoping it wont be that bad.

Frosty
01-29-2010, 01:36
Horse walks into a bar.
Bartender says "Why the long face?"A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Gimme a beer and a mop."

A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. Bartender says, "What is this? Some kinda joke?"

A dyslexic walks into a bra...

daddytwosticks
01-29-2010, 08:29
A two-tract thread....has anyone noticed the more hoopala (sic) about an approaching storm, the less severe it turns out? I hope this is true. Be careful out there. :)

Chif
01-29-2010, 10:02
What's the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

Snow Balls

JustaTouron
01-29-2010, 10:12
When I was in college and working at a grocery store I concluded that "French Toast" must be the official food for surviving a snow storm. There was always run on bread, milk and eggs.

It is also the three food items my wife MUST run out and get before every storm -- despite the fact we rarely if ever eat eggs. We can not have eggs in the fridge for a week or two with no problem, but if a storm is approaching my wife buys a dozen.

gunner76
01-29-2010, 10:28
When I lived in Banner Elk NC in the 70's we found the best hiking and camping during the winter was just after the snow storms.

Six-Six
01-29-2010, 10:40
Well, two things came out of this thread - I learned a lot of good jokes I can use at the office and on the trail - and I picked up a couple of extra weather website addresses. And a third: be careful how you word things on a forum. Anyway, like daddy said, we got a two-track thread going.

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 11:01
When I lived in Banner Elk NC in the 70's we found the best hiking and camping during the winter was just after the snow storms.

1995, I was in School at Lees MacRae and we got 3 feet. Great snowboarding weather

wudhipy
01-29-2010, 11:18
On day in the old west a three legged dog walks into a bar, pulls up a stool, and says to the barkeep..."I'm lookin' for the man that shot my Paw"

:eek:

10-K
01-29-2010, 11:29
Yea im plannin on hiking between Hot Springs and Sams Gap on Tuesday Wednesday. Just as long as the roads are ok, Im still planning on going. I am hoping it wont be that bad.

May I suggest NOT taking the bad weather route just north of Little Laurel shelter.... the ridge is likely to be easier hike over than postholing down the bad weather route.

Ox97GaMe
01-29-2010, 11:53
Im headed into the park on Sunday if the roads are cleared. I may have to walk in from Townsend. Have snowshoes, will travel. There are NOBO thru hikers already hitting the Smokies. Im sure they will appreciate someone laying down some tracks for them to follow. :)

DrRichardCranium
01-29-2010, 12:02
What's the difference between Beer Nuts and Deer Nuts?

Beer Nuts are $1.29, and Deer Nuts are under a buck.

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 12:36
Hey can you guys take it over to the humor thread? Not tryin to be an a**hole but..........

SawnieRobertson
01-29-2010, 15:35

Not to worry. We have it on good authority that you will be able to posthole in your own neighborhood soon. :rolleyes:--Kinnickinic

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 16:21
My plan is still on to hike on Tuesday. The forecast os looking good and ill have to deal with alot of snow. I think Ill be fine!

Just started to snow here so we will see. Ground is already covered:confused:

Johnny Thunder
01-29-2010, 16:52
It's going to be the same thing as last time. I mean, the exact same thing. Starts snowing just after noon on Friday...until Saturday. And then when I call on Monday to check if you're still going you'll laugh.

Egads
01-29-2010, 17:32
How are the driving conditions on 441 today?

Six-Six
01-29-2010, 17:35
Not to worry. We have it on good authority that you will be able to posthole in your own neighborhood soon. :rolleyes:--Kinnickinic

I think you have hit it. Now our forecast is calling for 5 inches tonight and up to 12 more tomorrow. I think I will be hiking at home this weekend - in the snow!

TD55
01-29-2010, 17:50
For some reason I remember every snowstorm hike I've ever had, in vivid detail. All pleasant memories, even though at the time it may not have seemed so pleasant.

LIhikers
01-29-2010, 18:26
I'm jealous, no snow in the forecast here on Long Island, NY. Just gonna get cold the next couple of days.

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 19:22
It's going to be the same thing as last time. I mean, the exact same thing. Starts snowing just after noon on Friday...until Saturday. And then when I call on Monday to check if you're still going you'll laugh.
Nah Im pretty prepared and looking at hopefully going. Just going to do the route you suggested so that I have a bail out for Tuesday if I need to get out. I think it will be beautiful, especially over that section. Some good views up there as you come out of Sams. There is a small campspot about .5 outta Sams I may hike to Monday night. All depends on the roads up on the mountain right now. Im sure there will be alot of snow but I have some Yaktrak Pros that handle good in snow especially on the uphills.

johnnybgood
01-29-2010, 20:02
Should be a enough snow here ,forcast is 9"-12" to try out snowshoes in the park come Sunday.

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 20:44
we are snow omens this year. We got the PreXmas storm, then we flew to Boston and a day later a storm blew in and dumped 14 inches. Now we have another storm dumping in Asheville. I havent ever seen this much snow in my life. Its pretty amazing how this stuff can pile up and how quickly!!!

Chaco Taco
01-29-2010, 20:46
Also love how the Weather geeks have named this "The Triple Threat" It will have covered 2000 miles and 15 states. The Xmas one was called The winter Wallop. The New ENgland storm was just called snow. Funny how the south freaks out about this kind of thing but i will say, it is a wet slushy, slippery snow. Drove in it earlier and its pretty bad even with snow tires

Egads
01-29-2010, 22:32
How are the driving conditions on 441 today?

As Chaco said, this is slick slushy stuff. Made it to the Franklin Inn. Too slick to continue in the dark

Slo-go'en
01-29-2010, 23:01
How come you guys down south are getting all the snow? Last storm we got 2" of rain! Today it was just wicked cold and windy and I had to ride my bike 10 miles to go get my car from the repair shop. Remind me never to do that again, even though I was dressed with my artic hiking gear! Right now its 2 degrees with clear skies and a bright moon. Gonna be cold in the early morning!

gravy4601
01-29-2010, 23:09
slo-go'en remember not to ride your bike in the cold and wind to get your car from the repair shop again

Hoop
01-29-2010, 23:46
He asked for it.

RGB
01-30-2010, 06:07
I live in Boone, NC. We're currently covered. God, I need a hike! The Parkway is the best-maintained road that leads to trails around here (as far as I know) and it's been under about 2in of ice for over a month.

modiyooch
01-30-2010, 08:35
How come you guys down south are getting all the snow? !
Because I moved to the South to get away from winter. Should be 15 degrees tomorrow am and then 9 degrees the following. It's icy conditions. Not going to be good. BTW it was 60 degrees on Thurs.

DAJA
01-30-2010, 11:02
Currently it's -11.2 F with windchill outside with about an inch of snow on the ground.. The temp is about right for this time of year, but only having an inch of snow on the ground is very unusual for this time of year.. Things are undoubtably changing and I can personally feel and see it..

Regardless, I enjoyed a 3 hour stroll in the back 40 this morning marking tree's to either cut or relocate... Just miss the snowshoes... Feels very strange walking on frozen ground when my entire life has been spent walking on feet of snow this time of year..

Weird times...

SawnieRobertson
01-30-2010, 11:19
VA 670, South Fork of the Holston River bridge (in other words, TEAS ROAD) here: I haven't heard a snow plow yet. I'd say we are below 6" at this time, but we are working on doing better. When I cannot tell where the edge of my front porch is, then we will be at about 18" as warned. I'll let you know. Anyhow, I suspect that there is going to be plenty water along the trail for some time now, and, if you don't have to crawl over, under, and through downfalls when you get in this region, send thanks to PATH and the Mount Rogers trail maintenance volunteers. Whatcha wanna bet that the NetFlix dvd promised for delivery today doesn't arrive because no one, not even the postman, is prepared to come to my rural mailbox today? But as long as Appalachian Power (which gave my Weeping Willow a burr haircut Thursday afternoon in anticipation of this storm) manages to avoid an outage in this area, I will be a happy, warm camper. Keeping the wood stove burning . . . . Kinnickinic.

gunner76
01-30-2010, 11:50
All we are getting on the North Carolina coast is rain, bummer

Jeff
01-30-2010, 11:59
Also love how the Weather geeks have named this "The Triple Threat" It will have covered 2000 miles and 15 states. The Xmas one was called The winter Wallop. The New ENgland storm was just called snow. Funny how the south freaks out about this kind of thing but i will say, it is a wet slushy, slippery snow. Drove in it earlier and its pretty bad even with snow tires

You all have snow tires in North Carolina??:)

Egads
01-30-2010, 15:02
Plenty of abandoned cars on the side of the roads this morning. 441 was closed at Smokemont this morning. Drove over to Wayah Gap and found the FS road to the bald closed. Grrrr:(

Nothing but wet slush in western NC lowlands. Had 6-8" at Wayah Gap with a hard crust on it. This ain't hiking snow.

Passed icy trees and NOBO convoys of utility crews

Chaco Taco
01-30-2010, 15:07
You all have snow tires in North Carolina??:)

Wak got them when she was living in NH

Chaco Taco
01-30-2010, 15:07
Plenty of abandoned cars on the side of the roads this morning. 441 was closed at Smokemont this morning. Drove over to Wayah Gap and found the FS road to the bald closed. Grrrr:(

Nothing but wet slush in western NC lowlands. Had 6-8" at Wayah Gap with a hard crust on it. This ain't hiking snow.

Passed icy trees and NOBO convoys of utility crews

Im still hiking on Tuesday

johnnybgood
01-30-2010, 16:38
10" on my deck and still snowing keenly.

I love hiking in snow . If I only lived near the AT so as to strap on some 'shoes and hit the trails.

solace
01-30-2010, 18:12
did anyone get out in it!?! what did the smokies and/ or erwin take in???

spthibault
01-30-2010, 18:19
Wanna Hear a Clean Joke?
Woman Take a Bath with Bubbles....
Wanna Hear a Dirty Joke?
Bubbles is a Clown...

spthibault
01-30-2010, 18:20
I will find out in the Morning I work in Erwin, I'll be there off Exit 46 at the new welcome center guarding the Snow... lol

Tinker
01-30-2010, 18:24
Two men walk in to a bar. The third man ducks.

Why do chicken coops have two doors? If they had four doors they would be chicken sudans.

How many flees does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Only two, the tough part is getting them into the lightbulb.

1) Sedan (Sudan is a country)

2) Fleas (flee means to run away).

Otherwise, quite funny.:)

Grits
01-30-2010, 18:28
Camped out last night and then did 10 miles along the Mountains to Sea Trail along the parkway outside of Blowing Rock today. Temps ranged from 18 this morning to a high of 23 this afternoon. The snow here is a good powder and lots of cross country skiers out today.

Tinker
01-30-2010, 18:32
This early season weather kinda makes you wonder why folks want to start at Springer on Jan 1. I hope they are all ok.

JustaTouron
01-30-2010, 18:33
1) Sedan (Sudan is a country)

2) Fleas (flee means to run away).

Otherwise, quite funny.:)

Jeez. Next time I will make sure to proofread my jokes. If wanted someone to be that critical of me, I wouldn't be on hiding on the computer, I would be downstairs with my wife. :)

Egads
01-30-2010, 20:39
If wanted someone to be that critical of me, I wouldn't be on hiding on the computer, I would be downstairs with my wife. :)

Well, having a wife eliminates the speculation that JustaTouron is Jack Tarlin

Erin
01-30-2010, 20:45
We got seven inches here. Two friends and I went out today and hiked locally. We had to break the trail snow and that was really hard. We were worn out. The snow was deeper in the valley. But saw deer and an owl and alot of animal prints. It was beautiful. Wished I had taken my camera. It sure made me appreciate how hard it must be to backpack in snow and realize that I need to get into way better shape.

unclemjm
01-30-2010, 23:24
If wanted someone to be that critical of me, I wouldn't be on hiding on the computer, I would be downstairs with my wife. :)

Now that's funny. :)

Highpointbound
01-30-2010, 23:49
Hey can you guys take it over to the humor thread? Not tryin to be an a**hole but..........

But, you pulled it off anyway! :banana

Gramps
01-31-2010, 12:36
VA 670, South Fork of the Holston River bridge (in other words, TEAS ROAD) here: I haven't heard a snow plow yet. I'd say we are below 6" at this time, but we are working on doing better. When I cannot tell where the edge of my front porch is, then we will be at about 18" as warned. I'll let you know. Anyhow, I suspect that there is going to be plenty water along the trail for some time now, and, if you don't have to crawl over, under, and through downfalls when you get in this region, send thanks to PATH and the Mount Rogers trail maintenance volunteers. Whatcha wanna bet that the NetFlix dvd promised for delivery today doesn't arrive because no one, not even the postman, is prepared to come to my rural mailbox today? But as long as Appalachian Power (which gave my Weeping Willow a burr haircut Thursday afternoon in anticipation of this storm) manages to avoid an outage in this area, I will be a happy, warm camper. Keeping the wood stove burning . . . . Kinnickinic.

I would say if the mailman can get through, they will at least try. I deliver about 720 boxes and only missed about 10% yesterday. We have about 1-2" of a mix of frozen ice and very wet snow which packed down hard, and then more snow on top. It made for very treacherous travel. And with temps remaining around freezing today, very little melting will occur, so tomorrow won't be much better. Even the interstate is bad.

modiyooch
01-31-2010, 12:40
I would say if the mailman can get through, they will at least try. I deliver about 720 boxes and only missed about 10% yesterday. We have about 1-2" of a mix of frozen ice and very wet snow which packed down hard, and then more snow on top. It made for very treacherous travel. And with temps remaining around freezing today, very little melting will occur, so tomorrow won't be much better. Even the interstate is bad.We got mail yesterday. I was both impressed and grateful. thanks

Hatfield
01-31-2010, 16:50
Z MAN the taper?

Tinker
01-31-2010, 17:27
Jeez. Next time I will make sure to proofread my jokes. If wanted someone to be that critical of me, I wouldn't be on hiding on the computer, I would be downstairs with my wife. :)

But it's constructive criticizm! :);)
Btw: I live on one floor with my wife - I can relate.

Tinker
01-31-2010, 17:29
But it's constructive criticizm! :);)
Btw: I live on one floor with my wife - I can relate.
Btw: That's supposed to be criticiSm - Bad on ME! :o

Chaco Taco
01-31-2010, 18:48
[/B]

But, you pulled it off anyway! :banana

Sup Homer:D

Chaco Taco
01-31-2010, 18:49
Camped out last night and then did 10 miles along the Mountains to Sea Trail along the parkway outside of Blowing Rock today. Temps ranged from 18 this morning to a high of 23 this afternoon. The snow here is a good powder and lots of cross country skiers out today.

Nice pics. Im going up on the trail tommorow night thru wednesday

Frosty
02-02-2010, 16:21

Just trying to do what the original poster asked us to do:

Just humor me.

JustaTouron
02-02-2010, 16:45

And noone knows more about winter storms than frosty. After all he is world famous snowman. Even has his own cartoon and song.

Chaco Taco
02-02-2010, 17:10

oh so you guys are trying to be funny? Ha ok.......