PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...

Hammock Hanger
09-19-2004, 09:51
I have just gotten home from the trail. I summited on 9/11, a Class 1 day. It had been my intent to stay in Maine and attend the "WB Get Together" as well as do some trail magic. Unfortunately a death in the family called me home the day after the summit. -- Hope everyone had an excellent time. -- Maybe I'll get to the Gathering an see some of you there. -- Now I have months of forum reading to catch up on, NOT! Way too much. I'll just start from today.

Sue/Hammock Hanger

Big Oak
09-19-2004, 10:08
Contratulations. Were the fall leaves turning in Maine?

Hammock Hanger
09-19-2004, 10:13
Contratulations. Were the fall leaves turning in Maine?
There were a few trees here and there that had turned but most of the foliage was still pretty green. HH

Kerosene
09-19-2004, 11:06
So this represents the official conclusion to your multi-year "thru hike", correct? Congratulations on finally capping this off after all your trials. I hope to summit Katahdin on my last section in 2013 if all goes well.

Hammock Hanger
09-19-2004, 12:38
So this represents the official conclusion to your multi-year "thru hike", correct? Congratulations on finally capping this off after all your trials. I hope to summit Katahdin on my last section in 2013 if all goes well.
That's correct. My adventure began as a thru-hike in 2001. It continued as a section hike in 2002 and 2004. I met so many wonderful people. I had some pain and some trying times but mostly I had adventures that have filled my photo album and my memory banks.

There were a few times I thought I wouldn't make it, thought I would quit, but I always returned to do what I know my heart and feet wanted to do.

I finished on a clear and beautiful day with lots of cheers from the Class of 2004. It was a fitting end to my AT adventure.

Possibly by 2013 so many hikers will have made that journey that the rocks and the mountain will have leveled out! :bse Sue/Hammock Hanger

Hikerhead
09-19-2004, 13:08
You are the prime example of the phrase Never Give Up. Welcome back HH.

rocket04
09-19-2004, 16:42
Congrats and good to hear you had a good day on the summit!

sloetoe
09-20-2004, 13:43
Yo! I will relay your success to the Young HikerMen, and we will give you a cheer. (And Mayyyybeeeeee see you at the Gathering, if you make it.[!])

Congrats, 2000 Miler!
(Incidentally, Sept. 11 is my Summit Day anniversary, too!)

Jaybird
09-20-2004, 14:21
I have just gotten home from the trail. I summited on 9/11, a Class 1 day........................etc............Sue/Hammock Hanger

CONGRATS HH!
i only have 15 more years to summit! hehehehehe :D

MOWGLI
09-20-2004, 15:29
I have just gotten home from the trail. I summited on 9/11, a Class 1 day. It had been my intent to stay in Maine and attend the "WB Get Together" as well as do some trail magic. Unfortunately a death in the family called me home the day after the summit. -- Hope everyone had an excellent time. -- Maybe I'll get to the Gathering an see some of you there. -- Now I have months of forum reading to catch up on, NOT! Way too much. I'll just start from today.

Sue/Hammock Hanger

Welcome home Sue! Congrats on completing the trail. Please share some Maine Woods stories with us when you get a chance.

I hope that the homefront weathered the storms OK while you were gone. I plan to be at the Gathering. I hope to see ya there!

Jeffrey Hunter aka Little Bear