PDA

View Full Version : Montrail hard rocks

Bumpa
02-02-2010, 22:49
Anyone know of anyone still selling Montrail mid hardrocks?

Cool AT Breeze
02-03-2010, 16:36
What size? We have a few. we dont have our spring shipments in yet. I dont know what's comming.

Summit
02-03-2010, 16:40
I wasn't particularly impressed with the pair I bought a year ago. I understand the older models (pre-Columbia buy-out) were much better.

tenbeer
02-03-2010, 16:45
I bought a pair of 08's, the tread fell off after minimal use. My outfitter in Blacksburg sent them back for repair or relacement on Dec 27th, I still have received word of the repair or replacement. Blue Ridge Mountain Sports is the outfitter.

Bumpa
02-04-2010, 00:08
What size? We have a few. we dont have our spring shipments in yet. I dont know what's comming.

I wear a size thirteen in the mid high shoe. I have had good luck with them but can't seem to find anyone in Canada that is still selling them...they seem to have vanished. When is the Spring shipment arriving as I'll be in your area in Mid May

sbennett
02-04-2010, 00:34
Montrail isn't making the Hardrock in 2010 so get what's leftover while you can. They've been replaced with a couple other shoes such as the "AT Plus" or the "Sabino Trail."

Check out the website:

www.montrail.com

Jester2000
02-04-2010, 01:56
I wasn't particularly impressed with the pair I bought a year ago. I understand the older models (pre-Columbia buy-out) were much better.

Rather than rehash, here's my quote from an older thread:

As I've noted before, people who think of the "good" version of the Hardrock as pre-Columbia (suggesting that it was Columbia that made the shoe bad) should note that the Hardrock was introduced in 2005 and Columbia bought Hardrock in January 2006.

The redesign, then, is not "pre-Columbia," but rather "pre-2009."

Montrail isn't making the Hardrock in 2010 so get what's leftover while you can. They've been replaced with a couple other shoes such as the "AT Plus" or the "Sabino Trail."

Check out the website:

www.montrail.com

The AT Plus is built on the old Hardrock last, and is probably what people had in mind when they had heard that Montrail was putting out a "Classic" version of the Hardrock. Saw the shoe last year and again today at EORA conventions. Looks pretty good to me.

Bumpa
02-04-2010, 10:15
Rather than rehash, here's my quote from an older thread:

The AT Plus is built on the old Hardrock last, and is probably what people had in mind when they had heard that Montrail was putting out a "Classic" version of the Hardrock. Saw the shoe last year and again today at EORA conventions. Looks pretty good to me.

Thanks people...I'll have a look at the AT Plus on their web site

Old Grouse
02-04-2010, 11:11
Anyone know of anyone still selling Montrail mid hardrocks?

Looks like Campmor still has the mid-height Hardrocks if you want them.

Grinder
02-04-2010, 12:21
My experience, FWIW regarding low top Hardrocks. I can't speak from experience about the mids.

Two years ago I bought Hardrocks on clearance at Sierra Trading Post. They must have been 2007'sThey had the normal "too small" sizing. I allowed 1/2 size and they were tight, but wearable. Loved the Heel.

Last year, On White Blaze, I read about lots of problems with early wear out. These must have been the current year brand (2008) as the pictures of the bad ones differed from mine in color, but not in overall look and my shoes held up just fine.

This year, I purchased a pair, slightly used, from someone on this forum. The shoe looks nothing like the older Hardrocks, having a "rolled heel" and many design changes, but they fit fine in one full size up from my normal. The reports last year said the 2009 model had fixed the problems. I find this to be true.

Bumpa
02-04-2010, 12:35
Mine are the 2007 year....the ones on Campmor look quite different from mine....think I'll take a look at the new AT's as Mountain Equipment Cop-Op is bringing them in the Spring....nice to see fellow seniors responding