PDA

View Full Version : Western Mountaineering Caribou stuff sack

LimpsAlong
02-03-2010, 06:03
I just bought a WM Caribou (woo-hoo) and inside the large storage sack were 2 stuff sacks, one XXS and one XS. Was this a mistake or do I have the option of compressing the bag into the XXS sack? And if so, if I have the pack space should I use the larger XS sack?

Roland
02-03-2010, 07:08
My Caribou came with an XXS stuff sac.

Using the larger sac certainly will not hurt. The less you compress the down, the better.

LimpsAlong
02-03-2010, 07:41
That was my thought just needed more input.
Thanks Roland.

Seeker
02-03-2010, 08:41
probably a mistake, or maybe i didn't get as lucky as you... only one came with mine. i'm pretty sure it was an XXS... either way, i don't use it... just don't have a need to squish my bag down that small, as i pack pretty light most times. i use a homemade stuff sack with some fleece on it that doubles as a pillowcase.

daddytwosticks
02-03-2010, 08:41
I use a larger sil-nylon stuff sac for my Caribou. Good luck trying to stuff it into the WM-provided stuff sac. My long Caribou got about half-way inside when it started to scream...guess Caribou's are claustrophobic! :)

LimpsAlong
02-25-2010, 14:07
I use a larger sil-nylon stuff sac for my Caribou. Good luck trying to stuff it into the WM-provided stuff sac. My long Caribou got about half-way inside when it started to scream...guess Caribou's are claustrophobic! :)
My Caribou stuffs inside the XXS with no problem, long as you push hard! Got the 6 footer.

skinewmexico
02-25-2010, 14:12
Call WM, they don't recommend putting their bags into stuff sacks smaller than what they send you.

Roland
02-25-2010, 14:14
Call WM, they don't recommend putting their bags into stuff sacks smaller than what they send you.

The XXS sac he's using is what WM supplies with the Caribou.

Ramble~On
02-25-2010, 16:45
I got the same bags with my Caribou..I don't understand the small one for the bag but I'm not complaining cause it can be used for other things. Great sleeping bag though!

skinewmexico
02-25-2010, 22:12
I was in a store fondling a Caribou last night. I'm a sick man. I wish it was a 40 degree bag, it's just too close in temp rating to my Megalite. Or if the Highlite was wider. I just love those WM bags.

Roland
02-25-2010, 22:25
I was in a store fondling a Caribou last night. I'm a sick man. I wish it was a 40 degree bag, it's just too close in temp rating to my Megalite. Or if the Highlite was wider. I just love those WM bags.

I know what you mean. I chose the Caribou because of its wider cut. I like to have room to move around. To me, the comfort is worth the extra ounces.

daddytwosticks
02-26-2010, 08:43
I've bought and sold alot of hiking gear over the years. I think I'm finally set with my two WM bags...Alpinlite and Caribou. Bags for life! :)

EmmaKash
08-16-2010, 11:56
I used to work for EMS and the Caribou comes with the XXS stuff sack and sometimes other bags stuff sacks fall into it.