PDA

View Full Version : MT Rodgers Outfitters, Damascus VA

brotheral
02-03-2010, 14:27
I've been talking to Jeff at Mt Rodgers Outfitters about buying a pack and some other equipment. Sounds like a good honest guy. Anybody think otherwise or agree with my impression ????

bigcranky
02-03-2010, 14:34
Been shopping there for a long time. Good people.

Spokes
02-03-2010, 14:46
Yep, been there many times. Good fella fer sure.

WalkinHome
02-03-2010, 15:39
He is the best - no worries there.

Big Dawg
02-03-2010, 16:40
I've been talking to Jeff at Mt Rodgers Outfitters about buying a pack and some other equipment. Sounds like a good honest guy. Anybody think otherwise or agree with my impression ????

Jeff's a good guy... he wouldn't steer ya wrong.

WILLIAM HAYES
02-03-2010, 16:42
I have dealt with Jeff and his dad Damacus Dave for many years Jeff is a good guy unlike some who just want to sell you stuff . he will treat you right and knows what he is doing .He is a good man
Hillbilly

brotheral
02-03-2010, 17:09
Thanks for the assurance. Seemed like the kind of person I'd be comfortable doing business with... Never hurts to check :) !

Jack Tarlin
02-03-2010, 17:16
This is one of the finest Outfitters on or near the Trail and has been for many, many years.

To describe Jeff Patrick as "a good honest guy" is akin to describing the late Mother Teresa as a "nice Catholic lady."

The people at MRO are about the finest folks you'll meet on the Trail and always have been.

CrumbSnatcher
02-03-2010, 18:56
jeff is my brother from another mother! his whole family has been good to me. i buy 99% of my gear from MRO. i just call him up and he sends me what i need.
the only other shop i use is mountain crossings at neel gap.

swamp dawg
02-04-2010, 00:45
MRO is a great place in a trail friendly town. Jeff will help you with your needs with sound,honest,experienced hiking advice to match you with the proper gear for your journey.

Jester2000
02-04-2010, 01:50
Good guy, great store. Or the other way around. Or both for both.

tndrfoot
02-04-2010, 20:11
i drive to mro to get alot of my stuff about 50 miles away love these guys jeff spent prob 2 hrs fitting me for boots really helpfull people jeff loves to talk so get ready.

Lone Wolf
02-04-2010, 20:25

he's beyond good and honest. in a good way

Hooch
02-04-2010, 21:02
I've done business with MRO a few times and can't think of a single thing negative about Jeff or his Dad, Dave. Good people, good outfitter.

Tagless
02-04-2010, 21:10
Tag-along and I needed new shoes during our 09 thru hike. They had exactly what we needed at a fair price and shipped up the trail as promised.

We also shopped there while in town and found staff informative and helpful - all without imposing any pressure to buy. MRO is a great outfitter!

gumball
02-05-2010, 06:16
Great place, great guy, we go out of our way to get there once a year if possible.

Jayboflavin04
02-05-2010, 07:56
Damascus is a great lil town overall. Jeff was happy to help out my son (9) most ppl just put kids off to the side and dont take them seriously. He was happy to help. They also stock ULA packs...

brotheral
02-05-2010, 08:30
he's beyond good and honest. in a good way

Thanks for the feedback everyone...
Abt Lone Wolf: I told Jeff I was a member on Whiteblaze.net and somehow your name came up. Anyway he said you're doing great. Happy to hear that...:)
God Bless.... BrotherAL

lucky luke
02-07-2010, 13:07
hi,

all has been said about jeff and dave. i can add they have been 100% helpfull, hiker friendly, competent, and more than fair priced back in 1999!

it was a pleasure doing business with them. they replaced a dragonfly bought in germany (which had a manufacturing problem and would not go full power) for free. they had free advice for me and calamity jane and we had quite a few laughs at their store in damascus.

i still smile when i think back! please say hi from the german couple who showed up in very late fall of ´99.

happy trails
lucky luke

kayak karl
02-07-2010, 14:05
last winter there was a hiker that skipped on money at a hostel. he did not get involved, did not spread rumors and even helped the guy straighten things out. can't get better then that.

he knows his ULA packs.:)

i'm wearing the micro fleece he sold me when i was there. LOL

mweinstone
02-07-2010, 15:42
only a few outfitters on the at havent banned me. mro's one. tyipically i stay to long ask to many questions do annoying crap talk to customers scareing them take a hiker shower in the luve and split.
returning in the morning annoyingly early i proceede to eat a 12 course meal from their food stuffs one item at a time slowing down the whole store.later i may just sit and burn rope and fill the store with that plastic smell or make their shuttles drive far and wide for hikers i should leave to rot. and dont lets forget the really bad mess i leave in my room . stuff like spills of horribly smelling foods i shouldnt be cooking in the rooms. and often i just sit playing their guitar on the porch of daves place loud and bad for hours. also i atract unwanted guests like the homeless and the dude. lol.