PDA

View Full Version : whos hiking in fl

crl2010
02-03-2010, 18:38
just hiked pickens and should be back shortly who will be out there

off-pher
02-06-2010, 09:56
I am. All of next week come on down and over!

hikingbear
02-06-2010, 10:29
just hiked pickens and should be back shortly who will be out there

Where Pickens?

moytoy
02-06-2010, 10:37
Where Pickens?

Thats the northern section of the FT. Near Pensacola.

captchemo
02-14-2010, 22:17
Just moved to florida a few months ago wheres some good places to hike? I am in the Jacksonville area.

moytoy
02-15-2010, 09:07
Hikers who live near Jax can give you better advice than me. But you can always drive out to Ocala National Forest (ONF). The Fl Trail passes right through the middle of the Forest. You can google and get lots of info about Fl hiking.

nitewalker
02-15-2010, 10:11
i will be out in the ocala forest this week with another friend. we are planing on staying out there for a few nights. not sure of the exact plan rite now..if we dont make it there this week it will be next week when we are out there....

bus
02-15-2010, 17:55
Hiked/camped the Little Big Econ portion this weekend! Got a bit chilly...

will try and post up some pics tonight or tomorrow

Jester2000
02-15-2010, 18:21
H.R. Huff 'n Puff will be in Christmas, FL by the end of the week . . .

bus
02-15-2010, 20:26
Christmas is close to where I am...are you hiking through or...?

Jester2000
02-15-2010, 22:15
Christmas is close to where I am...are you hiking through or...?

It's not me. My trail name is Jester. H.R. Huff 'n Puff is 100 miles from Christmas; he expects to get there Friday or Saturday. He's hiking the Eastern Continental Divide, and so will be on the entire Florida Trail (insofar as that's possible). You'll probably see him out there, although I believe he's meeting up with Forager and spending a couple of days in Orlando when he gets there.

Gray Blazer
02-16-2010, 08:48
Keep us informed on HR.

Etoniah Creek State Forest is about an hour from Jax.

I hiked the Mardi Gras in Panama City this past Sat. Saw Jimmy Buffet. I also hiked the FL Caverns in Marianna. Lots of flooding in the panhandle and even some snow. If I got any good pics, I'll post them later.

chiefduffy
02-16-2010, 08:53
Just moved to florida a few months ago wheres some good places to hike? I am in the Jacksonville area.

Welcome to sunny FLA!

My favorite FT sections near Jax are along the Suwannee River. High water right now, tho. My friend Ropeyarn tells me there is some nice hiking in Jennings State Forest, off of Blanding.

- Duffy

Gray Blazer
02-16-2010, 08:57
Chief!! Wattup!! When this guy HR gets near us we'll have to go give him a FT reception!

When are you guys doing Jennings? Let me know.

chiefduffy
02-17-2010, 09:39
I think Ropeyarn hikes there alot with his dog - he lives in that area. I haven't heard from him since the Bigfoot Vigil.

Any given Sunday works for me!

- Duffy

BumpJumper
02-17-2010, 09:52
Capt...Gold Head is nice too.

Gray and Chief....are you guys coming to the campout next weekend? Anyone else?
I just came from the Palatka area last night. I took second leg provisions to Trailtalker, Bluegill, Flamingo and they picked up a hiker along the way...Mother Goose...
They were glad to see the Golden Corral...hahahahahha

chiefduffy
02-17-2010, 23:05
Gray and Chief....are you guys coming to the campout next weekend?

I can't make it. Would if I could....new job keeps me....uh, jumpin...

Gray Blazer
02-18-2010, 08:15
Capt...Gold Head is nice too.

Gray and Chief....are you guys coming to the campout next weekend? Anyone else?

Sorry, I can't make it. I have to clean out my sock drawer or something like that.

Just kidding. Seriously, I can't make it.

For anyone interested, there is an airshow at Keystone Heights at the secret WW II airforce base right on the FT this weekend. There will be some WW II bombers there and a mustang. Really good show.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/6/2/1/7/ft_air_force_base_103.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=22422&original=1&c=member&imageuser=6217)

chiefduffy
02-18-2010, 16:02
Speaking of Keystone Heights Airport, the section of the FT running from just south of Goldhead thru Camp Blanding to the Airport is one of my favorite hikes in NFLA. Just don't forget to give Camp Blanding a quick phone call when you start.

- Duffy

Gray Blazer
02-19-2010, 08:08
Speaking of Keystone Heights Airport, the section of the FT running from just south of Goldhead thru Camp Blanding to the Airport is one of my favorite hikes in NFLA. Just don't forget to give Camp Blanding a quick phone call when you start.

- Duffy
Very nice hike. You can park your car and hike to the other end and back in the same day. It passes 3 lakes with good swimming opportunities.