View Full Version : Florida Singles Get Together

BumpJumper
02-05-2010, 22:10
When:
February 26 - 28
Where:
Juniper Springs Recreation
Activities:
Friday night ~ Set up camp, dinner, gather around the fire to get aquainted.
Saturday ~ Paddle down the Juniper Run. A 7 mile paddle through Juniper Wilderness stopping for lunch.
Saturday Option ~ Hike with others on one of the several nice sections of the Florida Trail
Saturday Afternoon/Night ~ Games, show and tell, Dinner, bonfire with the group, music and stories.
Sunday ~ Breakfast and goodbyes.

All singles are welcome to attend. This is a gathering to meet other like minded hikers who love the outdoors.
Come for the day or weekend.
Reservations need to be made through
http://www.reserveamerica.com/?topTabIndex=Home
If you want to campout with the group, email me. We are trying to get spots together like we did on our Fall Gathering.
For more info.
http://www.myfloridahikes.com/group/hikingsingles

warraghiyagey
02-05-2010, 23:33
Damn it. . . I'm gonna be in FLA the week before. . . I would love to meet you. . . but gotta return on the 29th. . .
Well, have fun anyway. . . .:sun:sun

moytoy
02-06-2010, 07:49
All singles are welcome to attend. This is a gathering to meet other like minded hikers who love the outdoors.

Dang///.. I can't make it. :-? Trying to remember wh.... Oh yea. that would be my wife.

off-pher
02-06-2010, 09:51
Damn it. . . I'm gonna be in FLA the week before. . . I would love to meet you. . . but gotta return on the 29th. . .
Well, have fun anyway. . . .:sun:sun
You could come by on the 26th 27th or the 28th Come out for the day or a day if you can't camp.

off-pher
02-06-2010, 09:54
Dang///.. I can't make it. :-? Trying to remember wh.... Oh yea. that would be my wife.
You don't have to be single to attend come on out. Play it safe bring
your wife.Ya'll could stop by for the day.

Mr. Magoo
02-06-2010, 10:38
Does it involve Twister and a bottle of olive oil? :D

BumpJumper
02-08-2010, 13:59
Yeah, there are a few marrieds that are going to drop in or stay. No biggie.
W...if you are going to be here, call me. Inbox me for my number...Maybe we can hook up with Off...at some point as well.

BumpJumper
02-08-2010, 13:59
Magoo....
ABSOLUTELY:D

Ladytrekker
02-08-2010, 14:05
Hi Bumpjumper,

My group is hiking Juniper that weekend there will be 8 of us we are hiking from Hopkins to Juniper Springs. We will be at Juniper sometime on Sunday maybe we will see you there. We will be on the FT all day Saturday.

www.meetup.com/florida-trekkers

Cuffs
02-08-2010, 17:15
Saturday Afternoon/Night ~ Games, show and tell,

This scares even me!

BumpJumper
02-08-2010, 18:28
Donna if you guys are hiking Hopkins to Juniper is that what you are actually hiking on Sunday? Cause I know it cant take you all weekend to do that trek....:D:D:D
What time are you coming in Sunday do you know?

Gray Blazer
02-10-2010, 11:22
Gotta keep this out there so people can see it.

BumpJumper
02-20-2010, 10:39
For anyone wanting to do just the paddle on Saturday, be at the launch parking lot at 815am so we can shuttle.
Ask around for me if you do not know me.

off-pher
02-21-2010, 10:22
Is anyone from WB planing on showing up for this? We have door prizes
for anyone from WB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannan
02-21-2010, 16:08
I am thinking of coming. I would probably get there late Friday evening. I have to figure out the registration deal.

off-pher
02-25-2010, 22:55
We only have a few spaces left!! Call now before it's to late! We have everything
in order. Limo drivers on standby. See you there Juniper springs this weekend!!!
This is your last chance call today...........................Operators are waiting....

Gray Blazer
03-01-2010, 08:38
So.......where's the trip report?

moytoy
03-01-2010, 23:05
So.......where's the trip report?

I've been waiting on it too. Must be havin lotsofun in the Forest.:)

moytoy
03-15-2010, 02:56
Has anybody heard from anyone who attended the singles get together? Niether Off-pher or BumpJumper have posted anything on WB since Feb. Did bigfoot kidnap the whole gang or what?

Gray Blazer
03-15-2010, 07:51
I heard they all hooked up with some single Rainbow People and are now living permanently in the OCF.

moytoy
03-15-2010, 08:02
Hmm.. I'm heading for the Forest in about an hour. I guess I'll have to keep eye out for them. On the otherhand if they already have that rainbow look.....well it's hard tell tellum apart!

Silverbullet52
04-09-2010, 13:13
When:
February 26 - 28
Where:
Juniper Springs Recreation
Activities:
Friday night ~ Set up camp, dinner, gather around the fire to get aquainted.
Saturday ~ Paddle down the Juniper Run. A 7 mile paddle through Juniper Wilderness stopping for lunch.
Saturday Option ~ Hike with others on one of the several nice sections of the Florida Trail
Saturday Afternoon/Night ~ Games, show and tell, Dinner, bonfire with the group, music and stories.
Sunday ~ Breakfast and goodbyes.

Reservations need to be made through
http://www.reserveamerica.com/?topTabIndex=Home
If you want to campout with the group, email me. We are trying to get spots together like we did on our Fall Gathering.
For more info.
http://www.myfloridahikes.com/group/hikingsingles

I know I missed the last one and would love to go to the next event. I live in St. Pete, so travel isn't an issue. I've always wanted to visit Anastasia Park near St. Augustine. Please let me know when & where the next one might be.

Thanks

Silverbullet52
04-09-2010, 13:15

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark :rolleyes:

Silverbullet52
04-09-2010, 13:16
This scares even me!
Yea, I hope it's not the playing Doctor thing ;)