PDA

View Full Version : Nubrella,, the hands free umbrella

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 09:43
www.nubrella.com

Goofy looking, but innovative. Looks like the helmet of hazmat crews. Can you imagine passing someone on the trail w/ this thing on.:eek: I'd wear it just to stir the pot, b/c I love to see people squirm. I think I'll order one today! :cool:

Spokes
02-06-2010, 10:14
Yep, the pine boughs should shred it just enough to look real scary!

JustaTouron
02-06-2010, 10:24
that plus a pair of chaps...the ultimate rain gear.

Dogwood
02-06-2010, 10:35
Reminds me of BIG fish in too small of a fishbowl.

Great for today's culture when they engage in leave me alone I'm in my own little world I'm on my cell phone I don't care how I might inconvenience others I'm dry under my Nubrella lifestyle.

Deadeye
02-06-2010, 10:53
The cone of silence!

Dogwood
02-06-2010, 10:54
Instead of marketing it with some catch all you got to have it right now order while supplies last this is a limited time offer comes with free storage bag a $9.95 value hurry while a representative is standing by to take your order credit cards accepted money back guarantee first 20 callers receive free shipping developed by NASA after years of painstaking research theme like Nubrella maybe it should be called the Astronaut Umbrella because that's what it looks like.

Oh stop it. Maybe, it could work. I kind of like it. I think it looks cute. It's made from titanium, aerospace grade aluminum, Kevlar, and a space age Mylar composite shell. I'm going to order two. No, make that three. Give it time. I like new ideas. Seems like a winner. Makes a great present. Oh progress. Got to have a Nubrella. I'll be the first in my neighborhood.

russb
02-06-2010, 12:01
Wasn;t this the product the guy on "The Sharks" had? I think he partnered up with the the tv-infomercial guy and the fubu wear guy.

sbhikes
02-06-2010, 12:14
Make it out of mosquito netting and it would be awesome!

Maddog
02-06-2010, 12:35
might be ok if it didn't weigh 2.6lbs!:eek:

Spokes
02-06-2010, 12:57
Crawl inside and roll down the hills!

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 13:08
Wasn;t this the product the guy on "The Sharks" had? I think he partnered up with the the tv-infomercial guy and the fubu wear guy.

exactly...

veteran
02-06-2010, 13:22
Or you could get one of these

http://jadorefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/umbrella-hat.jpg

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 17:32
Too funny,,,, talk about goofy. Actually I bought one of those (camo pattern) 6+ years ago. Hated the raincoat hood restrictions, so gave the umbrella hat a try. My hiking partner said I'd gone mad by considering this option, so it lasted one trip, then hit the back of the closet,,, where all other retired gear sits.

sbhikes
02-06-2010, 20:47
Or you could get one of these

http://jadorefashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/umbrella-hat.jpg

I actually have one of those. It's better than expected. It is very cool under the canopy, but the elastic is a little tight and gives me a bit of a headache after a while.

Wise Old Owl
02-06-2010, 21:00
wow some of you beat me to it.... Yet I was thinking how great it would be for smokers in bars!

Dogwood
02-06-2010, 23:06
I've actually seen several people out hiking while wearing those hat umbrellas like Veteran posted. They don't work very well by themselves keeping you dry, even in a med rain. In wind driven rain, like can be experienced on the AT, they would not work very well by themselves if you really wanted to stay dry. You still need a rain jacket. And, unless for some reason, you don't like a hood on your rain jacket you might as well just carry a rain jacket w/ a hood and leave the hat umbrella at home. They do work to keep the sun off though while desert hiking.

I've also seen hikers attach those GoLite sun/rain umbrellas to their pack straps to keep the mist and sun off them. The first hiker I ever saw w/ the GoLite umbrella almost made me wet myself with laughter. Then, after about 2 wks in the desert, i noticed the hiker w/ the GoLite umbrella had the laest fried leathery skin. It worked for that hiker!

Dogwood
02-06-2010, 23:17
After looking at Nubrella's ad I still don't understand how it stays on/over your head if it's also windy. I noticed it doesn't seem to be very windy in any of those pics of people happily wearing Nubrellas. Seems like if the wind got underneath a Nubrella it would blow away like a weather ballon which I think is one of the things they were deriding a regular Umbrella for in their ad.

Big Dawg
02-07-2010, 07:49
After looking at Nubrella's ad I still don't understand how it stays on/over your head if it's also windy. I noticed it doesn't seem to be very windy in any of those pics of people happily wearing Nubrellas. Seems like if the wind got underneath a Nubrella it would blow away like a weather ballon which I think is one of the things they were deriding a regular Umbrella for in their ad.

There's some type of strap system,,, shoulder straps to keep it propped up over your head for hands free deployment, and another strap that wraps front to back under your arms for high wind stabilization. Supposedly there's small pockets on the nubrella to stash the straps if not needed. Watch the Shark Tank link showing the pitch for this product. The guy shows how the strap system works.

Dogwood
02-07-2010, 11:48
BigDawg, thanks for the heads up. Now, I definitely got to buy one. Maybe, two. No, make that three.

Kind of like taking the same philosophy and road that created a $11,000,000,000 - $12,000,000,000, $13,000,000,000, or what ever it is, national debt isn't it? I think we, ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA, have lost the concept of what it means to be LIVING WITHIN OUR MEANS, TO STOP SPENDING MORE THAN WE ARE MAKING. SOMETHING HAS GOT TO EVENTUALLY GIVE! SOMETHINGS ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY CHANGE, PERHAPS ON AN UNPRECEDENTED SCALE!

wudhipy
02-07-2010, 12:23
Ok...you know we are gonna see one eventually even if it's at the parade...maybe we can put together our pix at the end of the season and make a video or something...lol:-?

Big Dawg
02-07-2010, 12:28
Kind of like taking the same philosophy and road that created a $11,000,000,000 - $12,000,000,000, $13,000,000,000, or what ever it is, national debt isn't it? I think we, ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA, have lost the concept of what it means to be LIVING WITHIN OUR MEANS, TO STOP SPENDING MORE THAN WE ARE MAKING. SOMETHING HAS GOT TO EVENTUALLY GIVE! SOMETHINGS ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY CHANGE, PERHAPS ON AN UNPRECEDENTED SCALE!

Oh yea, the whole thing is gonna come crashing down eventually,,,, "thing" - meaning our current way of life. We simply can't sustain this "more more more" mentality. In the mean time, we can be covered from the windy rain w/ our new-fangled hands-free nubrella's. :D

Tinker
02-07-2010, 15:44
The pack cover with the hood that Dana Design Packs made a number of years ago was a good idea that didn't sell because folks thought it looked goofy. I wonder if I can still find a pic.

Tinker
02-07-2010, 15:50
Former Dana Design Pack Fly (now Marmot - or possibly discontinued).
http://www.campsaver.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=mar0021

mudhead
02-07-2010, 17:42
I have a PackFly. No good. You have to scrunch your head down toward your shoulders to get under the hood. Great idea. Sucky execution. My opinion.

It did have a tie which surprised me.

Darwin again
02-09-2010, 16:47
Seems to me body heat would fog the thing up pretty quickly in cooler temperatures. Like are common in rain.

leaftye
02-09-2010, 18:05
BigDawg, thanks for the heads up. Now, I definitely got to buy one. Maybe, two. No, make that three.

If only that was our national debt. That's more like an interest payment. Maybe an installment on an interest payment.

Big Dawg
02-10-2010, 00:10
If only that was our national debt. That's more like an interest payment. Maybe an installment on an interest payment.

yea, missed a few zero's, huh.

Rocket Jones
02-10-2010, 12:15
Cutting edge would be combining this with the hiking stilts. :D

Marta
02-10-2010, 17:43
Today would be the day to test it. The wind just about blew my hair off my head...and it's not a wig.

Dogwood
02-10-2010, 18:31
AHH da uh, yah I did put billions and not trillions. I guess I was taking a wishful thinking politician's approach on writing out those figures. I sometimes think it really doesn't matter if it's billions or trillions with the way some politicians throw around these amounts and don't seem to have much concern being able to spend it even when we don't really have it to spend.

I have a hard time even comprehending what it means to owe 1 million. Owe 1 billion. Owe 1 trillion. Owe 12 trillion! Starts sounding like numbers thrown around by Astrophysicists studying star and planetary systems!

nubrella41
10-08-2010, 13:33
Nubrella is a very good product, but Alan Kaufman (founder) is a thief, because he have just steal my money ($1400)...

hontassquirt
10-08-2010, 22:02
wow some of you beat me to it.... Yet I was thinking how great it would be for smokers in bars!

especially if you're the smoker...

Jonnycat
10-09-2010, 10:44
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2532/bubbleboy.jpg

Trailbender
10-09-2010, 11:49
Looks retarded as hell, and confining. I'll stick with my rainjacket, thanks.