PDA

View Full Version : quoting in threads...

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 13:18
How do you quote several different members w/in a single post? Thanks!

JustaTouron
02-06-2010, 13:19
the button next to quote. hit that for all but the last person you want to quote. than hit quote for the last one.

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 13:21
Or hit the multi-quote button that Justatouron mentioned for all of them, and hit "Post Reply" button in the lower left of the screen.

You can also use the multi quote button to quote from other threads.

Bearpaw
02-06-2010, 13:59
Wow, good to know. I've been using copy and paste for years... :eek:

mudhead
02-06-2010, 14:03

How does that work? Where does it "store?"

Alligator
02-06-2010, 14:10
The multiquote plus sign changes to a minus and the post is ready to be multiquoted. It will stay activated as you move to the thread you want to post to. I think the system also asks if you really want to use the quote from the outside thread.

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 15:24
The multiquote plus sign changes to a minus and the post is ready to be multiquoted. It will stay activated as you move to the thread you want to post to. I think the system also asks if you really want to use the quote from the outside thread.

Yup. Right below the reply field it'll say that you have selected quotes from another thread, and give you the option of including them or deselecting them.

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 17:24
the button next to quote. hit that for all but the last person you want to quote. than hit quote for the last one.

ok

Or hit the multi-quote button that Justatouron mentioned for all of them, and hit "Post Reply" button in the lower left of the screen.

ok

ok

Yup. Right below the reply field it'll say that you have selected quotes from another thread, and give you the option of including them or deselecting them.

good to know... thanks all!!

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 17:28
Haha! Well, it seems you've got it. Now: what shall we have a ridiculous argument about?

Old Hiker
02-06-2010, 17:30
Haha! Well, it seems you've got it. Now: what shall we have a ridiculous argument about?

The argument is ridiculous only if you don't agree with me immediately!

JustaTouron
02-06-2010, 17:30
ok

ok

ok

:welcome

MY method is better than yours, cause it requires one less mouse click!!!!

:p

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 17:35
Hahahaha!

No, my method is better, because if you change your mind and want to add additional quotes, when you back button that last quote is still selected.

So there.

sasquatch2014
02-06-2010, 17:36
:welcome

MY method is better than yours, cause it requires one less mouse click!!!!

:p

The argument is ridiculous only if you don't agree with me immediately!

Wow that is handy almost as handy as using a synthetic bag in the winter so you don't have to use a pee bottle even wet it keeps you warm. Or so I have been told

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 17:39
Wow that is handy almost as handy as using a synthetic bag in the winter so you don't have to use a pee bottle even wet it keeps you warm. Or so I have been told

I told you that in confidence. But now that the cat is out of the pee-soaked bag:

additional benefit -- I stay warm not only after I've peed, but while I'm peeing.

sasquatch2014
02-06-2010, 17:41
I told you that in confidence. But now that the cat is out of the pee-soaked bag:

additional benefit -- I stay warm not only after I've peed, but while I'm peeing.

Do you find coating the zipper helps with freeze up in the morning?

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 18:57
Do you find coating the zipper helps with freeze up in the morning?

Good point. You gotta wax the zippers if you want to pee in your bag.

JustaTouron
02-06-2010, 19:04
Note to self:

Do NOT buy a used sleeping bag from Jester or sasquatch.

Skidsteer
02-06-2010, 19:13

You nailed it on your first try.

Umm, can you PM JAK and explain it to him?

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 19:16
You nailed it on your first try.

Umm, can you PM JAK and explain it to him?

there's no hope for JAK

Big Dawg
02-06-2010, 19:24
Now: what shall we have a ridiculous argument about?

you're love affair w/ cheese... :eek:

Jester2000
02-06-2010, 20:14
Note to self:

Do NOT buy a used sleeping bag from Jester or sasquatch.

Well, you could buy a used down bag from us. I don't pee in those. That would be crazy.

you're love affair w/ cheese... :eek:

Well I don't think there's anything to argue about in terms of cheese, unless we're going to discuss quantity. One of the reasons I'm never going to be a UL hiker is the 20 pounds of cheese in my pack. But this would be a good time to demonstrate multi-quoting from outside of the current thread:

I dunno. We're already on page six. I think it's too late. I'd instead like to steer the conversation towards on-trail cheese making.

Note: You can't do this if the thread has been closed, which is one of the reasons I don't like it when they close threads without a really good reason. When a thread is closed, you do have to cut and paste, like so:

"I eventually try to steer every thread in the direction of cheese."

Big Dawg
02-09-2010, 23:31

Just had a need to do that,,,, too cool,,,, worked well! Thanks!!

Jester2000
02-10-2010, 00:02
Just had a need to do that,,,, too cool,,,, worked well! Thanks!!

No problem! I seem to have learned something about this place somewhere in the course of 3300 posts. Not much, but something.