PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Bands

mudhead
02-08-2010, 18:16
Would appreciate info on different brands of resistance bands. I have been doing some stuff with a Thera Band branded band. They wear out after about 2 weeks. Or so. So I need to buy a chunk. Before I buy a 50yd roll of this stuff, anyone have an opinion on different brands?

I bought a replacement, Valero, it is wider and makes a noise. Not sure how long it will last, but I need the volume option.

Thanks.:)

Blissful
02-08-2010, 22:35
Can't remember what brand I had - got my three bands at a yard sale of all things, used them until they broke. Liked them very much and find them useful, esp for injury rehab.

toegem
02-09-2010, 09:44
Body Sports resistance bands is what I've been using, they are round as apposed to the flat ones and come with foam colored handles.

mudhead
02-09-2010, 10:32
Thinking I need band. Goes around knees.

How do those tube types wear? Do they "cut" into you?

leaftye
02-09-2010, 17:45
Jump Stretch is supposed to be really good.

With cheap rubber, it really helps to store them in a dark place, in a dark plastic bag if you can.

mudhead
02-10-2010, 10:02
Those are pretty hefty. I need healing not hulking.:)

I can say I would not buy another Valero band set. Will do for a bit, but will seek better.

leaftye
02-10-2010, 12:31
I should have given you a link.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=138

This company has a good reputation for everything, but in your case, specifically for long lasting rubber. They have smaller bands, and big bands, and other accessories. Of course if you're looking at buying a 50 yard roll, then this may not provide the flexibility to create the solution you're looking for.

mudhead
04-02-2010, 09:53
I bought a roll of Thera Band silver. If anyone has a roll of the gold flavor and wants to swap some, pm me.