PDA

View Full Version : end game hike

mweinstone
02-09-2010, 09:58
certian factors exist to make today the last day to stock up on food before the world as we know it ends. at least in philadelphia. we just had our 2nd largest snow in history at 29 inches. today a 12 to 18 inch storm warning is issued. the stores are empty but for liver steaks. cars are spinning out makeing that rubber dental noise. the free world is under threat by jihadists. feb 11th is the date weve been threatened on.theirs something orbiting us that bad people put up their and the crap is hitting the fan . anyone else going food shopping? my question is, whats important to you to get before a double whammy snowstorm?

whisky
tobbacco
chocolate
coffie.

Old Hiker
02-09-2010, 10:53
Plane ticket to Florida. Been there - done that - enjoying the sunshine right now.

the goat
02-09-2010, 10:57
whiskey
coffee
bacon
avocados

mudhead
02-09-2010, 10:58
Might be smart to get something for Sunday, if you have been putting it off.

sbhikes
02-09-2010, 11:23
my question is, whats important to you to get before a double whammy snowstorm?

Before a what?? I don't understand. What is snow?
:sun

(If I want avocados, I pull them off one of my 7 40-foot avocado trees with a long apple picker. Then I make a nice guacamole and eat them with chips on the deck while admiring the produce growing in my garden and sipping on a margarita made with limes pulled off the tree. I put my bare feet up and wave to the neighbors out jogging and walking their dogs. I love winter.)

the goat
02-09-2010, 12:51
Before a what?? I don't understand. What is snow?
:sun

(If I want avocados, I pull them off one of my 7 40-foot avocado trees with a long apple picker. Then I make a nice guacamole and eat them with chips on the deck while admiring the produce growing in my garden and sipping on a margarita made with limes pulled off the tree. I put my bare feet up and wave to the neighbors out jogging and walking their dogs. I love winter.)

i don't know you, sb, but i just developed a deep seated hatred for you.:D

ugh, another 12-18 inches on the way.....good thing i got my 'cados.

mweinstone
02-09-2010, 13:14
just back from the supermarket. their are only 27 chickens left in pennsylvainia. layed in a bottle of margerittavill. heard the dudes on the move. now all thats left is to snuggel up to a bottle of knob , and wait for it. should the middle east start throwing nuckes around, i got extra chicken. and bread. im all good. bring it on.

Appalachian Tater
02-09-2010, 13:20
Pretty sure if you roll the refrigerator away from the wall you will find a bunch of scrapple crumbles the mice refused to eat. Add them to a cup of water and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds on high and that will take care of one meal.

If it is a little bland, add hot sauce.

Rockhound
02-09-2010, 13:22
I can't find I single store around here that sells POM bottles! I'm screwed.

Old Hiker
02-09-2010, 13:28
Pretty sure if you roll the refrigerator away from the wall you will find a bunch of scrapple crumbles the mice refused to eat. Add them to a cup of water and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds on high and that will take care of one meal.

If it is a little bland, add hot sauce.

Won't the power be out soon?

Don't panic - just try to remember where you put your camping stove(s)!

mweinstone
02-09-2010, 13:31
pom botts are out. the new face of hippiy is carrot. the vitamins in carrots actualy counter the effects of smokeing.

Appalachian Tater
02-09-2010, 13:37
pom botts are out. the new face of hippiy is carrot. the vitamins in carrots actualy counter the effects of smokeing.

http://www.whatsonmyfood.org/food.jsp?food=CR

DAKS
02-09-2010, 13:39
just back from the supermarket. their are only 27 chickens left in pennsylvainia. layed in a bottle of margerittavill. heard the dudes on the move. now all thats left is to snuggel up to a bottle of knob , and wait for it. should the middle east start throwing nuckes around, i got extra chicken. and bread. im all good. bring it on.

so you making some fried chicken for us all?

Powder River
02-09-2010, 18:18
I've got a beer store across the street, a 7-11 and a really awesome pizza/sub shop down the street. None of them closed up for the first 28 inches of snow. All the necessities of life! Oh, and I have a good shovel.

2XL
02-09-2010, 18:49
I get to work plowing and shovelling.
I wish I could sit back and watch a snow storm just once.

yaduck9
02-09-2010, 18:55
I get to work plowing and shovelling.
I wish I could sit back and watch a snow storm just once.

You need to move down to AZ, and then you can watch the storm on the nightly news.;)

jnanagardener
02-09-2010, 19:16
By April we usually see the first wave of folks from Buffalo, Chicago and other points north who have finally had enough and head south to Florida. I will save you some star fruit, mango and Nam Wa bananas!

sbhikes
02-09-2010, 19:30
By April we usually see the first wave of folks from Buffalo, Chicago and other points north who have finally had enough and head south to Florida. I will save you some star fruit, mango and Nam Wa bananas!

Yep, my boyfriend moved out of Buffalo after the blizzard of '77. He literally couldn't open the door and was trapped in the house. He decided he wasn't living, he was merely surviving. Now he lives in Santa Barbara with me.

02-09-2010, 19:54
vanilla, sugar, evaporated milk. Time for snow cream!!

Doctari
02-09-2010, 20:34
Crap!!

We only got 8" of snow. Not even worth shovelin the sidewalk with that skimpy amount. But it is fun watching people "Totally freak out" over the "WHITE DEATH!!".
Most Cincinnatians drive while screaming at the top of their lungs: OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD! If it is snowing ANYWHERE within 500 miles, so you can imaging what it is like when we actually get snow over 1/100,000 of an inch. Notice I did not put up a smiley face, not joking or exaggerating. Sigh!

Radio: "It's Monday morning, we may have snow by late Friday." I guarantee that someone in the greater Cincinnati area panicked & swerved into a telephone pole or oncoming traffic at that moment.

Roland
02-09-2010, 20:48
Crap!!

We only got 8" of snow. Not even worth shovelin the sidewalk with that skimpy amount. But it is fun watching people "Totally freak out" over the "WHITE DEATH!!".
Most Cincinnatians drive while screaming at the top of their lungs: OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD! If it is snowing ANYWHERE within 500 miles, so you can imaging what it is like when we actually get snow over 1/100,000 of an inch. Notice I did not put up a smiley face, not joking or exaggerating. Sigh!

Radio: "It's Monday morning, we may have snow by late Friday." I guarantee that someone in the greater Cincinnati area panicked & swerved into a telephone pole or oncoming traffic at that moment.

As someone who has lived his entire life in the northern White Mtns, I find your post quite amusing. Thanks for the chuckle.

mweinstone
02-11-2010, 14:08
that dude writes as good as jester. combineing truth with punch and serveing it all up on a doyaly.