PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Mira Tablets ot drops?

ssr41
02-09-2010, 22:39
Do either of them taste bad? I am looking for anyone who has used aqua mira.

Mocs123
02-09-2010, 23:15
I have used both and I think the tablets have a slightly stronger taste than the drops.

Praha4
02-09-2010, 23:17
no taste to the aquamira drops. I also have used the Katadyn tablets and actually like them too.

Spokes
02-09-2010, 23:21
The drops just taste like good city water to me.

verber
02-10-2010, 01:00
There is a taste. Some people dislike it, some don't mind it. To me, they taste like over processed city water. Not bad, but not good. Mine is normally mixed with crystal light lemonaid mix, so I don't notice the taste at all.

The drops taste less strong than the tablets, because the tablets are 3x the strength of the specified instructions for the drops. I believe that the Katadyn tablets consistently hit a higher concentration which is why they got an EPA approval as a water purifier where aqua mira didn't.

--mark

BrianLe
02-10-2010, 01:04
Put me in the "I don't taste it" crowd. That's the drops. Never understood the point of the tablets, as they're more expensive ... maybe nice to carry just a couple in a daypack or that sort of thing.

garlic08
02-10-2010, 01:16
I notice a very slight flavor, not offensive. I've only used the drops.

daddytwosticks
02-10-2010, 08:32
Same with Garlic...:)

burger
02-10-2010, 09:56
To me, the drops have no taste, but the tablets sometimes leave a chlorine-like taste in the water. In fact, if I use the tablets for a day or two, my platy bag starts to smell like a swimming pool. Go with the drops.

brooklynkayak
02-10-2010, 10:58
If you leave your container open for a little while after the treatment is finished, most of the taste dissipates.
The drops don't taste as bad as some chlorine treated public water.

If you don't like it, any carbon type water filter will remove the taste. I've use a Frontier Pro II after treatment when water is murky and there is absolutely no taste after being filtered.

Colter
02-10-2010, 11:07
Put me in the "I don't taste it" crowd. That's the drops. Never understood the point of the tablets, as they're more expensive ... maybe nice to carry just a couple in a daypack or that sort of thing.

What he said. I only rarely can taste the faintest hint of chlorine. More often it actually makes water taste better for me (I often end up drinking marginal stuff.) I think it tastes better than most city tap water, and way, way better than iodine.