PDA

View Full Version : Hudson Trail Outfitters is liquidating (Towson, MD)

Powder River
02-12-2010, 11:53
Just thought some people would like to know that the Hudson Trial Outfitters store in Towson, MD is closing and selling everything. Currently, its 30% additional off the lowest ticketed price. I was there last night and they have an unbelievable selection still. This is their second store closing in the past few months so I hope they are doing ok. It's a great store.

Jester2000
02-12-2010, 11:59
Haha! I didn't realize they had multiple locations, and I was going to ask how they could have a second store closing sale.

Powder River
02-12-2010, 13:22
Haha! I didn't realize they had multiple locations, and I was going to ask how they could have a second store closing sale.

Yeah I guess that doesn't make much sense re-reading it. I think they have 5 stores left in the DC area.

lazy river road
02-12-2010, 13:34
I Heard, :( , I am very saddened by this. It is my favorite outfitters around, Ive been avoiding the sale because funds are low right now and I recently just oredred some cool toys off the internet. I may have to stop by their just to check it out and say good by to that good oll building that I have such found memories of.

Rockhound
02-12-2010, 14:25
I think I can see why they are closing. I just visited the site and got sticker shock! What is their mark up ?! I saw a pair of pants for $450! It was not as if it was just 1 or 2 items either. Everything seemed ridiculously overpriced. This is clearly one of those schemes where they mark everything up then put it on sale to sucker those less informed to think they are getting a deal. Any one who shops there must have tons of money to throw away. Anyone with a clue would go to REI and get comparable items or the exact items for 1/2 the price. Even their supposed sale price.

Rockhound
02-12-2010, 14:31
Burton mens shank denim pants. On sale for an amazing $250. LOL Wow! You mean I get get 4 pairs of jeans for only $1000?!

Powder River
02-12-2010, 14:35
I think I can see why they are closing. I just visited the site and got sticker shock! What is their mark up ?! I saw a pair of pants for $450! It was not as if it was just 1 or 2 items either. Everything seemed ridiculously overpriced. This is clearly one of those schemes where they mark everything up then put it on sale to sucker those less informed to think they are getting a deal. Any one who shops there must have tons of money to throw away. Anyone with a clue would go to REI and get comparable items or the exact items for 1/2 the price. Even their supposed sale price.

Pebble Puppy, can you provide the model name for the $450 pants? I would be interested to see what the MSRP is. I have gotten some of the cheapest deals ever at this store, including 2 Arcteryx jackets at 50% off. Nothing in the store is over MSRP in my experience, and is usually cheaper than at REI. Not to mention they usually have a much better selection than REI.

And no I don't work there, I just hate to see people spread disinformation like this.

Powder River
02-12-2010, 14:40
Burton mens shank denim pants. On sale for an amazing $250. LOL Wow! You mean I get get 4 pairs of jeans for only $1000?!

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/BUR2195/Burton-Shank-Gore-Tex-Signature-Fit-Pant-Mens.html?CMP_ID=SH_FRO002&CMP_SKU=BUR2195&mv_pc=r126

Burton Goretex pants MSRP $449. Your point?

Rockhound
02-12-2010, 14:42
OK I spoke too soon. Looked at some other items and they seem to priced about the same as other online retailers. I just could not imagine anyone in their right mind paying $450 for a pair of pants. Wish you could get that additional discount online.

Rockhound
02-12-2010, 14:49
Gortex Shmortex. Their shoes don't breath and once they do get wet inside (which will happen. No such thing as waterproof) they take forever to dry. As for their clothing. For hiking you can get anything you will ever need for far less money and it will work just as good or better than Gortex. To me Gortex is just for yuppie brand name junkies with money to piss away.

Rockhound
02-12-2010, 14:55
Of course for me so are hiking poles, water treatment gadgets, GPS devices (at least for the AT), Mountain House meals....etc. So to each their own

Jester2000
02-12-2010, 15:43
So to sum up, you wouldn't buy overpriced snowboarding pants to go hiking in. I suspect that's pretty much true of everyone.

Powder River
02-12-2010, 16:39
Gortex Shmortex. Their shoes don't breath and once they do get wet inside (which will happen. No such thing as waterproof) they take forever to dry. As for their clothing. For hiking you can get anything you will ever need for far less money and it will work just as good or better than Gortex. To me Gortex is just for yuppie brand name junkies with money to piss away.

Then don't buy Goretex! Sheesh.

AeroGuyDC
02-13-2010, 02:52
I spent about $115 last weekend at this store and came away with a Thermarest Trail Lite, titanium eating utensils, 3 different Outdoor Research waterproof stuff sacks, zipper lube, nylon repair tape, Mountain Hardwear tent stakes (4 pack), 3 AT trail maps, 3 Primus 220g cannisters, and a pack of trail bath wipes. I saved about 50 bucks overall. Not bad.

tuswm
02-13-2010, 13:34
I used to work at both the HTOs that are closing. I think part of it is that they pay their sales staff much much less then REI so alot of people leave for REI or EMS both are in the area.