PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Hiking Vids! Check em out!

trailangelbronco
02-12-2010, 19:54
I live near Boise and hike all over the Sawtooths, White Cloud's and even the Rainbow Basin. Tons of highpeaks and alpine lakes. Solitude and scenery at it's best.

If anyone ever wants to come hike out here, drop me a line. I'll hook ya up and maybe even join ya.

Some random vids of hiking the Sawttooths below. (Not my Vids but check these out!!

Decker Peak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyMU2ScZIhQ) Awesome hike this guy made a great vid!!

Frank Church Wilderness Area (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-qv3g2WQrM&feature=related) 3.3 million acres of roadless wilderness protected by the US Govt. The largest roadless wilderness in the lower 48!! This whole area in Idaho is full of hotsprings, even some hot spring water falls to stand under and warm up.

Phreak
02-12-2010, 20:29
Beautiful country!

fiddlehead
02-12-2010, 20:39
That sawtooth video is great.
Great quality, good editing. and Amazing hike.
The sawtooth's are one place I have not hiked.
I have done many hikes in ID and won't tell you my favorite but I may have to try to fit the sawtooths in on a future trip.
Thanks for that link.
I was very surprised to see only 12 views.
I'm sure that will grow fast with such a quality video.

The 2nd video (Frank Church) is not near the quality, although I have hiked and kayaked in that area and it is full of hot springs and great whitewater for sure.

trailangelbronco
02-12-2010, 20:43
So, why won't you tell me your favorite Idaho hike.

fiddlehead
02-12-2010, 20:54
Sorry, I was sworn to secrecy when a good friend turned me on to it.
We woke up the 1st morning with mt. goats eating the grass next to our tent.
I'll give you a hint, we hiked through some of the biggest cedar trees in the world.
(but not where the goats were)

trailangelbronco
02-12-2010, 22:13
Sounds kind of like Elk River, but also about 100 other spots that I know of.

Egads
02-12-2010, 23:07
Little St. Joseph Peak in the Bitter-root Mtns

trailangelbronco
02-12-2010, 23:48
Nice pic. The Bitteroots are beautiful.

nox
02-12-2010, 23:54
I wandered around the Frank Church Wilderness last summer, it was absolutely awesome. I'm hoping to get out there again sometime soon (after the snow melts). I laugh at the people who think Idaho has nothing but fields with potatoes.

trailangelbronco
02-12-2010, 23:59
I know. But, we Idahoans almost want people to keep thinking that. Most of the campsites still have room if you get there late. Boise grew like crazy with Californians the last ten years. My town gre from 15,000 to 70,000 in ten freakin years. I just built a house where I used to bird hunt.

Rocket Jones
02-13-2010, 12:19
Californians done ruined Oregon and Washington is it's own brand of crazy. I left Northern California years ago, just as it was starting to be called the Silicon Valley. I miss what it used to be, but that doesn't exist anymore.

Sarge
02-13-2010, 12:35
I was stationed at Mtn Home AFB for 7 years from 1986 to 1993. I was in those mountains as much as I could possibly be from Memorial Day weekend until after hunting season when you couldn't get into the backcountry anymore. I did more hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking, and white water rafting there than I've ever done in my life. I have fond memories of that area and miss it a lot.

Sarge

trailangelbronco
02-13-2010, 12:52
My neighbor works at Mountain home AFB. There is some great hiking close by there above Anderson Ranch in the Rainbow Basin. Ever been to Big Trinity Lake?

Roughin' It
02-13-2010, 13:06
GREAT videos bronco. So so so so beautiful up there, I am truly jealous of your location.
Love near the end when you are sliding down the rocks on your feet.
Keep it up!

Sarge
02-14-2010, 09:59
My neighbor works at Mountain home AFB. There is some great hiking close by there above Anderson Ranch in the Rainbow Basin. Ever been to Big Trinity Lake?
The Trinity Mountain area was one of my favorite areas to hike into. Had some of the best cutthroat trout fishing in that part of the state. Most people didn't even know about it because it took too much effort to get to it.

Sarge