PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping bag suggestions

Heavy G
02-13-2010, 14:56
I am beginning to look at doing overnight and weekend hikes with a section hike in late spring. I need to get a sleeping bag. I am 6'4'' and 330lbs. Does anybody have a suggetion of where to look? And of course money is an issue. Thanks for the help or as they say in Hawaiian "Mahalo i Kakua".

eric j
02-13-2010, 19:05
I am beginning to look at doing overnight and weekend hikes with a section hike in late spring. I need to get a sleeping bag. I am 6'4'' and 330lbs. Does anybody have a suggetion of where to look? And of course money is an issue. Thanks for the help or as they say in Hawaiian "Mahalo i Kakua".
Just got a Marmot Tressles 15 long, seems like a great bag for the $ campmor 89.00 I think. Tried it out the other nite 18* low, very warm. Im 6'5 245, maybe should have got the x-wide, you will definetly need a wider bag,maybe 2 (just kidding)

skinewmexico
02-13-2010, 22:50
Luxurylite has some overfilled bags on closeout for $99. And they're big.

Roche
02-13-2010, 22:57
Heavy G

It may be well worth your time to drive to up to Metsville were Campmor is located (Paramus NJ) and test drive a few bags (the Marmot Trestles 15degree long x-wide at $109 looks like a good place to start). Other than boots/shoes (choose them like a spouse - take your time and don't skimp, boots should be as near to perfect as possible) you spend a lot of time in a bag - when your tired and beat. Don't forget a good sleeping pad - Thermarest is the standard. Now balance between costs and weight. Go PHILLIES!

Heavy G
02-14-2010, 00:13
tppreston- Campmor is in paramus? If so I guess I'll make the trek to north jersey, God I hate it north of rt.195! I have two pairs of hiking boots. My Merrels are great, the other pair is just ok. I also have a great pair of Columbia trail shoes.

Tinker
02-14-2010, 02:44
Campmor store address and other info:
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/CustomerService___