PDA

View Full Version : Foothills Trail hike in the spring.

Manikwest
02-14-2010, 21:28
I am planning to hike the entire foothills trail in the spring. I am looking for like minded individuals that are thinking of hiking the Foothills Trail, possible someone who has done it before, or knows the area. I have not made set dates yet, I am going to wait and see if anyone else would join.

Hikerhead
02-14-2010, 22:26
I would have liked to gone but now it looks like I'll have to wait till fall.

Scrapes
02-14-2010, 22:46
I did the bottom 20 or so miles last year, its absolutely beautiful along the river. Camp sites right on the river are beautiful.

corialice81
02-17-2010, 12:36
I'm hiking over spring break in March, doing it in 5 days from Oconee to Table rock.

Can't wait.

10-K
02-17-2010, 12:39
I'm hiking over spring break in March, doing it in 5 days from Oconee to Table rock.

Can't wait.

Me too... 3/6 to be exact. I just confirmed my shuttle from TRSP to OSP this morning. I'm looking forward to it - and hopefully it'll be warm enough to get some hammock hanging experience.

BIG TIGER
02-17-2010, 14:26
Hey,
Just to let you know Anderson has a backpacking cub. We meet once a month at the main library. We have a meeting tomorrow night 7-9.
We have a trip this weekend. A lot of the members have done the foothills
and a couple have done the AT. Just thought I would let you know.

Ron

restlesss
02-17-2010, 15:46
I am going to either the BMT in the smokies OR the foothills trail beginning April3 and hiking to the end. I don't have a shuttle set up I was thinking of thru hiking the trail then doing it again back to my truck. I have about 11 days but that includes my travel time from Michigan. It mainly depends on if I encounter too much snow on the BMT. When exactly were you going to go?

sumnere
02-17-2010, 16:39
I'm doing 5 days of the FHT starting March 15.

corialice81
02-17-2010, 19:25
Me too... 3/6 to be exact. I just confirmed my shuttle from TRSP to OSP this morning. I'm looking forward to it - and hopefully it'll be warm enough to get some hammock hanging experience.

Crazy! I'm probably see you out there!

soulrebel
02-17-2010, 19:31
I'm interested in hiking the foothills trails. Who runs shuttles from end to end? And how much does that cost roughly?

Hikerhead
02-17-2010, 19:36
I'm interested in hiking the foothills trails. Who runs shuttles from end to end? And how much does that cost roughly?

There's a list on the Foothills website, doesn't list cost. I'd be interested in knowing who other folks have used also, and approx cost.

10-K
02-17-2010, 20:55
Crazy! I'm probably see you out there!

I know - judging from this thread the FHT is going to be crowded!

Scrapes
02-17-2010, 23:21
Its a great trail, plenty of water, views, beautiful scenic river. I want to go back.

Manikwest
02-19-2010, 11:30
Hey,
Just to let you know Anderson has a backpacking cub. We meet once a month at the main library. We have a meeting tomorrow night 7-9.
We have a trip this weekend. A lot of the members have done the foothills
and a couple have done the AT. Just thought I would let you know.

Ron

Ron

Thank you so much. I was wondering about that. Is there membershib too join the club, or no? Anywho sounds cool, will try to join soon.

Manikwest
02-19-2010, 11:36
Sounds like there will be allot of others doing the Foothills trail this year. The more the Merrier!! I am not sure of the shuttles. I have family near Table Rock that will be picking me up, and taking me back to my vehicle. I am expecting that the weather will be a bit chilly this year, but what are sleeping bags for?:)
I am going to go do the Table Rock Summit trail right now, and the weather is beatific. Wish me luck!
Gotta Hike!

BIG TIGER
02-19-2010, 12:44
The membership is free and they require you attend one meeting before you go on a trip. They were talking about doing the Foothills in April last night.

Ron

Manikwest
02-19-2010, 22:16
Awesome! Once again Thanks Ron. I would have loved to go to the meeting, but my family is in town from Fl, so I already had prior obligations. I was planning on doing the Foothills Trail in April. It would be cool to do it with others, or in a group setting. When is the club meeting next, and who should I contact to join? Again, thanks Ron.
Jeremy:banana