PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle at the YMCA in Waynesboro

TronBlaster
09-24-2004, 02:06
Does anyone know if the beat up old bicycle is still behind the YMCA in Waynesboro? I ask because Poco y Poco and I (Caterpillar) bought that bike from Recycle Cycle and I've been kicking myself for not leaving a register with it ever since! I heard from several hikers that the bicycle was still there, but they went through Waynesboro only about a week behind me at most. I'd love to hear any stories about the bicycle.

--Caterpillar (GaMe '04)

Jaybird
09-24-2004, 05:49
Does anyone know if the beat up old bicycle is still behind the YMCA in Waynesboro? --Caterpillar (GaMe '04)

YO TronB...

just out of curiosity...what kinda bike did you "donate"?
i'm a cyclist too...besides a section-hiker. :D

TronBlaster
09-24-2004, 10:11
Hey JayB,
It was a broken down mountain bike/cruiser hybrid. Probably early 90s vintage. The brakes were shot. I don't remember what brand it was. Someone dropped it off at Recycle Cycle to be repaired and must have said 'screw it' when they got the estimate. Recycle Cycle had a handful of abandoned bikes taking up space in the back. We told them hikers would jump at the chance to buy them for $5-$10. They sold it for $20. ;oP

Lint
11-04-2004, 22:36
Thanks for the bike, Caterpillar! I got a chance to ride it to the gas station to fill up (on beer) and it was great to be back in the saddle. Sure hope it was still there for everyone behind me.

Seraphim
12-19-2004, 06:54
Ah, Caterpillar, I somehow never caught you... Or you, Lint, for that matter! Anyway, I was in Waynesboro for a few weeks working at the Pizza Hut, and I rode that bike so many times I cannot even remember everything I got into ridin along after a hard day of servin pizzas.... I remember falling a few times, getting lost, running into trees and trying to ride it to the Hard Time Hollow one day after drinking a bottle of Jack... The breaks kept breaking, something about it's long life, I suppose. Anyhow, it was there in one piece when I left it, propped against the picnic table next to the cooler full o beer. So, to my standards, your trail magic was handed down ten-fold. Thanks! it made me feel like a little girl in Georgia again...