PDA

View Full Version : Hiking South in April

Lion King
02-15-2010, 15:47
anyone heading South from NH in April let me know, Im searching for a ride to Duncannon to hike from there to trail days before I have to come back to work.

How is the weather from Duncannon to Damascus during April?

Lion King
02-15-2010, 15:49
PS, can give gas money...forgot to mention that.

Pacific Tortuga
02-15-2010, 16:11
Thought hiking/filming was your work :cool:

Lion King
02-15-2010, 16:20
Thought hiking/filming was your work :cool:

writing and film is what I am trying to make my life, but I work up here right now till off season (April/May) and I figure hiking to Trail Days, selling DVDS there is cheaper and more profitable then staying here paying rent and not making squat for money.

I can hike on $300 for a month and a a half easily.

Pacific Tortuga
02-15-2010, 16:52
Much more fun too, as long as they pay you.
Trust is good thing but at least a deposit is better (circa 2007) :mad:

BAG "o" TRICKS
02-16-2010, 10:58
anyone heading South from NH in April let me know, Im searching for a ride to Duncannon to hike from there to trail days before I have to come back to work.

How is the weather from Duncannon to Damascus during April?

You're hiking from Duncannon to Damascus in a month. You go LK

Anyway I know what you meant. Weather during that month could be anything. I've seen it hot and sunny and cold and rainy. I would imagine, due to what should be a significant snow melt, the trail will surely be well saturated for a time this season. Couple that with some rain and bring your scuba gear.

Lion King
02-16-2010, 12:22
Much more fun too, as long as they pay you.
Trust is good thing but at least a deposit is better (circa 2007) :mad:

Not sure what that means.

Lion King
02-16-2010, 12:25
You're hiking from Duncannon to Damascus in a month. You go LK

Anyway I know what you meant. Weather during that month could be anything. I've seen it hot and sunny and cold and rainy. I would imagine, due to what should be a significant snow melt, the trail will surely be well saturated for a time this season. Couple that with some rain and bring your scuba gear.

diggin' out the 03 scuba gear.

Well, I plan on starting first part of April, I figure if I can get from Springer to Trail days in a month and a half, I can do the same thing the oppisite direction.

I will be spending a GREAT deal of time in the woods and eating a lot of raman. Tightly budgeted so thats probably for the best. Wouldnt even do that if not for lack of tourists season up here and no work for two months.